Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Thailand for Christmas and New Year 2020?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maka View Post
    Looking at the prices for Christmas and New year for me and the kids going to give that a miss, but half term in October isn't too bad, still kinda highish but doable..

What I don't want is that 14 day quarantine upon arrival in Thailand, do you guys think that will be gone by October?
    That looks a no go after reading the below:

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-ne...IVXkE80FvZnN3w

I know it's Australian but the content about Thailand is for any country entering into the Kingdom...
    Looks like 2020 is a no go

Comment

I feel for everyone trying to get out there for different reasons.

We were originally booked for June 11th for 4 weeks.

I booked through an agent but was able to move our flights with KLM to 4th Nov with the option to move them again if it is still a no go - there was no additional cost. Things are certainly moving very slow - I think maybe 70% No and 30% Yes for whether we will be allowed to go at the moment.

Fingers crossed and good luck everyone.

Comment

Not had confirmation as yet but the Qatar booking for 27/7 my wife has was still live 2 days ago but cannot now be viewed in the QR manage my booking.

Our last discussion was that if flights were cancelled again we will get a refund.
        We will not book again until it is certain she is able to fly commercially.

Its becoming irritating constantly wondering what will happen with Thailands borders and reports of covid infections coming in on repatriation flights etc doesn't bode well for a decision to allow commercial flights in so will consider that maybe next April will be a better plan.
        I would rather our money sits in our account now as the airline industry is too volitile at present.
        I see Qantas have grounded all international flights except to NZ till next year.

Comment

It seems inconceivable to me that the borders would remain closed until next year. November might be possible. Of course do the Thais want us there ??

Comment

I agree. We are applying for settlement in September and the plan was for my wife to come to the UK for christmas to pick up the Visa and go back for a couple of months to Bangkok to get her kit together and finish with her job and come back to the UK. We think though after recent events that quarantine will still be going on for Thai returners in January or a good chance because Europe is so dodgy now so she will come Christmas to the UK and stay until the following winter when I think the virus will be on it's last legs . All a hunch of course but Thailand really seems to take no chances

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I agree. We are applying for settlement in September and the plan was for my wife to come to the UK for christmas to pick up the Visa and go back for a couple of months to Bangkok to get her kit together and finish with her job and come back to the UK. We think though after recent events that quarantine will still be going on for Thai returners in January or a good chance because Europe is so dodgy now so she will come Christmas to the UK and stay until the following winter when I think the virus will be on it's last legs . All a hunch of course but Thailand really seems to take no chances

That looks a no go after reading the below:

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-ne...IVXkE80FvZnN3w

I know it's Australian but the content about Thailand is for any country entering into the Kingdom...
            Looks like 2020 is a no go

Comment

I was planning on going to Thailand for Christmas and New Year this year, but hard to plan due to all of this COVID stuff

What do you guys think?
              Will it be possible?
              Will all the quarantine stuff be finished by then?
              Will it be back to normal in Thailand?
              Some of the main hotels here (Phuket) are preparing for a September opening, others for December. Some of the big players are not saying anything to staff.

Even if they do open and tourists are able to come the borders will be slammed shut very quickly if there is any outbreak. But I think the answers to your questions are, no one knows, maybe, probably not and no chance !

Comment

Originally posted by ray8472 View Post
                It seems inconceivable to me that the borders would remain closed until next year. November might be possible. Of course do the Thais want us there ??
                Of course they don't want you there, however, lucky for you they want your money !

Comment

We have two very similar topics running and both have had several posts today. To avoid confusion and cross-posting I've moved today's posts to the topic below to make sure everything on this subject is in one place.

Please continue the discussion here: Thailand closed to visitors until 2021?

Tobias - โทเบียส
                  It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Working...
                  X