• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Wayne & Ohm
    Formerly known as Lonerider - Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    -Keith- Yeah is was a nice bike and felt quite comfortable, I got Ohm to sit on them both with me and she prefered the seat on the Kawasaki. The only things that put me off is that is only a thumper engine with a 5 speed box and there are no proper pannier rails that loop down, which I will need so I can put my soft luggage on. The hard luggage system on the KLR just clips on the top if you buy the rails and hangs loose. I do want to look at the CB500X and get Ohm to sit on that before I decide.

Leave a comment:

• -Keith-
    replied
    That Kawasaki is a looker, unlike the Yamaha

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Well, I am back at work now

I managed to get my room sorted out and clear the house kitchen of all my gear
    We also got a nice outside seating area from a place between Khon San and Chum Phae
    I also managed to go look at 2 of the 3 bikes I am interested in

Just waiting to put my bikes in it when I retire 5555

For the outside seating area we dug some foundations, put down some weed matting and covered it in some stone

When they delivered the seating area they brought it on the back of a pickup, it took 6 of us to man handle and slide it into position

On the Bike front I managed to look and sit on the Kawazaki KLR650 and the Yamaha T7. We went to Honda but they did not have the CB500X in the showroom as they were waiting on the new model to come in.

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Originally posted by sisaket View Post

It's meant to take place in December this year 15th to 26th.
    Drove by the Elephant Show Stadium this afternoon, looked like preparations are underway.

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Originally posted by Fruit Machine View Post
    Did they have the Surin elephant festival this year?
    It's meant to take place in December this year 15th to 26th.

Leave a comment:

• Fruit Machine
    replied
    Did they have the Surin elephant festival this year?

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied

Went to Elephant World Surin at Ban Ta Klang AKA Elephant Village yesterday, not been since they opened the ''new'' place (next door to the old place).
    Was still under construction last time I went, used to go to see the new baby elephants, never bothered watching a show, they have a new observation tower. We arrived at 11am they had a show at 10am with an afternoon show at 2pm. Apparently the cost of entry is 100 baht foreign adults and 60 baht Thai adults. BTK d.jpg
    BTK a.jpg

<p>Kui, the ethnic people of Surin Province in north-eastern Thailand have been elephant keepers for…</p>

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    sisaket They grow a lot, that's good
    We tend to grow only in the rainy season at the moment but I am hoping to be growing something all year when I retire

We do the usual..Banana, Papaya, Lemon grass, Morning Glory and a couple of others, also have dragon fruit plants but there is not a lot of fruit bearing

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    Went to view the Mrs / family fruit and vegetable gardens project in Surin today, and ate some of the produce later: The rice has been bagged and the rice grass has been used around the gardens to keep the organic fertilizer moist after watering, they will put in some pumpkins on part of the rice fields, should be in / out before the next rice cycle.They are growing sugarcane and have a machine for juice, also at various stages are bananas, papaya, lychee, passion fruit, rose apples, jack-fruit, durian, santol fruit, dragon fruit, green and red long-bean, coriander, carrots, chili, korean cucumber, potatoes, basil, morning glory, lemongrass, garlic, thai olive, various plants grown to make organic fertilizer. They have a small amount of solar panels to run the main water pump.
    There are plenty of crabs (poo naa) in the rice fields, although someone has been digging some out when Mrs had a inspection this morning (used by locals in som tam).
    The main water storage has been excavated in the shape of an elephant, which is best observed from above, a couple of my sister-in-laws has drone footage.

Leave a comment:

• caller
    replied
    Mostof those gates are rebuilt. I think there is only one original, by Yamo.

Leave a comment:

• sisaket
    replied
    20211125_140307.jpg
    Nong Sarai, Pak Chong District .
    257806126_302240178428252_131745656317252577_n.jpg
    Chomphon Gate, Nakhon Ratchasima City.
    24 / 25 NOV 21: Korat.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    -Keith- thanks a lot, I will have a look

Leave a comment:

• -Keith-
    replied
    A shop call 'One Stock Home' sell the stuff

https://www.onestockhome.com/th/cate...gle-with-holes

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Rice Harvesting pt2

The guys doing the harvesting machine were back by about 0700 and got cracking on with the task in hand. Fixing the machine did not take long then they were back at it. The plan is now finished and Ohm has another one a couple of K's away from us which we will get done in a few days
    In the mean time I have the inside of my room to paint

On a different note does anyone know where I can get some Dexion Racking from? I can only find the crap stuff that you get from the likes of Makro and Global eco. I would like some stronger heavy duty stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne & Ohm

• Wayne & Ohm
    replied
    Rice Harvesting pt1

It's great to be home. Yet again I made it just in time for the rice harvest, so we have been quite busy 5555.
    They got to our place at about 2100 so it had the makings of being a long night. However at about 0015 the machine had a fit and decided to break down and they could not fix it until daylight, so by about 0130 we were in bed.
    Doing it at night gave me chance to use the night mode on my iPhone 12 Pro, I have never had chance to use it before and I thought the photos were great. You do have to hold the phone steady for varying times ranging from 3 to 10 seconds, depending on how much light you want in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X