No announcement yet.

Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once that was done we had to level the ground off so it was the same all the way from the car park through the new kitchen and on to the bedrooms. This was done buy a double skin small block wall with reinforced concrete between them. Then some soil was added, compacted and watered then left for a few days to bind. Finally a covering of 7 to 8cm of reinforced concrete was added.

Going home soon on leave
    268 days to retirement

Comment

• Its been a while since i was on the forum. I've thoroughly enjoyed looking through this post and the story of the build and the Isaan region photos..
      Its definitely made me want to get back to visit my wifes family who live just North West of Udon Thani.
      Amazing stuff and thanks for sharing.
      Kingy

Comment

• Kingy Thank you, glad you enjoyed reading the thread
        Going home soon on leave
        268 days to retirement

Comment

• When the concrete had dried the build the roof extension (overhang) and then started to build the rooms, the larger room will be having 3 windows and some glass blocks and the smaller room is having 1 window and some glass blocks

Going home soon on leave
          268 days to retirement

Comment

• All the walls have now been smoothed over, inside and out

Going home soon on leave
            268 days to retirement

Comment

• Your place is looking amazing Lonerider and much grander than our plans ! I have been reading up on water supplies to domestic properties and my impression is that most Thai houses do not have hot water in the kitchens but the showers tend to be electric. I was wondering about having a separate water heater in the kitchen, any thoughts ?? Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post
                Your place is looking amazing Lonerider and much grander than our plans ! I have been reading up on water supplies to domestic properties and my impression is that most Thai houses do not have hot water in the kitchens but the showers tend to be electric. I was wondering about having a separate water heater in the kitchen, any thoughts ?? Cheers
                Buy an electric hot water tank instead. Then you can have hot water everywhere. Make sure you get the right taps! You will have a water pump in any case, so that will power the shower.
                'Tis me

Comment

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post
                  Your place is looking amazing Lonerider and much grander than our plans ! I have been reading up on water supplies to domestic properties and my impression is that most Thai houses do not have hot water in the kitchens but the showers tend to be electric. I was wondering about having a separate water heater in the kitchen, any thoughts ?? Cheers
                  Thanks Nick, glad you like it

As caller says, you can get an electric water tank, I didn't really think about it when we built. I have electric shower in the bathroom and I have an electric water heater under the kitchen sink for when I am washing dishes etc. The water heater in the kitchen can be turned to zero and the water still comes through at ambient temp.
                  The other thing I found when looking for sinks is that the majority of them tend to be a single hole for only one tap and the dual inlet taps (for both hot and cold) were also hard to find. Maybe I didn't look hard enough 5555

Ref the water supply, I would advise you to get a big water tank with a good filter, especially if you live in the sticks so at least you have a good water capacitly should the water be cut off for a bit. Or get a bore hole. We have mains water to the house and outside kitchen and the rest of the property is from the bore hole. Which we mainly use for watering plants, trees and filling the ponds in the dry season etc

If there is anything else let me know and I will try and help.

Wayne
                  Last edited by Wayne & Ohm; 9 Apr 2021, 11:45.
                  Going home soon on leave
                  268 days to retirement

Comment

• The electrics and the false ceiling was was put in next.

Going home soon on leave
                    268 days to retirement

Comment

• Once all that was done it was time for the painting and decorating, we had a primer put on then the main colour

Next up we had it all tiled, we tried to get the same tiles as the outside kitchen but Global had an issue with the machine to sell us the tiles and told Ohm it would be about a week. Ohm wanted to get it all done before Songkhran so she got some different tiles from another place

Going home soon on leave
                      268 days to retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by caller View Post

Buy an electric hot water tank instead. Then you can have hot water everywhere. Make sure you get the right taps! You will have a water pump in any case, so that will power the shower.
                        Thanks for this caller will look at this option :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonerider View Post

Thanks Nick, glad you like it

As caller says, you can get an electric water tank, I didn't really think about it when we built. I have electric shower in the bathroom and I have an electric water heater under the kitchen sink for when I am washing dishes etc. The water heater in the kitchen can be turned to zero and the water still comes through at ambient temp.
                          The other thing I found when looking for sinks is that the majority of them tend to be a single hole for only one tap and the dual inlet taps (for both hot and cold) were also hard to find. Maybe I didn't look hard enough 5555

Ref the water supply, I would advise you to get a big water tank with a good filter, especially if you live in the sticks so at least you have a good water capacitly should the water be cut off for a bit. Or get a bore hole. We have mains water to the house and outside kitchen and the rest of the property is from the bore hole. Which we mainly use for watering plants, trees and filling the ponds in the dry season etc

If there is anything else let me know and I will try and help.

Wayne
                          Thanks for these tips Wayne, I would not have thought about any of this ! Cheers

Comment

• We then had some more concrete put down to give us a clean area to walk around the building. I am beginning to think we have shares in this Concrete Company 5555

Going home soon on leave
                            268 days to retirement

Comment

• nickj1000 No worries mate, owt else then let me know
                              Going home soon on leave
                              268 days to retirement

Comment

• I like the Green, looks like Monster Green. Is there a name for it or is it your own mix?

Comment

Working...
                                X