Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richardb
    replied
    Nice place and very nice finishings.I think you did well to get a western style house at that price. Enjoy. Richard

Leave a comment:

• nickj1000
    replied
    Originally posted by Allan View Post
    Hi everyone, bit of a belated update. I was released from stir / quarantine on Tuesday 27 October but things have been kind of hectic. Was just trying to upload a bundle of pics to bring everything up to date but appear to have hit a limit to what can be "uploaded by usergroup". Apologies if I have done something wrong or messed things up for anyone else. Still getting used to the new style forum.
    Good news you survived quarantine Allan. My wife's family live near Khon Kaen and once things have settled down we will be building a house on the land she inherited there. They are one of the lucky families in Thailand who had a father who hacked out 80 rye of land over many years and grew rice and had livestock and traded all over Thailand as well as in Laos. He even built the house himself with the exception of the concrete floor. All 9 children inherited land for houses and farms although most work in the cities. Hell of a man, wish I had met him. Anyway, my point is that maybe in a year or so if you are their we can look you up and have a beer and a chat or something. Looking more optimistic now for travel with the possible coronavirus vaccine. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    replied
    Hi everyone, bit of a belated update. I was released from stir / quarantine on Tuesday 27 October but things have been kind of hectic. Was just trying to upload a bundle of pics to bring everything up to date but appear to have hit a limit to what can be "uploaded by usergroup". Apologies if I have done something wrong or messed things up for anyone else. Still getting used to the new style forum.

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    replied
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    replied
    Hi Nigel, if you take the 2 highway heading towards Khon Kaen (?) then just past Non Sung, on the right there is a turning for a village called Baan Bing (?) - we're about 10 - 15 minutes further in. Just by way of reference, we have just a half Rai - I would have liked the other half but that was all that the rice farmer wanted to let go - because that gave him enough money to buy the tractor that he needed!!
    Last edited by Allan; 9 Sep 2020, 08:35.

Leave a comment:

• nigel&panada
    replied
    Looks fantastic, whereabouts in Korat are you if you don't mind me asking, we have a rai of land at Kham Thale So about 16 Km west of central Korat. Not started with any building yet as i want to see what happens with the motorway and ring road as we have them either side of the land about 500 meters away north and south of our land.

Leave a comment:

• holty
    replied
    Very impressed with your house and good luck with your future settling into your new home in Thailand.
    Very good to see the process of the build of your house via the pics.
    Were looking at retiring in Thailand and gave us some ideas.

Leave a comment:

• nickj1000
    replied
    Thanks very much indeed Allan. My wife already owns the land, it was where her parents house was. Like you we will be looking for Western style kitchen and bathrooms for sure. Your place looks brilliant I must say. We will be having a 2 bedder in quite a rural area so likely quite a bit cheaper. Now I know what it has cost you I have something of a benchmark when talking to builders. Enjoy your new place !
    Last edited by Tobias; 8 Sep 2020, 11:19. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    replied
    Not being rude at all, Nick and no problem. The budget for this was 2M B. We'd already bought the land several years ago and the preparation work was all done prior to instructing the architect / builder for this. We'd seen other houses nearby that he had done and was quite impressed. I think it all depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I'm too long in the tooth to "go native" so had to have "Western style" kitchen and bathrooms.

It's 3 beds - two upstairs with en suite bathrooms and the third bedroom downstairs with a separate bathroom / toilet.

If you have anything else on your mind, don't hesitate to ask. - Allan
    Last edited by Tobias; 8 Sep 2020, 11:20. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of previous post

Leave a comment:

• nickj1000
    replied
    I hope I am not rude in asking but would you be able to let me know the cost to build this and how many bedrooms you have. We are going to be building a place about 50 miles west of Kalasin next year. We have seen adverts by builders saying 700,000 bahts for a good sized 2 bedder from scratch. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• DAS
    replied
    Looks wonderful, good luck in your new home.

Leave a comment:

• Nealy
    replied
    Just catching up.. l don't know how l missed your post. Excellent photographs and a home to be proud of.

Leave a comment:

• walshie
    replied
    It really is a beautiful house. One can only dream... it would be easily £1m+ where I live in the UK!

Leave a comment:

• Lonerider
    replied
    That looks really great Allan, good job. You should be well happy there.

I hope they are not asbestos mate, I thought it was banned from building? I could be wrong, but it looks like they did a good job, yeah any details will be good thx

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• ray8472
    replied
    Looks fantastic !

Our house is single story but with high ceilings. 3 bedroom with ensuite in the main. Very much a Thai house, my wife spotted a house in the area which she liked the design of, asked who the builder was and basically built the same but with the addition of the ensuite.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X