X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caller
    replied
    Originally posted by ian1208 View Post
    All the money is used for the upkeep of the kids. It has nothing to do with Pattaya and in fact not even near Pattaya.
    Well, I did say Pattaya area - its not far, is it!

I know its a worthy cause, but they will have admin costs as well, everyone does. I guess it depends on whats covered by 'admin'?

Leave a comment:

• ian1208
    replied
    This might be a little contentious but my gripe.

In all probability the best known charity is the Thai Children's trust. They cover a wide range of children's charities and have a really good reputation doing what is needed and distributing cash. If you look at the balance sheets, you can see (albeit 2010) out of nearly £1.5m raised they spent nearly £.5m on admin costs. While I agree that this portion of income is spent on advertising and admin costs can you imagine what half a million quid could do. This is why I support the Camillian Center. All the money is used for the upkeep of the kids. It has nothing to do with Pattaya and in fact not even near Pattaya.
    ian1208

Leave a comment:

• maokaang
    replied
    Posts not offering a new nomination for a charity in this thread have been, and will continue to be, moved here.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• caller
    replied
    I think most of us will be aware, to various degrees, of various charities in and around the areas of LOS we know and pretty much any of them would be a worthy cause.

So whilst I agree the Camillian Center is such a worthy cause, they have already been the recipients of funds from here in the past. So if donating again, rather than 'spreading the love', we might just as well make it our adopted charity and be done with it?

If it goes to a vote, they will probably get it in any case, because of the numbers here that head to the Pattaya area.

I'm really relaxed about it, either way.

Leave a comment:

• ddwjg
    replied
    I repeat. I agree with Ian1208. For some reason it was moved to another thread.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• colin244
    replied
    Been away somewhere Dave? missed you on the forum recently.

colin 244

Leave a comment:

• ddwjg
    replied
    I can only agree with Ian1208.

Leave a comment:

• colin244
    replied
    Kids seems very popular with most rather than greedy monks

colin 244

Leave a comment:

• Jakey
    replied
    Yes, kids charity for me as well.

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    A kids charity for me as well.

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Sprogs charity from me n her indoors .......

Leave a comment:

• ian1208
    replied
    Lee, apologies for going off thread.

Can I suggest to everyone this thread is for nominations only and not for a discussion about religion connected to charity that could be discussed elsewhere.
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• brian99
    replied
    They were still doing that last weekend in Prapadeang Bkk last Sunday! Apparently the Mon people there hold it two weeks later.

Leave a comment:

• N Barton
    replied
    Originally posted by brian99 View Post
    Now it's drought relief Geoff, what did they do with all that water?
    Threw it on each other for Songkran !!

Leave a comment:

• brian99
    replied
    Originally posted by ian1208 View Post
    Brian with all due respect, it would be hard to find a children's charity or donating process in Thailand that is not connected to a religion.
    Know exactly what you witnessed though
    Plenty of kids charities here that are not connected to religion, went to one in klong toey the other week, there seems to be some foundation or other all over the place there. One that is related to religion I trust is baan nok khamin. Orphans again and sad to say quite a few half falangs and half black kids, mainly a result of the sex industry I was told.

--- Update ---

Originally posted by bristolgeoff View Post
    i,am not involved in this but what about flood relief after last year in thailand
    Now it's drought relief Geoff, what did they do with all that water?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X