X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Sunderland 10K for Thai charity

Hi All,

Firstly, If I am in any way breaking forum rules by posting this thread, mods please remove if necessary.

On Sunday 6th May 2012 I will be running in the Sunderland 10K. After looking at various charities I have decided to try and raise some cash for the Thailand Childrens Trust.

The TCT's mission is to support the most needy Children in Thailand: orphans, children with HIV and AIDS, street kids, refugee children and children with disabilities.

Obviously times are hard right now; but if anyone can help donate to my justgiving page in support of the TCT, no matter how small, it would be very much appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/ThaiChild...10K-StevenTodd
    http://thaichildrenstrust.org.uk/
    http://www.sunderlandcity10k.com/

Many, many thanks in advance

Steve

Well done mate
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Comment

Cheers Biff and thanks for the donation

Steve

Comment

Well Played Sir.

I few pennies from me are in the kitty. Mrs Richardb might loosen the purse strings also

Richard
        It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

Thanks Richard to you and Sea

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by toddmeister View Post
            On Sunday 6th May 2012 I will be running in the Sunderland 10K. After looking at various charities I have decided to try and raise some cash for the Thailand Childrens Trust.
            You are really going to regret this if we win the Cup - the final's the day before! Then again, take a bucket round and people will be throwing money at you.

Anyway, great effort, hope all goes well.
            Gordie T Geordie

Comment

Originally posted by GTG View Post
              You are really going to regret this if we win the Cup
              True Gordon, however with Everton being one of our (many) "bogey" teams, unfortunately I really cant see us going that far.

Cheers
              Steve

PS thanks for the generous donation

Comment

good luck steve,sent you some mate

Comment

away the toffees ...lol
                  good luck with the run ..... a great cause
                  bangkok mags

Comment

Thanks to Vinnie & Sisaket

Steve

Comment

thank you the_link for your contribution

Steve

Comment

Rather you than me, todd.

Good luck, nonetheless.

Comment

Hi all,

It's just over a week to go until the run (next Sunday), so I thought I'd give a little update.

Training is going well. I did the Great North Run in 2010 and really enjoyed that; but after the run my motivation vanished and I've pretty much done nothing since. Getting back into it was hard at first but that was to be expected. I didn't realise lungs could actually explode?

Anyway, after the first few runs my fitness seemed to come back quickly and now I'm really enjoying it again (that said, waking up at 05.30 to do a few miles before work during the week isn't the best).

For all its faults, Sunderland has a cracking coastline for running, as well as some nice riverside & park runs which makes all the difference. Some of my training routes also happen to take in a large section of the course too so at least I'll know what to expect on the day.

Once again I'd like to thank the forum members for all the contributions so far. Initially I didn't really know what target to aim for when creating the JustGiving page so I estimated and set it at £200. Currently I'm up to 60% of that figure, mainly due to forum members donations. However, I'm yet to ask around at work and I have commitments from family to add to the pot so I'm confident I'll reach the £200 and hopefully surpass that figure. I was also contacted by the charity, or someone acting on behalf of the charity about doing a press release on my story. I haven't heard anything else since about that but we'll see what happens next week.

http://www.justgiving.com/ThaiChildr...10K-StevenTodd

Thanks again for your support
                          Steve

Comment

Good luck mate!
                            "You're so unapproachable!"
                            "And yet, here you are."

Comment

Hi again,

The run was this morning and had a great time, really good morning. As it stands, total raised is £222 for the Thai Children's Trust. Once again a big thank you to all forum members that donated

Cheers
                              Steve

Sunderland10k.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X