Thai national travel advice to UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai national travel advice to UK

Hi, my girlfriend recently got her 6 month UK Visa! We are now looking at the best options for her to get here and return home safely 3 months later. She is convinced that she simply can't return to thailand on any other airline than the government organised repatriation flights - is this true? I see plenty of airlines flying into and out of BKK every day. We want to go with one of the Qatar, Etihad, Emirates ideally to split the journey in two and get her direct into Manchester.

Can someone advise on the following or point me in a direction where I can find the information:

Airlines operating, and their individual rules, regulations, what doctors notes, test certs etc. are required to board.

Travel insurance. Want to make sure she has full insurance covering covid too.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Alex of Smeg View Post
    She is convinced that she simply can't return to thailand on any other airline than the government organised repatriation flights - is this true?
    Currently, yes. And there is no end date to this as yet.

Repatriation flights are flying into Bkk from all over, which will probably account for the other flights you have noticed. As it stands, Thailand is closed to normal scheduled international flights from anywhere. such flights into Thailand simply do not exist right now.
    'Tis me

Comment

The flights you are seeing are for cargo.
      If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Well, if there's flights out then there is flights in. Unless they're just producing planes every day and sending them off from Bangkok. You telling me all these passenger airlines are flying in to Thailand completely empty?

Comment

Go on skyscanner and search for the flight date you want. If there is anything flying to Thailand it will show. Then contact the/those airlines that are showing flights and ask them the questions you raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex of Smeg View Post
            Well, if there's flights out then there is flights in. Unless they're just producing planes every day and sending them off from Bangkok. You telling me all these passenger airlines are flying in to Thailand completely empty?
            Yes, empty of passengers. They will likely be carrying cargo on the way in to BKK. There are no commercial international passenger flights in to Thailand. The only exception are repatriation flights chartered by the various Thai Embassies around the world bringing Thai citizens (and certain long term residents) back home.
            Tobias - โทเบียส
            It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Working...
            X