In Memoriam: “Phetchy”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memoriam: “Phetchy”

Dear Friends, it is with the deepest sadness that I write to inform you all that one of our dearest friends and long time T-UK member and my best pal from when I first visited Thailand, Phil Vye (aka Petchy Phil) has sadly passed away. I am presently in the UK at the moment and got the phone call from my wife early today. I am so distressed right now and typing this through my tears. So sad. God Bless you Phil xx

Originally posted by Allan View Post
    Phil Vye (aka Petchy Phil) has sadly passed away.
    Oh no, that is really sad news. I used to meet up with Phil, with my mate Steve (Wolfy on here), every time we went to Thailand, which of course has not been possible for the last year or so. We would sit near the Soi Buakhao market having a few beers while his wife went off on a shopping trip.
    Please be kind enough (if you see her again) to pass on my (and Steve's ) heartfelt condolences.
    Gutted

When will I see you again
    When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Originally posted by Allan View Post
      Dear Friends, it is with the deepest sadness that I write to inform you all that one of our dearest friends and long time T-UK member and my best pal from when I first visited Thailand, Phil Vye (aka Petchy Phil) has sadly passed away. I am presently in the UK at the moment and got the phone call from my wife early today. I am so distressed right now and typing this through my tears. So sad. God Bless you Phil xx
      Very sad news, R.I.P. Phil

Comment

Please be kind enough (if you see her again) to pass on my (and Steve's ) heartfelt condolences.
        I'm certain she has already seen our respective posts on FB but of course, I will, Gary. I will (hopefully) be back at the end of this month and travel restrictions permitting my wife and I are planning to visit Wan up at Petchabun. We were doubly blessed as not only did Phil and I get along right from the start but Wan and Nuy also hit it off straight away. I'm still walking around in a daze and trying to come to terms with Phil not being there for me like he always has been. Take care, mate.
        Last edited by Tobias; 7 Sep 2021, 13:33. Reason: Fixed BBCode to display quote correctly

Comment

I remember Phetchy very well, a great character. So sad to learn of his passing, I think he deserves a dedicated topic.
          Tobias - โทเบียส
          Every vaccination gives us HOPE.
          Don't delay in getting your
          COVID-19 vaccine when it is offered.

Comment

Sad to hear of another passing away, just went to a funeral yesterday.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this news. RIP Phil and condolences to family and friends.
              'Tis me

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                I remember Phetchy very well, a great character. So sad to learn of his passing, I think he deserves a dedicated topic.
                Thanks for doing that,Tobias. Totally agree, such a lovely gentleman (my wife always says how much a true gentleman he was) yes, deserves to be honoured in a dedicated post. I can't believe how hard this has hit me!! Struggling through, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X