Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
    You will have to put some photos up so we can see the achievement.
    Hi Wayne, was actually thinking about doing that as the build progressed but when we came back to the UK just after the foundation laying ceremony and then couldn't get back to Thailand the impetus kind of fell flat. I now have in excess of 1100 photo's, many taken and sent by Aunty so I may go through them and post a selection.

I could add them here or perhaps, a new thread might be a better idea (Thoughts, anyone)? On the subject of posting photo's, do I need to resize them or anything? I'm reasonably tech savvy but some things just go over my head. I might just try a few photo's for now in a new thread and see what happens.

Comment

• well I think I've sussed how posting photo's etc works so have started another thread; Allan's New Build. Korat.

Comment

• Ohm has put some solar lights on top of the columns near the gate and a solar spot light in the little allotment area. So when the power goes off at least we will still have some light

Trying to get home to see my wife

Comment

• Ohm took some of the family to the Chao Por Lak Muang Khon Kaen Shrine the other day, she said it was small but she enjoyed it. Meanwhile I am on 203 days at work without a day off 5555555. Maybe I need to rename the thread to Ohms Photos from Isaan.

Comment

• Nice photo's Ohm - don't despair mate, you will enjoy your next trip home so much. Also, I haven't forgotten about your queries relating to the fencing and roofing tiles. The architect hasn't called round yet so we haven't had a chance to talk to him about things. The only builder / architect I've ever known who hasn't been chasing the retention monies at the end of a job. Stay safe, dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
              Meanwhile I am on 203 days at work without a day off 5555555
              That's getting close to my 7.5 months back in 2004 on Telic 4!! Hang in there!!

Are you down South around Safwan, Um Quasar and the border of Kuwait or up Baghdad way? You did say once but I can't remember .

As the great saying goes 'Stay Low, move fast'
              "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Originally posted by Allan View Post
                Nice photo's Ohm - don't despair mate, you will enjoy your next trip home so much. Also, I haven't forgotten about your queries relating to the fencing and roofing tiles. The architect hasn't called round yet so we haven't had a chance to talk to him about things. The only builder / architect I've ever known who hasn't been chasing the retention monies at the end of a job. Stay safe, dude!
                5555555, yes mate, looking forward to it, had to commit myself to missing my Oct leave rotation otherwise I could be stuck in limbo, hopefully I can stop, so I am looking forward to January at the moment!!
                No problems Allan, yes mate, whenever you get the chance
                ...and you mate, have a Laos Dark for me lol

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Baz M View Post
                That's getting close to my 7.5 months back in 2004 on Telic 4!! Hang in there!!

Are you down South around Safwan, Um Quasar and the border of Kuwait or up Baghdad way? You did say once but I can't remember .

As the great saying goes 'Stay Low, move fast'
                Yes mate, i know the feeling well, I was here for the War, I was attached to the Dukes. Once it was done we stayed on for the Peace Support Ops in Al Zubayr so it was about 7 months for me also, I think I will be smashing my record
                Looks like I will be here till Jan next year as I have committed to skipping my Oct rotation, as I don't think home will be open, so hopefully the boss can fit me in on the orbat.

Yes, I am in the south now, Basra Oilfields, I was up in Taji in 2011

Will do mate and you too
                Last edited by Lonerider; 16 Sep 2020, 05:04.

Comment

• Ohm is impressed with the lights on the gate columns so she ordered some more. Her brother fitted then the other week when he came up from BKK

There's nowt like making yourself at home

Last edited by Lonerider; 9 Nov 2020, 03:25.

Comment

• It's that time of year again, we had a better crop this year on both plans, the Jasmin Rice they are cutting manually, its only a small area. The Sticky Rice on the reminder of the plan near the house and the bigger plan further away will be cut and bagged by machine

Comment

• Hey Wayne. A question born out of curiosity really. The last picture with the rice all laid out. How much space/land/fields is required to produce that much rice? Is that the whole harvest?
                      "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Baz M

Hi Baz, we have some by the gate too, Ohm said its all for about 5 Rai, we still have a lot more to bring in

Comment

• That dog would be perfectly camouflaged in the rice field.
                          It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

• Originally posted by richardb View Post
                            That dog would be perfectly camouflaged in the rice field.
                            Yes, he sure would

Comment

Working...
                            X