Hotels near British embassy bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
    When did it move from the old location to Sathon?
    End of March 2020.

Much of the old site is now demolished.

Originally posted by Essex boys View Post
    So I'm happy to walk or use the train system to get around.
    I would not recommend staying in the Sukhumvit area and walking to Sathorn, your lungs would never forgive you. Smoking a full pack of cigarettes might be healthier.

Better to either stay near the Embassy in Sathorn, or near a BTS station where you can travel to either Chong Nonsi or Surasak on the Silom line. The Embassy is a short walk from either of those.

Plenty of hotels along the Silom line. If you're staying at a hotel near a Sukhumvit line BTS, change at Siam for the Silom line.
    Last edited by maokaang; 7 Jul 2020, 06:52. Reason: typo
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

the best answer would be if your 30-45 mins walking and bts or mrt to the embassey your cool and you could take your pick from hotels ...in the old place i stopped soi 2 and could walk through to soi 4 in the hotel grounds .Its the Ministry of affairs you need to worry about that is a trek .
      And in my view if you can pay someone £100 to do it all for you i would pay it .I would say money well spent ...this leg of marriage was a real pain to do .

Comment

My cousin and his wife stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel Sathon a few years ago, which is linked directly to Surasak BTS it looked OK when I went to meet them, he must have got it at a huge discount.
        bangkok mags

Comment

Originally posted by sisaket View Post
          My cousin and his wife stayed at the Eastin Grand Hotel Sathon a few years ago, which is linked directly to Surasak BTS it looked OK when I went to meet them, he must have got it at a huge discount.
          Used to be a good buffet there as well!

If you're flush, try the So Sofitel opposite Lumpini park (for walks). If not flush, go to the roof bar/restaurant, after dark, in any case. The view over the park to the lights of the city beyond is spectacular. Lovely place to enjoy a drink and a snack
          'Tis me

Comment

Wow I did not realize it moved also lol I often stayed in Novotel on Silom, also Holiday inn opposite it, further up is Pullman, on Sathorn, Crowne Plaza is on corner by Lumpini, all good hotels. If you want cheaper use airbb, some noce places in Sathorn.
            It will only take one short visit for affirmation.

Comment

airbb has become popular and there are no financial risks. although last year I used booking services.

Comment

Working...
              X