Allan's New Build. Korart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan's New Build. Korart.

Hey everyone, following in Lonerider Wayne's tyre tracks here is a selection of photo's from the house build we have just had done in Korat.The build is now complete apart from finishing the perimeter walls / fences and the driveway with front gate.

The (Rice) Field of Dreams!!

Some early preparation and measuring up by the Land Department.

3.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

17.jpg

14.jpg

19.jpg

Once the Land Department were happy we were able to get the Channote sorted (in Nuy's name) and start the preperations properly. The rice field was about 2 - 3 feet lower than the road so we needed to build it up with more earth and to get some clearing started

24.jpg

25.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

35.jpg

49.jpg

Comment

More of the same...

50.jpg

54.jpg

58.jpg

61.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

79.jpg

80.jpg

85.jpg

91.jpg

141.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

165.jpg

175.jpg

180.jpg

188.jpg

187.jpg

197.jpg

Comment

So this was when it felt that things were getting serious. We were about to get the foundation poles driven in. We used an architect based just outside Phimai and he used different gangs / teams for each stage of the work. Adherents to HSE and / or PPE should perhaps, look away now!

199.jpg

205.jpg

207.jpg

209.jpg

216.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

227.jpg

247.jpg

254.jpg

260.jpg

271.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

I'd thought the foundation pole laying cermony was going to be presided over by monks from the local temple but it was the village religious person (Shaman) not sure if that is correct. No offence intended if I am wrong. Anyway, he'd previously given Nuy a number of time slots / days for when it would be "good luck" to put the foundations in. One such "window" happened to include 8th January which happens to be my late Father's birthday. Quite an emotional day!

295.jpg

307.jpg

321.jpg

301.jpg323.jpg

Comment

335.jpg

336.jpg

333.jpg

338.jpg

346.jpg350.jpg

Comment

Great photos Allan, I showed my mrs and she said that our house has cracks in the render because the first post wasn't blessed. Apparently you can buy pre blessed ones but they're not as good!

P.S. how cute, have the same sandals as you for my Thailand visits

Comment

Great Stuff Allan.
                      The Photos are great, I do like the way you have done the wall/fence with the concrete posts and fitting in the concrete slats. I you dont mind me asking? Did they come pre made to a set size and can you get longer posts to maker it taller? Also where they a good price?

I shall look forward to more photos mate

Cheers

Wayne
                      The moment has finally arrived

Comment

Originally posted by walshie View Post
                        Great photos Allan, I showed my mrs and she said that our house has cracks in the render because the first post wasn't blessed. Apparently you can buy pre blessed ones but they're not as good!

Cheers Walshie. Maybe there is something in that blessing malarky after all 555.

Those sandals, what a bargain and soooo comfortable Big C specials if I remember correctly!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
                        Great Stuff Allan.
                        The Photos are great, I do like the way you have done the wall/fence with the concrete posts and fitting in the concrete slats. I you dont mind me asking? Did they come pre made to a set size and can you get longer posts to maker it taller? Also where they a good price?

I shall look forward to more photos mate

Cheers

Wayne
                        Thanks, Wayne. They definitely came precast and I think probably a standard size. Can't remember the exact cost but it certainly didn't break the bank. I seem to recall saying something like they were "cheap as chips" at the time. Aunty was the only person on the ground, supervising things when they were done so I'll ask Nuy if she can remember anymore details next time I speak with her. Would imagine you can order bespoke sizes but it would be reflected in the cost, as with anything.

More photo's will be posted just as soon as I've finished my daily chores! Monday appears to have become "Tesco Torture Day" for some reason so will catch y'all later.

Comment

Originally posted by walshie View Post

No idea how you lads wear sandals, I tried to wear them flip flops once but cant stand the part that goes in-between the toes, them open toed efforts with nothing at the back make me walk like Bambi on ice, im not cut out for wearing any type, bare-feet or trainers only, if you catch me wearing sandals its not me .
                          Allan.
                          Great pictures, look forward to seeing more and wish you a successful project.
                          bangkok mags

Comment

As the build is already complete I'll try to skip the most boring stuff from here on. If there's anything in particular that people are interested in seeing, let me know. If anyone is seriously bored and wants to see the entire 1,100 + collection (so far!) then PM me an email addy and I'll Dropbox them to you.

359.jpg

364.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

374.jpg

This is pretty much when we had to leave Thailand. Our plans to return February / March were scuppered by Covid 19. For everything that follows we had to put all our trust in God, Buddha, and of course, Aunty!!! We were both praying that we'd found a decent architect / builder.

Comment

385.jpg

387.jpg

402.jpg415.jpg

472.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X