This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattaya Orphanage Trust

Kate & Myself have signed up to run the Asics British 10k Run on the 6th July.

We are running for Pattaya Orphanage Trust.

We would welcome your support and we have a website setup to collect the funds.

Just Giving is a website where you can donate with credit/debit cards and anything you give they can claim the tax back.
    Therefore the charity recieves more than you actually give.

Thank you in advance for any suport you can offer.

Team Martin and Kate

Thank you to everyone who has already contributed, that is a great start it is much appreciated.

Kate & Martin

Comment

A great idea. The Pattaya Orphanage Trust supports the Camillian Center in Rayong. Some may remember this board raised 100,000 Baht a few years ago for the Center which looks after children with HIV. It also provides hospice care. A remarkable place.

For gurther information including a video clip take a look here.

http://www.bahtbus.net

or [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzIZ_raqlQ"]YouTube - Living Positive[/ame]

I visit there every trip to Thailand.

Richard
      It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Well the day is nearly here. We do our 10k run on sunday. Would like to say we are ready but can't.

Big thanks to everyone who have already sponsored us, if anyone else still wants to there is still time.

Many thanks, we will let you know how we get on.

Martin and Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Kate&Martin:
          Well the day is nearly here. We do our 10k run on sunday. Would like to say we are ready but can't.
          Even after all the serious training you did in the Lakes?!?
          Gordie T Geordie

Comment

yep, we must have walked to the site shop at least twice during the weekend...

thanks for sponsoring us

Comment

yep, we must have walked to the site shop at least twice during the weekend...
              Once was probably against the tide though

Comment

Well we did the run this morning.

It took Kate 1h 17 minutes

and me 55 minutes

Thank you to all who have sponsored us.

Comment

Kate & Martin.

Well done, and for a great cause!!!

See you soon

Roland, Yao and Dae

Comment

Great effort, both of you, and a great cause.
                    Gordie T Geordie

Comment

Well done indeed

Kate's time was slower because she was dressed as a pirate ?

Comment

Following the success of running 6.6 miles (10kilometers) I have now signed up for the Edinburgh marathon 26 miles next year. Unfortuntely there were no places for the London one.

Once again I will be running for the Pattaya Orphanage. Kate has chosen to be a spectator for this one.

So I will be bugging you all for sponsorship next year.

Comment

Well Done Martin and Kate
                          You must be a maniac to take on a 'full' marathon Martin.
                          In my prime(and I was a county runner) I took part in a few great north runs/geordie runs...plus something called the 'pheonix fourteener'(bloody nearly killed me!)(14 miles in 1hr 40 mins).
                          Best 1/2 marathon time ever 1 hr 28mins 34 secs in the now defunct geordie run.(Best great north run 1hr 33 mins)
                          I couldn,t imagine everrrrrrrrr running that distance twice over...........not even in my heyday!!(mind you i was always a competitive d..k )
                          Do it in a respectable time(under 4 hrs)and i.ll gladly donate

Comment

Working...
                          X