Visa Exemption on Arrival (Vietnam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Just been reading up on the visa requirements. If Phu Quoc is your first point of entry, then you could have your passport stamped with a 30 day free entry visa waiver. If your intending to do onward travel within Vietnam, then you must inform an immigration officer, you will then be issued with the 15 day Vietnam wide free entry visa.

We have decided to start at HCMC for 4 nights, then get a flight to Phu Quoc for 4 nights, so I will be okay with the 15 day free entry visa.
    No check ,,,,,as Vietnam change month to month there rules .
    I can not upload photos as i can not delete some and it says i need to help anyone ?

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

no 13 bus from ho chi min to the tunnels wish i could upload photos

Comment

Originally posted by Samsung View Post
      No check ,,,,,as Vietnam change month to month there rules .
      Are you sure ? Or are you getting confused with recent refusals of UK tourists being denied entry/transit into China ?
      The British embassy in Beijing has received reports of an increase in tourists being refused entry into China under the visa waiver on arrival scheme. This has prompted the UK government to update their website warning tourists, that the 24 hour - 144 hour visa exemption does not guarantee entry into China.

As for Vietnam, I am sure the following guidelines are still correct.
      https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietna...exemption.html
      https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Comment

When i went in 2013 i think i had to get a visa but then Vietnam did change there rules i just googled it now and it says visitors from the UK get 15 days ,
        But like i said they change the rules often be aware .
        Also Vietnam is not one of the most revisited country's there is people do not seem to go back i do not why maybe it is the trip it self and length of it .
        See post 2 in this thread.
        Also it was some £50 cheaper to get in Bangkok then the UK at the time .
        But this was a few years ago .

Comment

The current Visa free period up to 15 days in VN (Mainland) is valid for another couple of years for UK passport holders, however there is a period between visits I think it is a month using the Visa free route IE you could not visit for a couple of weeks then leave and return a week later, you would then a Visa.
          I went to China a few months ago, but I obtained a Visa in BKK, meant to be en route to a third country and tell the airline you want to claim the Visa exception but I ve always obtained a Visa in advance.
          PS - UK passport holders (plus 58 other countries Inc TH) can visit the Chinese island of Hainan (province) for 30 day Visa free IE without being en-route to a third country, but must be booked via a Chinese travel agent a minimum of two days prior.
          bangkok mags

Comment

Just looked on the UK FCO site and if I read it right I will be good for May 2020 for free entry visa for a short week in HCMC.
            I also think that Ohm is also good for a for a free entry visa?
            I will be going to hopefully get a new Multi Entry O based on Marriage.
            Has anyone had a recent experience with the requirements to get one.
            I think I had read somewhere that I need a letter from my wife? What does that entail?
            Also I think as for Savannakhet :-
            Copy and Original of Marriage Cert
            Copy of my passport and Viet Visa page
            Copy of and Original of Ohm's ID card Signed by Ohm
            Copy of and Original her Tabian Bahn signed by Ohm

Would it be worth doing a copy of my Yellow Book and ID card?
            Do I need bank statements from my Bangkok Bank?

What are the best days to go to the consulate there? As I know Savannakhet gets very busy on certain days.

Thanks
            Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
              Just looked on the UK FCO site and if I read it right I will be good for May 2020 for free entry visa for a short week in HCMC.
              I also think that Ohm is also good for a for a free entry visa?
              Until 30 June 2021, ‘British Citizen’ passport holders travelling for tourism or business can enter Vietnam for up to a maximum of 15 days (inclusive of dates of entry and exit) without a visa.

Thai Passport Holders do not require a visa for entering Vietnam if staying less than 30 days (showing tickets for exiting within 30 days). In case, stay is more than 30 days, you should apply for a visa.

Sorry, I can not be of any help on a Multi Entry O based visa.

Comment

With regards to the letter from wife to support 12 month Multi - O visa, Mrs has written me a couple (which is a requirement in Singapore) she just put address / date (as per normal) then went on to point out she would like to support my application for the Visa, length of time married, passport number (mine) her job description / business description, and that she enclosed and signed supporting documents (IE house-book etc) we would spend time together at the above address etc, any further information please contact, phone No (+66) , Email and I think LINE ID.
                She did write one in Thai and one in English (I dont think it is necessary).
                bangkok mags

Comment

Thanks for the above information guys.

So basically in the letter Ohm just needs to put, we are married, we live at this address, and she fully supports my application for the visa. She will be with me anyway and we will have copies plus original of all docs
                  Although she is not working at the moment due to her just finished project managing the house build...do you think it will be an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
                    Thanks for the above information guys.

So basically in the letter Ohm just needs to put, we are married, we live at this address, and she fully supports my application for the visa. She will be with me anyway and we will have copies plus original of all docs
                    Although she is not working at the moment due to her just finished project managing the house build...do you think it will be an issue?
                    I would nt think it would be a problem, in fact she could point out she did PM the address you will staying, a valid link, one thing I should have pointed out, the Thai Embassy in Singapore had started using online applications for this Visa, IE fill out online application and scan supporting documents, then had to wait a few days until a decision was made, then if successful take the documents to be checked, if OK Visa put in passport, may be worth checking if they do the same in HCMC before you go.
                    bangkok mags

Comment

Working...
                    X