X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get busy?

Hi,

I just noticed that the most recent post in the charities section of this forum is dated the 4th of December 2006!

I also noticed that that marathon from last year is still a sticky at the top of the list of topics! Surely it's time to replace it?

I know as a total fact that there are a lot of good good people on this forum who do amazing, quiet and consistent work for some very good causes. I know this happens all the time with no fanfare and that they do it with little or no thanks, but isn't it time someone stepped forward to do something special?

I mean, what with the Premium Membership recently being set at an incredible bargain price of just a fiver, I'm sure that there would be a good few of us happy to pull out another fiver for a good cause.

All we need is a volunteer, an event, and a charity!

Ideas anyone?

Why not a forumathon? Choose a date & time & see how many of us can log on at the same time...in the CHAT ROOM!! Or we can have a CHAT ROOM quiz where teams compete. Every wrong answer raises the cash pot for a charity. Something along those lines...using the CHAT ROOMS!!?

Why the CHAT ROOMS? Because it's an avenue where we can all interact 'there & then' & it's using a facility that is heavily under used on this site.

I put HENSON forward as quiz master!!
    In hoc signo crucis vinces

Comment

I put HENSON forward as quiz master!!
      Damn, no questions on Isaan then?
      Paul พอล
      กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

Originally posted by maokaang:
        Damn, no questions on Isaan then?
        Mark
        ควาย

Comment

Paul,

That's left for the Tie-Breaker Bonus Question...

How do you spell Esarn?

There's also the maths section:-

If one sick buffalo is worth 10,000 baht and a Honda Wave 100 costs 30,000 baht, how many falangs do you need to tell about the buffalo to get a Honda Wave?

Comment

How do you spell Esarn?
            อีสาน

.. and now back to the opening topic.
            Paul พอล
            กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

How about an online auction (perhaps similar to E-bay). Members post details of an item(s) and others can bid to buy it. Payments could be made direct to Thailand-UK with ALL the proceeds going to a nominated charity (charities).

I've been looking at how to offload about 100 Thai VCDs for some time now

Conrad

Comment

I happen to know someone who would be interested in bidding for Thai VCDs

Comment

yep.... and I have quite a few English/American films DVDS with Thai subtitles that I need to get rid of,
                  Although to some they may be classed as copies
                  But still they are available for auction to any member here,
                  and would gladly give the takings to a Charity of anybodies choice, perhaps the member who bid the most, could nominate to which charity the proceeds go?
                  I'm there
                  Bryn

Comment

using a facility that is heavily under used on this site.
                    Every time I have logged into it there is no one else there
                    colin 244

Comment

My wife, a mod and a couple of others used the chatroom once and they were all suffering with losing text. The language was getting colourful....
                      'Tis me

Comment

I've only ever found Jenny in the chat room....once....about 2 years ago...& she ran away when I said 'hi'!! ( She's since met me. Not so sure she'd run away now!! )
                        It's a shame that more folk don't feel confident to use them. Maybe they feel they'll get trapped into a discussion & not get away? It's not hard to say 'I gotta go now'.

Summers upon us ( somewhere ) so why not have a sponsored hair cut & post the pics to prove it. Before & after?

I did hear Henson say he was thinking of having a sponsored curryfest at his house in a couple of weeks...sleep over & all that! But I'll leave it to him to give you the details.
                        In hoc signo crucis vinces

Comment

I'm in The Bangkok Bar from time to time but as there are very few people to talk to I end up drinking all the beer.
                          Mark
                          ควาย

Comment

I've only ever found Jenny in the chat room....once....about 2 years ago...& she ran away when I said 'hi'!! ( She's since met me. Not so sure she'd run away now!! )
                            I'm so sorry Casey [name removed by Admin], that I did run away because I was a bit shy not like Toby who likes to talk to strangers and everyone has to listen until their ears bleed however since I met you and Wan you both very nice people. Hope we meet again soon.
                            Jenny

Comment

I end up drinking all the beer.
                              Well its fitting as you are the Landlord and years ago when I managed a bar (not LOS) I did the same
                              colin 244

Comment

Working...
                              X