Part 2 AWOL with some relevance to the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2 AWOL with some relevance to the future

I never made a conscious decision to absent myself from TUK but I am very bad at multi tasking.
    1. Dad died NHS F up.
    2. Moved family to mums
    3. Mum wants house same we all in one room
    4. Move back home after a year and a bit .
    5. Mum has Charles Bonnet.
    6. I was a bit sick ( lungs ) happens to me no worries got X-ray as you do several month later doctor calls get to surgery. When . Now.
    7. Lung cancer Unit within 48hours . Some weeks later ( and scans and bits of me in petri dishes etc ) me and Dr Leibonvitz agree I don't have cancer . I dont have much of a left lung and I will never climb Everest with or without oxygen. We agree that that is a good outcome and my next appointment in Dec will confirm I think no point in opening me up to eyeball the historical damage.
    8. Work : Set up a structure that was supposed to be non exploitative and empowering 9. People took the ❇❇❇❇ and did not turn up till lunchtime and one turned out to be dodgy . The dodgy one was quite famous and a sociopath or psychopath it turned out.
    10. Carried everyone .
    11. Professionally still made it (two years ago now ) to win in etc in the Court of Appeal Rt Hon Lord Justice Singh in a narrative Judgement , following my detailed skeleton arguments ( power in law of UT to overturn decision of LT ) finding no merit in TSols QC, arguments win and happy days though pro bono so £500 in public funds thank you against UKVI.
    12. Got my self in order accounts in order got shot off so i thought .
    13. COVID . Terrible . Did not stop people wandering in for an hour or two bogging off and submitting an invoice. for K's . That is now over.
    14. I am a terrible "boss". I was never supposed to be the boss people were supposed to be take responsibility.
    15. Organising carers for mum ongoing .
    16. Sad I failed to set up the organisation I dreamed of but now am happy I am back to me.

Summary: I cant multitask. Seriously I can give my all in three, four ,five directions and then a fuse goes in one of them . And whenever it was that I suddenly stopped appearing here was a point when the switch went off in my head that says " circle those wagons Richard ". I circled those wagons.

And I did.

15.Happy days . The Friday before last ( half Term ) I turfed up as a a helper at my boys cubs . Loved it. Bonkers they cant shout or rain voices ( COVID ) An anaemic Grand Howl . But it was my first Grand Howl for oooo the early 70's so it it was good.

Anyway Been away, Thats bullet point why, .

T UK has been very important to me in crucial points in my life.

Thanks Tony for the heads up.

Am suportive of a new incarnation of TUK and will lend a hand practically and indeed financially .

Cheers to all my old mates our there. And thanks for listening, Richard
    Last edited by richardb; 1 Nov 2020, 01:29.
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

So in summary, life's been ❇❇❇❇ but now it's better

Great to have you back mate, you really have been missed
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Echo what Keith said.

Great to see you here again and how time flies - and great pics.
      'Tis me

Comment

Hey Richard, do not know you but read your post with great interest. It is like a big field you have to get through with many potholes and diversions with responsibilities that make you keep going. I am in the middle of the field at the moment having closed my business with considerable relief but a long way to go. It is good to see you made it through and hopefully I and many others will be following in your footsteps. And yes great pics ! Cheers
        Originally posted by richardb View Post
        I never made a conscious decision to absent myself from TUK but I am very bad at multi tasking.
        1. Dad died NHS F up.
        2. Moved family to mums
        3. Mum wants house same we all in one room
        4. Move back home after a year and a bit .
        5. Mum has Charles Bonnet.
        6. I was a bit sick ( lungs ) happens to me no worries got X-ray as you do several month later doctor calls get to surgery. When . Now.
        7. Lung cancer Unit within 48hours . Some weeks later ( and scans and bits of me in petri dishes etc ) me and Dr Leibonvitz agree I don't have cancer . I dont have much of a left lung and I will never climb Everest with or without oxygen. We agree that that is a good outcome and my next appointment in Dec will confirm I think no point in opening me up to eyeball the historical damage.
        8. Work : Set up a structure that was supposed to be non exploitative and empowering 9. People took the ❇❇❇❇ and did not turn up till lunchtime and one turned out to be dodgy . The dodgy one was quite famous and a sociopath or psychopath it turned out.
        10. Carried everyone .
        11. Professionally still made it (two years ago now ) to win in etc in the Court of Appeal Rt Hon Lord Justice Singh in a narrative Judgement , following my detailed skeleton arguments ( power in law of UT to overturn decision of LT ) finding no merit in TSols QC, arguments win and happy days though pro bono so £500 in public funds thank you against UKVI.
        12. Got my self in order accounts in order got shot off so i thought .
        13. COVID . Terrible . Did not stop people wandering in for an hour or two bogging off and submitting an invoice. for K's . That is now over.
        14. I am a terrible "boss". I was never supposed to be the boss people were supposed to be take responsibility.
        15. Organising carers for mum ongoing .
        16. Sad I failed to set up the organisation I dreamed of but now am happy I am back to me.

Summary: I cant multitask. Seriously I can give my all in three, four ,five directions and then a fuse goes in one of them . And whenever it was that I suddenly stopped appearing here was a point when the switch went off in my head that says " circle those wagons Richard ". I circled those wagons.

And I did.

15.Happy days . The Friday before last ( half Term ) I turfed up as a a helper at my boys cubs . Loved it. Bonkers they cant shout or rain voices ( COVID ) An anaemic Grand Howl . But it was my first Grand Howl for oooo the early 70's so it it was good.

Anyway Been away, Thats bullet point why, .

T UK has been very important to me in crucial points in my life.

Thanks Tony for the heads up.

Am suportive of a new incarnation of TUK and will lend a hand practically and indeed financially .

Cheers to all my old mates our there. And thanks for listening, Richard

Comment

Good to see you're surviving. Great to see you posting again on here. Allan & Nuy

Comment

Great to hear from you Richard, I remember our night out once in wild Enfield with Robert W (last seen in Cambodia 2019) [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
            แอนโธนี่

Comment

Hi Richard.
              Good to see you back. I too, had taken a back seat for a long time.
              Ian
              Judging others before you have met isn't a wise option.

Comment

Working...
              X