No announcement yet.

Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elad I cannot remember what the name of the colour is, although Monster Green does not ring a bell. Its is a standard colour from a colour chart from a shop we use on the northen outskirts of Chum Phae. I will ask Ohm if she has a colour chart at home.
    Going home soon on leave
    268 days to retirement

Comment

• The doors and windows were put in about 5 days ago. Again we used a group of window makers/fitters from the village. He came to measure up once the walls had been smoothed and went away to sort it out. Anyway when he came to fit them he had done the windows too big so he said to Ohm, I will fit the doors and then go sort the windows out and come back tomorrow, Ohm said no you wont, go get your stuff bring it here because I want them finishing today 5555. They did and it was all finished. Good lass lol

That's it finished, Ohm is quite happy with the work.

While this has been going on we have had 2 smaller projects on the go, more to follow.........
      Going home soon on leave
      268 days to retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
        nickj1000 No worries mate, owt else then let me know
        Interesting. My wife sent my 80 square metre plan to the designer based upon where she wanted her kitchen and sitting room placed which created some dimension issues for me. However I was pressured into the 80 square metres as it is a good Thai number apparently. The designer however has come back and said that 5 more square metres (85) would be optimum for the house and my wife has agreed with him already. wish I had that kind of influence !

Comment

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post

Interesting. My wife sent my 80 square metre plan to the designer based upon where she wanted her kitchen and sitting room placed which created some dimension issues for me. However I was pressured into the 80 square metres as it is a good Thai number apparently. The designer however has come back and said that 5 more square metres (85) would be optimum for the house and my wife has agreed with him already. wish I had that kind of influence !
          555555 yes mate, I bet you do, to be fair to Ohm she ain't too bad when it comes to listening.
          Going home soon on leave
          268 days to retirement

Comment

• Whilst the outside bedrooms were being built, Ohm's brother and her uncle have been painting the perimeter wall.
            First off they patched up some cracks and gave it all a coat of primer

Going home soon on leave
            268 days to retirement

Comment

• I think the Forth Bridge would be easier. Your perimeter wall is huge.
              If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

• -Keith- 555555, with you saying that I did quick measure using Google Earth and its around 292 meters or wall, give or take
                Going home soon on leave
                268 days to retirement

Comment

• Then time for the top coat

Going home soon on leave
                  268 days to retirement

Comment

• What are your plans for machine gun posts / watchtowers ?
                    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
                      What are your plans for machine gun posts / watchtowers ?
                      Ummmm, that's a good point, I will have a word with Ohm
                      With our 2 dogs, which are quite antisocial to strangers I think we could dispense with them 555

I do quite like having the space inside the perimeter, I don't feel hemmed in and it also means I can have my own space at the house away from others if I so wish. The other plus side is we can grow a lot of veg inside the wall without people just stopping off to help themselves (which I noticed a lot of before we built).
                      We have plans to expand the perimeter in the other direction in the future to take in another field. But we are just planning on making the wall look the same on both sides with the Stainless Steel then using fence
                      Going home soon on leave
                      268 days to retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonerider View Post

I do quite like having the space inside the perimeter, I don't feel hemmed in and it also means I can have my own space at the house away from others if I so wish.
                        I heard that the Thai Gov't are considering making your 'inside space' a National Park

Comment

• Originally posted by -Keith- View Post

I heard that the Thai Gov't are considering making your 'inside space' a National Park
                          Going home soon on leave
                          268 days to retirement

Comment

• Ohm has been busy the last few days. Her brother went to do his time as a Monk at a local temple in the village. I believe he will be staying about 2 weeks.
                            So she had a big party and very loud distorted music, I am glad I was a work 555555 The party was a bit marred by quite a heavy rain fall.
                            There was a full day and night of preparing food etc and then a full day of the party and going to the temple.
                            Now she is cleaning up and getting it all squared away ready for the builders to come in at the end of the month for the last stretch of work

Going home soon on leave
                            268 days to retirement

Comment

• Just before Songkhran and Ohm's brother going to be a Monk for a bit he managed to make a start on the inside of the wall. That's now on hold till he gets back.

We also had another group in to build an area to keep the rice and put our own rice machine (when we buy it)
                              We utilised all the wood and roofing which we kept from the old house in the village and some of the green roofing we had left.

That's all the building done until they come back at the end of the month to start my motorbike room at the other end of the car port

Going home soon on leave
                              268 days to retirement

Comment

• Ohm's brother has finished his time as a Monk and is now back with the family. They went to collect him the other day.

Going home soon on leave
                                268 days to retirement

Comment

Working...
                                X