Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sisaket They grow a lot, that's good
    We tend to grow only in the rainy season at the moment but I am hoping to be growing something all year when I retire

We do the usual..Banana, Papaya, Lemon grass, Morning Glory and a couple of others, also have dragon fruit plants but there is not a lot of fruit bearing
    Waiting to retire
    210 days to retirement

Comment

• Went to Elephant World Surin at Ban Ta Klang AKA Elephant Village yesterday, not been since they opened the ''new'' place (next door to the old place).
      Was still under construction last time I went, used to go to see the new baby elephants, never bothered watching a show, they have a new observation tower. We arrived at 11am they had a show at 10am with an afternoon show at 2pm. Apparently the cost of entry is 100 baht foreign adults and 60 baht Thai adults. BTK d.jpg
      BTK a.jpg

<p>Kui, the ethnic people of Surin Province in north-eastern Thailand have been elephant keepers for…</p>
      bangkok mags

Comment

• Did they have the Surin elephant festival this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruit Machine View Post
          Did they have the Surin elephant festival this year?
          It's meant to take place in December this year 15th to 26th.
          bangkok mags

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaket View Post

It's meant to take place in December this year 15th to 26th.
            Drove by the Elephant Show Stadium this afternoon, looked like preparations are underway.

bangkok mags

Comment

• Well, I am back at work now

I managed to get my room sorted out and clear the house kitchen of all my gear
              We also got a nice outside seating area from a place between Khon San and Chum Phae
              I also managed to go look at 2 of the 3 bikes I am interested in

Just waiting to put my bikes in it when I retire 5555

For the outside seating area we dug some foundations, put down some weed matting and covered it in some stone

When they delivered the seating area they brought it on the back of a pickup, it took 6 of us to man handle and slide it into position

On the Bike front I managed to look and sit on the Kawazaki KLR650 and the Yamaha T7. We went to Honda but they did not have the CB500X in the showroom as they were waiting on the new model to come in.

Waiting to retire
              210 days to retirement

Comment

• That Kawasaki is a looker, unlike the Yamaha
                If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

• -Keith- Yeah is was a nice bike and felt quite comfortable, I got Ohm to sit on them both with me and she prefered the seat on the Kawasaki. The only things that put me off is that is only a thumper engine with a 5 speed box and there are no proper pannier rails that loop down, which I will need so I can put my soft luggage on. The hard luggage system on the KLR just clips on the top if you buy the rails and hangs loose. I do want to look at the CB500X and get Ohm to sit on that before I decide.
                  Waiting to retire
                  210 days to retirement

Comment

Working...
                  X