Hotels near British embassy bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels near British embassy bangkok

Hi all, any recommendations for a hotel near to the British embassy in Bangkok, going to do affirmation of marriage paperwork I'm allowing two days to do this so a decent hotel would be nice.
    look forward to your recommendations.
    essexboys

I had to look up where it’s been moved to.
    I’ve only ever stayed in Sukhumvit so no idea around for hotels near embassy.
    I like to walk about in Bangkok so enjoy the walk.
    Last time I was in Bangkok I stayed on Sukhumvit soi 18 and the wife and her mum walked with me all the way to Pratunum Market. They weren’t impressed.

No idea if you’re partner has a passport yet but can pay extra for same day passport if not.

All the best with your stuff.

Comment

Have stayed at the Bel Air Princess a few times on Sukhumvit Soi 6. Very near Nana Plaza and Sky Train
      Melnathan

Comment

Try this, Sivatel or Park Hyatt, never stayed but both are a 3 to 5 min walk and on the same road as our Embassy, also a stone throw from the Central Embassy Shopping Centre and about 5/10 mins walk from Phloen Chit BTS Station.

Just one on the Affirmation, email it to yourself or make an email and safe it to drafts. If you need to correct something once there then you can log in and sort it out then email it to the staff. If I recall correctly, no devices of anykind allowed inside the compound.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/sivatel-bangkok.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaG6IAQGYAQm4ARfIAQ_YAQPoAQGIAgGoAgO4Au-VhfgFwAIB0gIkMzFkMzE0YjAtMDc1Ny00YzNhLTk5YzItMWM3MmQyNWZhMjQ12AIE4AIB;sid=d9f04483636d869807ff0d930b4b7947;atlas_src=sr_iw_title;checkin=2020-07-20;checkout=2020-07-24;dest_id=0;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;highlighted_blocks=26418826_263990046_2_41_0;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;type=total;ucfs=1&;selected_currency=THB;changed_currency=1#map_closed

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/par...d9&type=total&
        Last edited by Lonerider; 5 Jul 2020, 04:50.

Comment

Thanks gents for the information, great information lonerider,
          many thanks
          essexboys

Comment

Years ago when Mon got her visa we stayed at the Bangkok Palace Hotel. It's just around the corner from the embassy on New Petchaburi Road. It was clean, very comfortable and reasonably priced.
            If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Hi Keith

New Petchaburi Road is indeed handy for Wittaya Road, but the British Embassy isn't there any more.

Paul พอล
              กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

We have stayed at both the Eastin Grande Sathorn and Anantara Sathorn, both will be a good location for the embassy. It is the business district area, so not much close by as in shops, bars, restaurants etc etc. But eating drinking at the roof top bar at the Anantara sure made up for it.

Comment

We have stayed at eightville on soi 8 Sukhumvit.
                  Very close also to the sky train, very big room and very quiet.
                  Not sure where your getting married, But we got married at the Bangrak amphur registry office in Bangkok.
                  Need any more info send us a pm.

Comment

Once again gents, thanks fir the information. Hi Holty, we will Be getting married in phichit hopefully in December if things go to plan.

Comment

Cool Essex boys, My wife is from Phetchabun and kind of close to phichit. Good luck to you both

Comment

Originally posted by Essex boys View Post
                        Thanks gents for the information, great information lonerider,
                        many thanks
                        essexboys

Ref the Hotels mate, forget them, I did not realise the Embassy had moved, apologies.

When did it move from the old location to Sathon?

Comment

No problem lonerider , to be honest I hadn't checked the embassy location, I just kind of knew where it was (or used to be ) I don't mind walking about in bangkok but I will never again attempt to drive in bangkok, literally nothing moves! So I'm happy to walk or use the train system to get around. We will probably have three nights in bangkok as we don't want to be under pressure time wise to get the affirmation paperwork sorted out.

Comment

I've always stayed around Sukhumvit whilst making visa applications for wife and then a few years back her daughter.

I did like the President Palace on Sukhumvit Soi 11 which is now called the Mercure.
                            I stayed in the Ambassador as well which was terrible. Rooms smelt of cigarettes, bad internet and staff weren't great.

A few years back booked a couple of rooms at Icheckinn on Sukhumvit soi 18 as we had the MIL with us. Was £11 a night per room. I thought it was decent.

I'm quite happy with cheap hotels to be honest.
                            Soi 18 was a better choice for me than Soi 11 as was close to Terminal 21 and the Asok and Sukhumvit stations.

Comment

DSW727, thanks for that list very helpful, I stayed at the Ambassador when I done gf visit visa as its literally a stones throw away, the rooms were bad the whole place stunk, and the place was full of Indian tourists who decimated the breakfast buffet! There was literally nothing left, I won't be recommending it any time soon
                              many thanks
                              essex boys

Comment

Working...
                              X