X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so few Premium Members????

Why so few Premium Members????

To Moderators and ALL users of this site

Can someone tell me how many members T-UK has?

I am sure that it is more than 60 yet there are only 50+ Premium Members!! What I’m trying to say is that I find it astounding that we have so few members who financially contribute to this site.

So this message is to all you out there who use this site for FREE advice: Put your hand in your pocket and contribute to a worthy cause. You come here to get information that can sometimes save you £1000’s and then you ******-off without even leaving a tip. What’s £5 - it won’t even buy 20 cigarettes now! Let’s get our annual charity contribution to £1000+.

I love this site; it has a wealth of very knowledgeable people who offer their advice and time for free. This has to be the best Thailand site available on the net.

Rant over

Doug
    ( Mod’s – if this post cannot be seen by all users then please put it in a new thread)
    Last edited by maokaang; 16 Jun 2011, 13:48. Reason: moved to public forums

Thanks Doug

Less than 10% of our regularly active members are currently signed up.

It's a mere £10 a year (recently increased from a pitiful £5), all for a good cause.

Click here to sign up for Premium Membership now.

Details of our most recent charity donation here.
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

Originally posted by maokaang View Post
      Less than 10% of our regularly active members are currently signed up.
      Less than 10%! That's terrible!
      When will I see you again
      When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Each to their own, but 10% is pitiful. It is, of course, up to the individual as to what their conscience deems acceptable. But I, for one, will be increasing my subs to the paltry sum of £10 for my occasional use of this font of knowledge.

I am an avid reader but seldom post as my pertinent experience of Thailand is insignificant when compared to others.

There are many experienced and knowledgeable members on here who give good solid advice to others in need, these members should not be expected to subsidise those who are inexperienced or ignorant regarding Thai issues or problems.

I fall into the latter section therefore my conscience dictates that I should pay for the good sound advice that I have had from many members of this site.

So to all you newbies out there, come-on, cough-up! It's a worthy cause and a damned good website.

Doug

Comment

I support your post 100% Doug. I'm just wondering if its because a lot of users don't have a paypal account ? Not making excuses for the low up-take ... Is there any other method of payment ?

Comment

there is an option for discussing other payment methods

Comment

"these members should not be expected to subsidise those who are inexperienced or ignorant regarding Thai issues or problems"
              How do these members supsidise this site? The premium membership all goes to charity. Many members will already be giving to their own favoured charity and don't need to wear a badge to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug K View Post
                There are many experienced and knowledgeable members on here who give good solid advice to others in need, these members should not be expected to subsidise those who are inexperienced or ignorant regarding Thai issues or problems.
                I take Dougs meaning of 'subsidise' to be the giving of advice for nothing. Therefore 'subsidising' those who need the information as they are not paying for it.

Comment

For those who would like to to become a Premium Member and don't want to subscribe via Paypay, please send A private message to Lee or Paul. ( takes a bit to find if you are not looking for it )

Comment

yes I sent the money from my online banking to Lee who provided me his details

Comment

Originally posted by edcorkie View Post
                      Many members will already be giving to their own favoured charity and don't need to wear a badge to prove it.
                      I also give to a charity of my choice, but also like to give to this one as:

1. It is an excellent site and I have made a lot (maybe better read a few) friends on here (and probably some enemies too ).

2. £10 is not a great deal to give and it goes to something in the country that i have come to love.

I don't see doing that is "wearing a badge" and "proving I give to charity"

Just MHO
                      When will I see you again
                      When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

I agree that it is one's prerogative whether they choose to pay, or not, for this excellent service.

Though, for what amounts to 0.027 pence per day subs for an entertaining and educational site, and the proceeds to a worthy charity cause each year, I consider 10 pound a reasonable amount to part with, personally.

Comment

I thought the advertisements pay for the running of this site? The premium membership is a charity donation is it not?

Comment

No one is obliged to be a premium member and they shouldn't be made to feel that they should.
                            If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Absolutely Ed - you are spot on mate. 25% of 1 admission ticket to see your beloved Reds. Not too much to ask really is it, whether you contribute to other charities or not ?

Comment

Working...
                              X