Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation practice needed

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a native speaker in the London area for conversation practice. Maybe 10 one hour sessions over 10 weeks?. Reasonable rate applies.

I am ok with the foundation of the language I think and just want to build vocabulary.

We can meet in a coffee shop or similar.

Thanks in advance

Yes, I believe it is difficult to find a Native Speaker in That London these days.
    You're typing seems OK though.
    bangkok mags

Comment

It's funny as there are loads of Thai people in London. I guess people just dont want to do that. I have two old thai friends but I can't practice with them as we have been speaking English for 15 years! . I could also offer help with English if needed.

Comment

Welcome to Thailand-UK, WilliamInLondon, it's good to see you here. I think your post may have been misconstrued, am I correct in assuming you are seeking a native Thai speaker?
        Tobias - โทเบียส
        It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Hi,

Sawatdee krap all
          I have been learning Thai for about 2 years and would like to practice with another learner or speaker, please contact if this would interest you. Thanks.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Hi I am in London , do you still want to practice ?

Comment

Hi Salim/WilliamInLondon, I would be interested by exchanges over coffee! Been learning Thai for 2 years (self-taught).

Comment

Ermm why not Zoom with a Thai teacher in Thailand, I'm sure they'd be 1000s willing to earn a few Baht?

Comment

Hi Prikphet!

You raise an interesting point, and one that perhaps earlier posts do not clarify.

I was due to go on a face-to-face intensive classroom Thai course in London when the lockdown happened. The school (bless them!) very kindly refunded me. TBH, with a tone language like Thai (say the difference between
                ว่าง and หวัง) , I struggle to see how the subtleties of the language can be picked up over Skype .

I also feel very embarrassed at the very idea to start mumbling in a complex language I have only been studying for 2 years on my own online vs being face-to-face. Plus this is about establishing new connections with like-minded people who are in your area (i.e. London). I guess and acknowledge that I am old-school and face-to-face contacts are now totally "has-been" with the pandemic (more so with the younger generations who do everything online ;-)).

Frankly speaking and as far as I am concerned, an online teacher doesn't appeal. I would rather go for a traditional face-to-face classroom set-up, making potentially new friends over coffee, or nothing (i.e. sticking to my manuals for now until a semblance of normality returns) ;-).

Comment

Working...
                X