Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you translate me บ้าบ้า

Hello guys,
    After a big trip in Thailand, I would like to tattoo "บ้าบอ" (crazy) on my arm, because it has a lot of meanings for me. One of those is that my trainer was always calling me "บ้าบ้าบอบอ". But one of my thaï friend told me that I would look more idiot with that, that "บ้าบอ" would be better. Then I asked in a thaï restaurant if "บ้าบอ" was with good connotation and the guy answered me that absolutely not, "บ้าบอ" means psychopath, that it is bad.
    Since I would really like to do this tattoo, but I would also like to go in Thaïland without having a bad word tattooed on my arm, could you please telle me all the meanings (good and bad) that "บ้าบอ" has. Which one is the principal one ? Do you think I should more get "บ้า" or "บ้าบ้า" or "บ้าบ้าบอบอ" or "บ้าบอ" get tattooed ? Which is the difference between all of these words ?
    Thank you

The fact that you wish to have this tattoo in Thai language indicates that you wish it to be read by Thai's. Overall, Thai's just wouldn't get it and they certainly would think you are crazy (and not in a good way). Better to choose another tattoo.

Comment

I think most Thai's think 'gangster' when they see tattoo's.

But if I was going to get a tat it would be one of Lemmy, what could be cooler than that? Possibly Ernest P. Worrell?

Comment

Have NUFC tattooed on your " Teef " instead, everyone will be impressed...
        bangkok mags

Comment

Originally posted by marshall View Post
          Doesn’t the King have a number of tattoos?
          Tobias - โทเบียส
          It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
            Doesn’t the King have a number of tattoos?
            Who’s going to say it?

Comment

One would have have thought the King having tattoos would make them de rigueur in Thailand these days.
              Tobias - โทเบียส
              It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

One would have have thought the King having tattoos would make them de rigueur in Thailand these days.
                Amongst the younger generation they are but I don't think the king has one that says 'Crazy', I could be wrong though

Comment

They reckon Naill Quinn's head was tattooed on....
                  bangkok mags

Comment

I asked my Thai friend about that and she got very indignant saying it was fake news by the Western media. She was very sure, and showed me a recent video to prove her point.

Comment

I asked my Thai friend about that and she got very indignant saying it was fake news by the Western media. She was very sure, and showed me a recent video to prove her point.
                      Well then, if the Thai's say its fake news, it must be . There's a hell of a lot of photos about that seem to disprove that viewpoint.

Comment

Not sure whether this is the right page or whether I have to do a new thread, but can anyone tell me what is this person is saying. I'm not to sure whether she is talking about a room or a messy room.
                        เหมือนสภาพบ้านหนูตอนนี้เลย

Comment

But if I was going to get a tat it would be one of Lemmy, what could be cooler than that? Possibly Ernest P. Worrell?
                          yes my misses says the same gangster maybe its just a certain generation and the younger ones now seem to think its cool .de rigueur hated french at school had to google it lol

Comment

Many Thai people have tattoos of a religious or sacred nature. This does not evoke thoughts of 'gangster' in other Thai people.

However, foreigners with what they regard as 'cool' Thai phrases tattooed on their skin will most likely evoke thoughts of it not being cool at all.

I would strongly suggest that the OP not have any form of 'crazy' inked on their body in Thai.
                            Other foreigners might think it's a bit cool, until you explain to them what it means. Thai people, not so much.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lamai View Post
                            Not sure whether this is the right page or whether I have to do a new thread, but can anyone tell me what is this person is saying. I'm not to sure whether she is talking about a room or a messy room.
                            เหมือนสภาพบ้านหนูตอนนี้เลย
                            "Same state as my home right now".
                            "You're so unapproachable!"
                            "And yet, here you are."

Comment

As this thread is a year old, I would think the OP was inked a while back.

Comment

Working...
                              X