No announcement yet.

Photos from Isaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gate is all finished, all painted and wood fastened on, Ohm says its great
    Again the photos are from Ohm

IMG_0746 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0748 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0747 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0753 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0762 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0763 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0768 by Wayne, on Flickr
    Beware of the Dogs sign is now on

IMG_0772 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0771 by Wayne, on Flickr
    Going home soon on leave
    268 days to retirement

Comment

• wow thats a beast of a gate. Dont let it run over your toes

Comment

• Where we park-up the car in Surin at a sister-in-laws, they have a similar gate (not as long) over time the gate stiffens, but a quick brush of the track and a spray of WD-40 on the rollers on the base and roll guide works a treat, as well on the hinges of the garage. We keep a tin in the boot.
        bangkok mags

Comment

• Originally posted by walshie View Post
          wow thats a beast of a gate. Dont let it run over your toes
          Yeah, I think its a bit too big, but when Ohm's uncle comes with his lorry and the truck comes to empty the septic tanks, they can get in easy, also we still have cement mixers to get onto the property to finish off our area. Because road to our property is narrow there is no where for them to pull out to swing in.

Originally posted by sisaket View Post
          Where we park-up the car in Surin at a sister-in-laws, they have a similar gate (not as long) over time the gate stiffens, but a quick brush of the track and a spray of WD-40 on the rollers on the base and roll guide works a treat, as well on the hinges of the garage. We keep a tin in the boot.
          Thanks, i will keep that in mind
          Going home soon on leave
          268 days to retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonerider View Post
            Yeah, I think its a bit too big, but when Ohm's uncle comes with his lorry and the truck comes to empty the septic tanks, they can get in easy, also we still have cement mixers to get onto the property to finish off our area. Because road to our property is narrow there is no where for them to pull out to swing in.
            Good call, our gate should have been wider for that exact reason. It is OK, but could have been a bit bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by ray8472 View Post
              Good call, our gate should have been wider for that exact reason. It is OK, but could have been a bit bigger.
              Yeah lol, luckily I listened to Ohm....apparently size matters
              Going home soon on leave
              268 days to retirement

Comment

• When I was home last and my mother was over we went to a kind of small temple/exhibition (I wouldn't know what to call it really). There were loads of really life like wax figures of predominate monks from a past era.
                It was about 15/20 mins drive outside of Chum Phae on the left, if you were heading towards Khon Kaen on the 12.

P1020653 by Wayne, on Flickr

P1020671 by Wayne, on Flickr

P1020663 by Wayne, on Flickr

P1020661 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0293 by Wayne, on Flickr
                Going home soon on leave
                268 days to retirement

Comment

Yeah lol, luckily I listened to Ohm....apparently size matters
                  Hi Wayne, I think Ohm must be right as I am embarrassed to post any pics of our build which looks like a dolls house in comparison!! 555

We got our build under way when we were over for Christmas and the New Year. We saw all the ground works for the foundation laying ceremony being done and the early foundation works above ground before we came back to UK mid January. The plan was for Nuy to go back mid Feb to continue supervising the build and I was planning to join her next week. Due to the obvious, Nuy cancelled her flight and now we are both stuck here with the build moving on at some pace.

We had thought about putting a stop to the build altogether until we could both get back but decided that wasn't realistically feasible. With no end in sight or guarantee when the builders would be able to pick up where they left off we've allowed the build to continue. I can hear all the screams of "madness", "you bloody idiot" as I type this but there ya go!

At least we have Aunty who lives next door, keeping an eye on things. She is liaising with the architect and keeping the workers fed and watered and sends us photo's and videos on a daily basis. To be honest, I know ❇❇❇❇❇❇ all about building and don't speak any Thai so I would only be the proverbial "spare one" even if I was there. Like most farangs, my sole purpose in life is to pay the bills!!!

Anyway, that gate (and it is massive!), I am assuming it is electric? Are they expensive, proportional to the size I mean. We are thinking a bit further ahead but at some point will be following your steps. I had already thought about the need for any deliveries and of course, the poo truck so was planning on making the gate wider than we actually need; which will be about half or a third of the size of yours! Oo er missus!!

Keep posting, Wayne. You are an inspiration!

All the best and stay safe!

Allan

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

are you certain that monk isn't real??
                  Last edited by Allan; 28 Mar 2020, 13:10.

Comment

• Hi Allan, glad to hear the build is getting underway mate, you are however a braver man than me as I would not have either Ohm or I away for along time. I think the most either of us were not there was a couple of days...I did not trust them, they could not even get somethings right when we were there lol. I don't mean to fill you with dread lol, but we preferred to be there, well, Ohm at least, I spent most of it at work. If your partners auntie is keeping an eye on them then they should be fine, and at this moment in time you have to make the best of this rather she-ite situation we all find ourselves in.
                    I understand about the spare part bit 5555. But it was the things like the wiring, the plugs, coving and skirting that needing input from me via Ohm. So in some cases I was glad to be there when I was home on leave.

Yes its massive!! 7m massive! I must stop with the innuendo! 55555 I asked Ohm the other day how much we had spent on it and it was just under 40k and that included the 15k for the guys to build it so I did not think it as a bad price. No its not electric although we did talk about it. We didn't go with as it would be a pain with the remote every time someone came to visit. Then why didn't we put a small gate in it you may ask? Again it was talked about but I would say 100% of the people who come to see us use a moped, car, cart etc. as we live about 1 to 1.5 clicks outside the village, so it would not get used and would have been a waste of extra cash. Yeah, joking aside I am pleased we did it larger that normal, especially the way some folk drive lol.

As for paying the bills 5555, Ohm won just under 500k on the lottery so she has paid for concreting and the gate. She is now on with the next mission, which she is paying for, gotta love her. A car port and a block outhouse, and again she is thinking big....enough for 4/5 cars, it'll be like parking at Tesco Lotus lol. But when her brother and relatives come plus the motorbikes it will soon fill up!

They looked very real, spookly!

Thank you.

Stay safe mate

Wayne
                    Going home soon on leave
                    268 days to retirement

Comment

• Originally posted by Allan View Post
                      Hi Wayne, I think Ohm must be right as I am embarrassed to post any pics of our build which looks like a dolls house in comparison!! 555
                      Indeed, ours is single story, medium size 3 bedroom but quite a large block of land. Quite an unusual design, but my wife saw a finished house she liked and contacted the same builder to do ours. I don't seem to be able to post pics due to a size limitation
                      Last edited by ray8472; 28 Mar 2020, 14:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by ray8472 View Post
                        Indeed, ours is single story, medium size 3 bedroom but quite a large block of land. Quite an unusual design, but my wife saw a finished house she liked and contacted the same builder to do ours. I don't seem to be able to post pics due to a size limitation
                        Photos showing fine Ray, nice place, and it looks like those little golden lions are very popular... If you dont mind me asking, is 8472 your last 4? If they are you'll know what I mean lol
                        Going home soon on leave
                        268 days to retirement

Comment

If you dont mind me asking, is 8472 your last 4? If they are you'll know what I mean lol
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_8472

Comment

• Ohm has made a start on the Car Parking area, I said its going to look like parking at Tesco Lotus 55555. Jesting aside, as usual she is doing a good job. We went for all Steel this time, so no concrete columns. The roof is going to be the same colour as the outside kitchen and joined to it.
                            Photos from Ohm

IMG_0798 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0800 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0801 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0809 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0815 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0817 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0833 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0836 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0845 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0847 by Wayne, on Flickr
                            Going home soon on leave
                            268 days to retirement

Comment

• Smashing Wayne... looks really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nealy View Post
                                Smashing Wayne... looks really well.
                                Thank you...although Ohm is saying that it's too low? I don't think so! We still have 10cm of concrete to put down but I think it will be fine.

IMG_0856 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0857 by Wayne, on Flickr

Ohm has also had the Water Tank, Filter and Pump fitted, the water pressure is now great

IMG_0665 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0669 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0670 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0673 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0675 by Wayne, on Flickr
                                Going home soon on leave
                                268 days to retirement

Comment

Working...
                                X