Non Refundable booking- cashback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Refundable booking- cashback

Hi all, I made a booking with agoda on a hotel in Pattaya.
    To save a bit of money i went for the non refundable option, This was all booked back in jan of this year before the corona dilema started.

I sent Agoda a email asking politely if i can have a full refund, They replied saying no due to the terms and conditions i made with the hotel and their website.
    But they have offered me a 100% full refund with their agoda cash, Only problem is i only have a year to use it by. Which is really the equivalent of vouchers.
    Very happy with the outcome.

I've learnt by my mistake, and my next booking with any hotel will be with a full refund on any cancellation.
    Thought i would post this post if any of you are concerned about any hotel bookings in a similar situation you have made.
    Guessing the top companies are all maybe doing the same due to the travel restrictions.
    Holty

Nice to know they were more understanding in your situation than when we inadvertently booked a £400 four night stay in an Arabian crack den in Phuket.

Comment

Ty Walshie, Our holiday is not cancelled just yet, but not looking good for our oct 9th flight.
      Sorry to hear about your stay in Phuket

Comment

Originally posted by holty View Post
        Hi all, I made a booking with agoda on a hotel in Pattaya.
        To save a bit of money i went for the non refundable option, This was all booked back in jan of this year before the corona dilema started.

I sent Agoda a email asking politely if i can have a full refund, They replied saying no due to the terms and conditions i made with the hotel and their website.
        But they have offered me a 100% full refund with their agoda cash, Only problem is i only have a year to use it by. Which is really the equivalent of vouchers.
        Very happy with the outcome.

I've learnt by my mistake, and my next booking with any hotel will be with a full refund on any cancellation.
        Thought i would post this post if any of you are concerned about any hotel bookings in a similar situation you have made.
        Guessing the top companies are all maybe doing the same due to the travel restrictions.
        Holty
        I had a couple of hotels booked with Agoda and some with Booking.Com which were non-refundable but they paid all the monies back. But the hotels had closed down during lockdown and curfew when I checked, that would have been for April 2020 in the North of TH.
        bangkok mags

Comment

I had a booking in May with Hotels.com that was non refundable. I asked Hotel.com for a refund and they said no as it was a non refundable booking but suggested I speak with the hotel.
          I did and they said they would contact Hotel.com to give me a refund, which they must have done as Hotel.com sent me an e-mail to say my credit card would be credited with the amount for the booking, and it was.
          Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

I had a booking made via booking.com for Koh Chang january next year pay when i get there .
            In the meantime i got a email from booking .com and owners that i had to pay 3 nights upfront to guarantee booking which i did not and they cancelled my booking ,
            Now in my eyes i could give them a poor rating on booking .com but i am not and lets just say play it safe .
            In these times ..do not part with cash or book anything sit tight and things will work out .

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

PS maybe staycation

Comment

Working...
            X