Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Ohm's brother has painted the outside, just inside left for me to do when I am home

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    sisaket I have not thought about setting up a home gym in the room, I had it built to house my tools, bike and bike gear. But its food for thought if I have the room once all is inside

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne & Ohm View Post
    sisaket Yes, I like it around Khao Yai, looking forward to getting home again. It's a shame things are starting to fall apart and businesses are not open
    Hopefully going to Pak Chong via Khao Yai NP the southern route tomorrow, Nakhon Nayok / Prachin Buri. My first time in Khao Yai NP was 2003. Fingers crossed things will pick up.
    PS : Are you setting up a home gym in ''your room'' ?
    Last edited by sisaket; 28 Sep 2021, 15:03.

Leave a comment:

• Barnet
    replied
    [QUOTE=Melteddrummer;n447658]Wayne & Ohm Wow, your development looks fantastic! Can't wait till we're at your stage. We've bought a couple of rai in Yasothon but it's not for building on. I just love the place!

That's exactly how I see myself retiring, albeit a way off yet. The rice fields, greenery, and general way of life are wonderful up there.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last bit of building work finished

My Room

I just to paint it myself when I get home, although I may ask Ohm to get her brother to paint the outside but leave the inside for me. Can anyone recommend some good floor paint?

The extended outside toilet

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    sisaket Yes, I like it around Khao Yai, looking forward to getting home again. It's a shame things are starting to fall apart and businesses are not open

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    With the recent watering down of inter-provincial travel , we decided Mrs would drive from Surin and I would meet up in Pak Chong (Nakhon Ratchasima) and have a few days around Khao Yai National Park before heading back to BKK.
    Mrs had a trouble free drive, I used BTS / MRT and a 40 baht motorcycle taxi to reach the New Mini Van Station (Chatuchak) which is opposite Mo Chit Bus Terminal, had to sign in, write the time have hand gel applied upon entry, went inside to collect ticket and pay 160 baht to Pak Chong, the van went on time and arrived on time, I got dropped at Shell petrol station where Mrs was parked up, unsurprising seat fully back and in the land of nod ​ I would have expected that scenario or eating, but she had eaten first. Back in the land of Isaan. We lodged in Pak Chong, have to say lots of places looked shutdown and or abandoned near the park entrance (north) and surrounds , Vento Piazza for example, the apartments were open, the shops / businesses were all closed down, some of the roofs were in disrepair, quite sad.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Originally posted by Melteddrummer View Post

Out of those options, I think i would go for the T7 for the extra bit grunt and the more off road capabilities. Its a really good all-rounder and given the state of some of the roads in Thailand, I think it would be perfect.

I just sold a BMW GS1200 Adventure, which would also be a great bike over there.
    Yes, I like the T7 but its quite expensive compared with the other two, I am would also like the CRF 300 to play about on.

I had the 1200 GSA, bought it when I retired from the Army in 2006, got it from Barrie Robsons in York, travelled all over Europe on it

Leave a comment:

• Melteddrummer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne & Ohm View Post

The only issue now is which Motorbike to put in it....... Yamaha T7, Kawasaki KLR650, Honda CB500X and a CRF 300L choices choices.. Then I can get out and see more of the country on 2 wheels once I retire
    Out of those options, I think i would go for the T7 for the extra bit grunt and the more off road capabilities. Its a really good all-rounder and given the state of some of the roads in Thailand, I think it would be perfect.

I just sold a BMW GS1200 Adventure, which would also be a great bike over there.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Some more updates from Ohm on the final builds

The tiling is coming along in the outside toilet/shower room

My room and the dog pens are looking good

The only issue now is which Motorbike to put in it....... Yamaha T7, Kawasaki KLR650, Honda CB500X and a CRF 300L choices choices.. Then I can get out and see more of the country on 2 wheels once I retire

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    All the rendering is now done on my roomand the toilet extension.
    The roof overhang is in the process of being done along with the dog pens. The toilet is getting tiled and Ohm has ordered the ceiling for both which came this morning.

My Room

Toilet

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Originally posted by Melteddrummer View Post
    Wayne & Ohm unfortunately the water isn’t ours although, not too far from our small patch of land. The I still haven’t seen it yet as we haven’t been back to Thailand since my wife arrived in 2019. I’ll be sure to grab some pics next time we’re there.
    Yes mate it would be good to see

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Things are coming along albeit a slow pace due the amount of rain at home.

My room

Toilet area

Small shower wall in toilet area

Leave a comment:

• Melteddrummer
    replied
    Wayne & Ohm unfortunately the water isn’t ours although, not too far from our small patch of land. The I still haven’t seen it yet as we haven’t been back to Thailand since my wife arrived in 2019. I’ll be sure to grab some pics next time we’re there.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Melteddrummer Thank you mate, glad you like it

The land looks really nice, thanks for sharing , is the water your too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X