This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post
    they did indeed, it is the law that was at fault. They should have very special covid arrangements to work outside of the law of others that is transparent and seen to be with good reason and 100% safe for others to see and understand. I suspect the part goers take no interest in these people anyway or even care who they are or bother to look. They just want a beer and fun and that is the end of it.
    do not treat people with disrepect we are talking nearly 10 million now in restrictions and this french xxxx swans into the uk and does what he wants get a grip .well out of order not having a go at any one .only BO Jo the CLOWN

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Originally posted by maokaang View Post
    It's ❇❇❇❇wit conversations like this that have contributed to my imminent bailout.
    can explain what you mean please ???

Comment

• Thanks Ian. It's divs like these that I wake up everyday feeling grateful I moved to Thailand with my family. The Soi dogs in this country have more consideration and common sense than many of the UK's public.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Originally posted by manfarang View Post
      If lorry drivers crossing the channel where forced to quarantine for 14 days, we would soon run out of lorries. That would mean no more :-

Newcastle Brown Ale, Marmite, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, HP Source, Daddies Source, etc., ad infinitum.

All the stuff you would expect to be made in the UK, but isn't.

Love this post! Priorities in tune with my own! If they stop my supply of crisps or Anchor butter I could change my views on quarantine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnet View Post
        If they stop my supply of crisps or Anchor butter I could change my views on quarantine.
        No need to worry about Anchor butter - e do cu'm frum Wilt shire me luvvly. Made with British milk frum British cows - nun bet'er.
        aka Spud

Comment

• The media is clamouring for a nationwide lock down in the UK, possibly to start next week. Presumably so that at Christmas time every one can travel around the country and spread it all around again. Christmas was a religious festival that has turned in to a worldwide holiday time of mainly excess consumerism.

Bah humbug!
          aka Spud

Comment

• Originally posted by manfarang View Post
            No need to worry about Anchor butter - e do cu'm frum Wilt shire me luvvly. Made with British milk frum British cows - nun bet'er.
            The Anchor butter sold in Thailand comes from its original source, Hamilton, New Zealand.
            Paul พอล
            กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

• Conspiracy theories are so boring.
              If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

• Actually BazM that post is factually inaccurate and insulting to many people who actually have a faith and more to the point not related to Covid. That said I support your right to your opinion but would respectfully request that you respect the rights of those of us who think you are wrong.
                Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

• Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
                  Conspiracy theories are so boring.
                  I know, some of them are absurd.....

However, you must have heard the one about the Child kidnapping gangs doing the rounds? absolute nonsense.

​​​​​​https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54892564

Sorry its from the BBC, but for some here, this is the only source that is accepted

"Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Originally posted by Baz M View Post

I know, some of them are absurd.....

However, you must have heard the one about the Child kidnapping gangs doing the rounds? absolute nonsense.

​​​​​​https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-54892564

Sorry its from the BBC, but for some here, this is the only source that is accepted
                    Child
                    At times you appear to struggle to discern the difference between crackpot conspiracy theories and fact. The very concerning child kidnapping article is sadly very real, no hint of a conspiracy there.
                    Tobias - โทเบียส
                    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

• I have quite often heard of Sweden being mentioned by people who don't think there is an "issue" with the virus, and it really makes me cringe as to what they really know or proves. It sticks in my mind because my nephew married a Swedish national and has migrated there, working for Tesla and living in Copenhagen.

Those that quote Sweden as being a good example without knowing anything about it, just that they have heard it is a good example and so believe it must be without doing any research, are then often gullible enough to to also believe those that are also saying that the virus does not constitute a threat, masks don't have any benefit etc etc.

Just a simple check of how Sweden compares to it's neighbours, Norway, Finland and Denmark and they might wisen up a bit. Okay, Sweden has double the population of each of those countries, but even combining those countries, which would then have 1.5x the population Sweden has a terrible death and contamination rate compared to those others.

There is then the spread of the population in Sweden, I was amazed how easy it was to drive around Copenhagen and once outside the number of cars on the road and people you see are so dispersed I was amazed. Then there's the responsibility that most of the citizens have for each other and the sense of community, that would all help in reducing the spread, but unfortunately not in all cases.

So anyone quoting "Sweden" I wonder what the heck they are talking about and if they know what they are talking about :-(

For reference:-
                      Coronavirus Update (Live): 60,560,083 Cases and 1,423,534 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Corona Virus.jpg

Comment

• If I remember correctly without going back to check the numbers, Sweden seemed to start well and did not conform to other countries' methods of isolation. Maybe the population were more careful or spread out I do not know. However there seems to have been a turn around of sorts, maybe they got a bit too confident and took their eyes off the ball. Either way their death rate per million is nothing to boast about for sure but better than the UK.
                        Last edited by Tom & Nok; 29 Nov 2020, 09:01. Reason: Deleted quote of the previous post (there's no need to quote the whole of the immediately preceding post, just the relevant part of it being responded to).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                          At times you appear to struggle to discern the difference between crackpot conspiracy theories and fact
                          You got the sarcasm in that last post right?

Could you enlighten me on what exact crack pot conspiracy theories I've mentioned on this forum....have I suggested the Royal Family are Lizards, nope, have I suggested 5G will fry us from the inside out, nope, have I said we will drop dead from a vaccine, nope. I think that's what you are meaning my crackpot...

Now have I expressed concerns that this Pandemic has gone slightly overboard, yes.

I'm sorry to say but the basis of all my eyebrow raising was formed back in early to mid 2019 when I began delving deep into that deep murky world known as crypto. Inevitably Crypto leads into the financial world follow a 'Disruptor' known as Charles Hoskinson. One of the founders of Ethereum, now CEO of Cardano IOHK. A mathmatician, but with a sprinkling of that all important ingredient, common sense. But anyway, there was a general consensus back then that a radical Black Swan event would need to happen for financial changes to occur....

I really don't know why I'm explaining myself boss......you think I'm a Class one idiot...so pointless.

What discerns me is the fact that everybody just seems to be out of puff and just taking verbatim everything thats unfolding in front of them....not even a little query.

Ash. Sorry if it upset you. I don't think it did. It's just fashionable now to express our displeasure at something. I get it
                          "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                            At times you appear to struggle to discern the difference between crackpot conspiracy theories and fact...
                            Originally posted by Baz M View Post
                            ... Could you enlighten me on what exact crack pot conspiracy theories I've mentioned on this forum....
                            .I'm sorry to say but the basis of all my eyebrow raising was formed back in early to mid 2019 when I began delving deep into that deep murky world known as crypto. Inevitably Crypto leads into the financial world follow a 'Disruptor' known as Charles Hoskinson. One of the founders of Ethereum, now CEO of Cardano IOHK. A mathmatician, but with a sprinkling of that all important ingredient, common sense. But anyway, there was a general consensus back then that a radical Black Swan event would need to happen for financial changes to occur ...
                            2+2= ???

Does that not quite strike you as a crackpot potential conspiracy theory? Not even a little?

... ...you think I'm a Class one idiot...so pointless.
                            Not at all, apart from your apparent easily won credulity in accepting conspiracy theories, I find you a particularly honest, intelligent and agreeable chap.

Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post

If I remember correctly without going back to check the numbers, Sweden seemed to start well and did not conform to other countries' methods of isolation. Maybe the population were more careful or spread out I do not know. However there seems to have been a turn around of sorts, maybe they got a bit too confident and took their eyes off the ball. Either way their death rate per million is nothing to boast about for sure but better than the UK
                              For sure Sweden's rate is better than the UK, but we are not comparing like for like. The UK is a much more densely populated populated country, that's one of the reasons we have been hit so hard. Sweden's population on the other hand is more scattered and sporadic. Had Sweden adopted the UK approach to the coronavirus, for example, they might have had a much lower exposure to the virus with significantly fewer deaths.
                              Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

• Good points. So if they had used more aggressive ways to control it in the first place they could have been well ahead of the game now I guess. But easy to look at this in hindsight I guess, like many they may have done something different if they had a crystal ball. I seem to remember Boris shaking hands with COVID patients with some kind of illusion that the UK would surely not have the same problems as other countries. Sorry I digress!
                                Last edited by Tom & Nok; 29 Nov 2020, 09:02. Reason: Deleted quote of the previous post (there's no need to quote the whole of the immediately preceding post, just the relevant part of it being responded to).

Comment

Working...
                                X