Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sisaket They grow a lot, that's good
    We tend to grow only in the rainy season at the moment but I am hoping to be growing something all year when I retire

We do the usual..Banana, Papaya, Lemon grass, Morning Glory and a couple of others, also have dragon fruit plants but there is not a lot of fruit bearing
    Finalised - 82 days left

Comment

• Went to Elephant World Surin at Ban Ta Klang AKA Elephant Village yesterday, not been since they opened the ''new'' place (next door to the old place).
      Was still under construction last time I went, used to go to see the new baby elephants, never bothered watching a show, they have a new observation tower. We arrived at 11am they had a show at 10am with an afternoon show at 2pm. Apparently the cost of entry is 100 baht foreign adults and 60 baht Thai adults. BTK d.jpg
      BTK a.jpg

<p>Kui, the ethnic people of Surin Province in north-eastern Thailand have been elephant keepers for…</p>
      bangkok mags

Comment

• Did they have the Surin elephant festival this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruit Machine View Post
          Did they have the Surin elephant festival this year?
          It's meant to take place in December this year 15th to 26th.
          bangkok mags

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaket View Post

It's meant to take place in December this year 15th to 26th.
            Drove by the Elephant Show Stadium this afternoon, looked like preparations are underway.

bangkok mags

Comment

• Well, I am back at work now

I managed to get my room sorted out and clear the house kitchen of all my gear
              We also got a nice outside seating area from a place between Khon San and Chum Phae
              I also managed to go look at 2 of the 3 bikes I am interested in

Just waiting to put my bikes in it when I retire 5555

For the outside seating area we dug some foundations, put down some weed matting and covered it in some stone

When they delivered the seating area they brought it on the back of a pickup, it took 6 of us to man handle and slide it into position

On the Bike front I managed to look and sit on the Kawazaki KLR650 and the Yamaha T7. We went to Honda but they did not have the CB500X in the showroom as they were waiting on the new model to come in.

Finalised - 82 days left

Comment

• That Kawasaki is a looker, unlike the Yamaha
                If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

• -Keith- Yeah is was a nice bike and felt quite comfortable, I got Ohm to sit on them both with me and she prefered the seat on the Kawasaki. The only things that put me off is that is only a thumper engine with a 5 speed box and there are no proper pannier rails that loop down, which I will need so I can put my soft luggage on. The hard luggage system on the KLR just clips on the top if you buy the rails and hangs loose. I do want to look at the CB500X and get Ohm to sit on that before I decide.
                  Finalised - 82 days left

Comment

• Ohm has been busy at home whilst I am in my last few months before retiring.
                    We have done a Coffee Shop as there is nothing in our village that is doing fresh coffee, she has been open since the 3rd April and at the moment she is doing a good trade. Albeit we cannot sell at Starbucks prices, the price of the stock is comparative.
                    We have built it at the end of Ohm's land near the main drag.
                    Along as it makes enough for the upkeep then I will be happy.

Finalised - 82 days left

Comment

• The guys doing the build did a good job. Ohm was pleased with it
                      Her dad and uncle made some outside sitting areas.
                      During Songkhran the trade has been great and has kept them busy all day.
                      Ohm's son does the marketing 5555.

If your passing, pop in
                      Finalised - 82 days left

Comment

• Just catching up on this Wayne - I'm jealous that you've managed to get your garden looking so well and dealt with the outside areas. I'd love to get to grips with mine but until I'm there full time, I just can't do that. So for now all I can do is keep things down and leave Ray's old putting green down.

Bikes - Kawasaki mate, not that I'm biased at all. The fact that I'm a Kawasaki stick of rock (break me in two, and Kawasaki is written inside) has absolutey nothing to do with it. Riding 2 up? Out of the question for me - I soon deal with any female desires to sit on my bike, open it up on Mitraphap - they never ask again .

Seriously, 40hp is not really enough if you're going to ride 2 up - especially with luggage. It took me a while to get used to my 72hp ER6 after coming down from a ZX9 @ 140hp but I've got used to it now. Getting used to 40hp? I just don't think I could.

Comment

• Flip You will get there eventually Phil. I was fortunate that Ohm was managing it all when I was at work.

I like the Kawasaki but the 5 speed box and the lack of proper pannier rail availability for my soft luggage puts me off. I still need to view the CB500x when I am home next, which I am edging towards the Honda
                          The CRF300L will be for me to play on

You will have to pop over for a brew when I am home and retired.
                          Finalised - 82 days left

Comment

Working...
                          X