Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flip View Post
    I soon learned that the long way around - Highways 7,9,1 and 2 were actually a faster way. But on public holidays - I think I'd give them a go again after once taking 9.5 hours to get from Suvarnabhumi to Khao Yai on NYE using the highways.
    I really must start readinng my posts before I press the Post button.

Of course I mean I'd give the Prachinburi route a go again on public holidays after that horrific NYE trip.

Comment

great to see everyone's pics, i searched flickr for issan the other night because i was missing it so much, i recognised that bright hat!

file000117 by Brazy, on Flickr

file000135 by Brazy, on Flickr

file000079 by Brazy, on Flickr

sunset on an anciant bridge... by Brazy, on Flickr

Monkeys in Thailand by Brazy, on Flickr

Kho Sam Roi Yot บึงบัว เขาสามร้อยยอด ประจวบคีรีขันธ์ by Brazy, on Flickr not issan but worth a visit!

yawning monkey in Thailand by Brazy, on Flickr

Comment

IMG_8973.jpg
        Tha Tum Market.
        IMG_8974.jpg
        Someone wanting in.
        IMG_8984.jpg
        IMG_8983.jpg
        Baby Elephants, Ban Ta Klang Elephant Village.
        IMG_8972.jpg
        Chinese Temple, Tha Tum.
        IMG_8955.jpg
        Local Football Tournament, Chompra
        All photos in Surin Province: AUG 2018.
        bangkok mags

Comment

Latest trek to Issan,decided to go on Motorway No 9 until 305 (Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok) exit, and off a visit to Sarika Waterfalls in Khao Yai NP / Ganesha Park both Nakhon Nayok..Entry was 40 Baht each (Khao Yai) I produced my Thai ID, but when asked said would not accept Driving ID and would have had to pay 200 Baht.
          Went on 33 to a brief stop at Nong Cha Om Fruit Market (just outside Prachin Buri City) then on to Kabin Buri joining the 304 stopping off at Wang Nam Khiao (Korat) Phra Maha Chedi Sri Saeng Thamvisit (The abbot from this Temple performed our marriage ceremony) then joining the 24 at Pak Thong Chai.
          IMG_9052.jpg
          Phra Maha Chedi Sri Saeng Thamvisit (Temple Complex) @ Wang Nam Khiao, Nakhon Ratchasima Province.
          bangkok mags

Comment

I don't know how you got away with that Sisaket. I used to show my driving licence and get charged 40 baht. A little later I had to show them the tickets from previous entries to get that rate. Then about 2 years ago it changed - foreigners 400 baht no exceptions but that was at the main gate. I think I posted on here that I (at the request of the park's assistant manager) made a complaint to the park authority in Bangkok. It took them 4 months to reply and the simply gave a load of BS about Thai people paying taxes.

All the guys I know in and around Khao Yai/Pak Chong get charged 400 so think yourself lucky . I would love to spend some more time there but I won't on principle.

Comment

Free fish for your pond

We took Ohm's dad to the Amphoe at Khon San to get some free fish to add to our ponds.
              I believe it was being given out by the government to certain people.

IMG_4352 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_4351 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_4356 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_4357 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_4360 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_4361 by Wayne 66, on Flickr
              All done, now retired

Comment

Don't you just love Thailand? No mucking about with tanks and stuff.......just a bag of fish

Comment

There were quite a few in each bag too and he got 3 bags
                  All done, now retired

Comment

Buying votes - lol!
                    'Tis me

Comment

Brazy, I love pictures 1 and 3. Magic.

I read that the rubber farmers have taken to breeding certain fish to sell overseas fairly lucratively. I thought that was up north however.

Has anybody ever tried keeping those praying mantis' as pets? I could watch them all day.

Comment

"Has anybody ever tried keeping those praying mantis' as pets? I could watch them all day."

A lad from back home in the UK he's got a Spiny Flower Praying Mantis, just posted a picture on FB the other day but they are smaller and more colourful from the green one that was on the door frame in my picture.
                        bangkok mags

Comment

This was my pet but he got eaten by my pet Tarantula a long time ago
                          preying mantis.jpg

preying mantis 1.jpg
                          It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like.

Comment

This was my pet snake he got eaten by army ants

snake eaten by ants 1.jpg

snake eaten by ants.jpg

and my pet lizard

lizard 2.jpg

lizard 3.jpg
                            It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like.

Comment

Tarantula's can eject fine hairs which can stick in your eyes if you let them get near your face (expect you know).

Comment

Originally posted by marshall View Post
                                Tarantula's can eject fine hairs which can stick in your eyes if you let them get near your face (expect you know).
                                Possibly not the wisest thing to let them near your mush .....lol
                                bangkok mags

Comment

Working...
                                X