• Show
Clear All

• vinnie
    replied
    great stuff steve,well done mate

Leave a comment:

• the_link
    replied
    Well done, Steve. Excellent effort, mate, and good cause.

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    Hi again,

The run was this morning and had a great time, really good morning. As it stands, total raised is £222 for the Thai Children's Trust. Once again a big thank you to all forum members that donated

Cheers
    Steve

Sunderland10k.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bifftastic
    replied
    Good luck mate!

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    Hi all,

It's just over a week to go until the run (next Sunday), so I thought I'd give a little update.

Training is going well. I did the Great North Run in 2010 and really enjoyed that; but after the run my motivation vanished and I've pretty much done nothing since. Getting back into it was hard at first but that was to be expected. I didn't realise lungs could actually explode?

Anyway, after the first few runs my fitness seemed to come back quickly and now I'm really enjoying it again (that said, waking up at 05.30 to do a few miles before work during the week isn't the best).

For all its faults, Sunderland has a cracking coastline for running, as well as some nice riverside & park runs which makes all the difference. Some of my training routes also happen to take in a large section of the course too so at least I'll know what to expect on the day.

Once again I'd like to thank the forum members for all the contributions so far. Initially I didn't really know what target to aim for when creating the JustGiving page so I estimated and set it at £200. Currently I'm up to 60% of that figure, mainly due to forum members donations. However, I'm yet to ask around at work and I have commitments from family to add to the pot so I'm confident I'll reach the £200 and hopefully surpass that figure. I was also contacted by the charity, or someone acting on behalf of the charity about doing a press release on my story. I haven't heard anything else since about that but we'll see what happens next week.

http://www.justgiving.com/ThaiChildr...10K-StevenTodd

Thanks again for your support
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• the_link
    replied
    Rather you than me, todd.

Good luck, nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    thank you the_link for your contribution

Steve

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    Thanks to Vinnie & Sisaket

Steve

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    away the toffees ...lol
    good luck with the run ..... a great cause

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    good luck steve,sent you some mate

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by GTG View Post
    You are really going to regret this if we win the Cup
    True Gordon, however with Everton being one of our (many) "bogey" teams, unfortunately I really cant see us going that far.

Cheers
    Steve

PS thanks for the generous donation

Leave a comment:

• GTG
    replied
    Originally posted by toddmeister View Post
    On Sunday 6th May 2012 I will be running in the Sunderland 10K. After looking at various charities I have decided to try and raise some cash for the Thailand Childrens Trust.
    You are really going to regret this if we win the Cup - the final's the day before! Then again, take a bucket round and people will be throwing money at you.

Anyway, great effort, hope all goes well.

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    Thanks Richard to you and Sea

Steve

Leave a comment:

• richardb
    replied
    Well Played Sir.

I few pennies from me are in the kitty. Mrs Richardb might loosen the purse strings also

Richard

Leave a comment:

• toddmeister
    replied
    Cheers Biff and thanks for the donation

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X