Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg / Pairin
    replied
    Samut Sakhon has been put into lockdown after 548 positive tests were reported today.

Samut Sakhon locked down as 548 new cases found (bangkokpost.com)

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    According to the Pattaya Mail: ''Pattaya’s population shrinks by 300,000 amid tourism shutdown'' Pretty sad situation really, never had a chance to have a face to face chat with my sister-in-law, who lives / works in Pattaya about the situation, always seemed to miss each other in Surin this year.
    Article written by: Jetsada Homkin (18Nov20). https://www.pattayamail.com/latestne...hutdown-334155

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Went along Bang Na - Trat Road to Toyota to have the car serviced today, dropped it off then went over to Central for something to eat, then Mrs needed to go to DTAC and any amount of people with no masks on, meant to stand in line using the markings on the floor for distancing IE when Mrs was queuing food coupons, she did and in front of her, but behind was like a free-for-all, its like curfews over, 1st of July thats it back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• DAS
    replied
    Just when we thought we were getting the kids back to school to catch up. Haven't people had enough time off. Madness!

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Bank Holidays July :
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...0next%20month.

Leave a comment:

• DAS
    replied
    Had the termite people in yesterday so after they'd done their bit ( house stinks and leave for 3 hours) and left, we went down to Nang Ram beach at Sattahip port.

OMG! The crowds there were horrendous, it was just like Songkran, forget social distancing and little mask wearing at all. Navy still charging and packing them in, nice little earner for them. We didn't stay. I had my temp taken as I was the driver but only the drivers did, (Thai logic I guess).

My favourite local beach but won't be rushing back any time soon, also not a foreigner in sight.

Leave a comment:

• caller
    replied
    Originally posted by sisaket View Post
    Hopefully after the COVID-19 carry on, it will be easy to convince " her who must be obeyed " the crowds and close proximity of persons make this place a risk to our health and I never have to darken its entrances ever again
    HaHa - different to me - I love going there! But mainly for the art section. Some great artists sell at Chatuchak. One who quit about a year back after 25 years, still has his own Bkk gallery and had a one-man show in New York a few months ago. I once watched a dealer from Oz selecting paintings for his gallery at the market. I also like the permanent shops area, for those that sell home décor, furniture and such stuff.

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Originally posted by caller View Post
    So they re-opened Chatuchak. But no mention of the live exotic animal part of the market, where all sorts of poor creatures (and many imported illegally) from wherever, are held in captive in close proximity to each other.

Anyway, the authorities stated everyone would be following strict safe distancing rules and that everyone would be wearing a mask, amongst other such precautions.

The Bangkok Posts lead photo about the market re-opening, shows otherwise.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7993[/ATTACH]
    Hopefully after the COVID-19 carry on, it will be easy to convince " her who must be obeyed " the crowds and close proximity of persons make this place a risk to our health and I never have to darken its entrances ever again

Leave a comment:

• dontheturner
    replied
    Nickj1000- I TOTALLY AGREE. Once every two weeks, I drive my Thai Wife, out in Shropshire for food. I am over 80 - so stay in the Car! - Thousands about - they dont give a ❇❇❇❇! Was all sold here, to return to Ubon, but the Air Planes ceased! - So we have to wait - Wish we were back! YTake Care. Don - (89).

Leave a comment:

• caller
    replied
    So they re-opened Chatuchak. But no mention of the live exotic animal part of the market, where all sorts of poor creatures (and many imported illegally) from wherever, are held in captive in close proximity to each other.

Anyway, the authorities stated everyone would be following strict safe distancing rules and that everyone would be wearing a mask, amongst other such precautions.

The Bangkok Posts lead photo about the market re-opening, shows otherwise.

c1_1915288_200509172854.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DAS
    replied
    Decided to break my own rules and went out for a drive yesterday (climbing the walls). Went to Bang Chang beaches and noticed they were all open from 08.00 to 16.00. Deck chairs and tables out too. Not many people around though and what there were, were well spaced along the beaches in family groups much more than 2 metres apart. Masks were 50% worn on the beach but when people went to the shops etc. they were worn. Apparently the beach closes at 4pm. to stop the Thais from partying there, the missus said some would party all night if they could so everyone has to be treated like children. Still I enjoyed my day out and walk along the beach, been a few years since i was there and Phayun beach has changed a little. We didn't wear masks for the walk along the beach but had no problem keeping at least 5 metres from other people.

Did some shopping at Tesco at Kilo 10 on the way back many things still closed in the complex Gel and masks in full use, not busy and some good fruit there.

The girl starts internet learning from school next week 18th. (can't leave her alone) so I think one day this week we will go back prepared and have a swim and a bit more time there as this is the reason I came to live here in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Elad
    replied
    If you catch the corona virus in Thailand, then you're probably more likely to die on the way to the hospital!!
    Shouldn't laugh but...

Leave a comment:

• Barnet
    replied
    Yes same in Kalasin. Pathetic really. They were crammed in all day Sunday on the lash so much so that the forest area has been closed down. Today must have been pay day by the Govt. as there were hoards of people outside the bank and none observing social distancing. What's worse is that two cops stood and watched it as they were emptying the ATM machines. Typical Thailand really, people follow and copy like sheep without knowing why they are doing so. Can't help wondering if there will be a "We told you so" coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• maokaang
    replied
    Originally posted by te2008 View Post
    A friend of mine saids no barber's open up in Chiang Rai and in Chiang Mai
    Sunday was the nationally permitted day, but the final decision has, I believe, been left up to individual provinces. Many barber shops/salons opened in Khon Kaen last Sunday. None of those I drove past were observing social distancing rules, with numerous customers sitting down inside, right next to each other, waiting their turn.

The most ridiculous scenarios were created by the sudden lifting of the alcohol ban, causing chaos in cram-packed supermarkets.

Way to spread a virus Thailand! Well done.

Leave a comment:

• te2008
    replied
    Originally posted by caller View Post
    In Thailand, from today.
    A friend of mine saids no barber's open up in Chiang Rai and in Chiang Mai

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X