No announcement yet.

Thai pass journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So second time around for me I was successful and received the Thailand Pass (QR code) in 2 days, 10 hours, 58 minutes.

As stated earlier, I gave them the AXA Sawasdee Thailand insurance doc, plus this time I uploaded QR codes from the NHS Covid Pass website.(cropped to just the codes).

Now chasing my wife's application, which has passed the 7 working days (9 calendar day) mark. I've emailed [email protected] asking if they can give a status, or if I should resubmit.

Tomorrow (Friday) is another CCSA meeting, so might see some more changes !

Now onto the PCR Test challenge ! (and might investigate the return non-NHS Lateral flow UK requirement as might be better to get that sorted pre-departure if possible)

Regards, Graham

Comment

Originally posted by gwhiteuk View Post
      Now chasing my wife's application, which has passed the 7 working days (9 calendar day) mark. I've emailed [email protected] asking if they can give a status, or if I should resubmit

Now onto the PCR Test challenge ! (and might investigate the return non-NHS Lateral flow UK requirement as might be better to get that sorted pre-departure if possible)
      I received TP confirmation this morning so thankfully don't need to buy another insurance policy.

The website LoyaltyLobby has a piece on additional TP support lines now available, might be worth a look.

I believe the return to UK test needs to be purchased prior to departing as a unique code that links the test has to be added to the UK passenger locator form before entering the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk.

One option I found, there are many others.

https://effectdoctors.com/product/da...0aAniEEALw_wcB

Comment

pcr back from eurofins looks like go to go tommorrow morning

Comment

Good Luck & Safe Travels !

No response from TP support email, so I've just applied again for my wife's Thailand Pass.

Regards, Graham

Comment

My wife's application has now been approved ! Took 1 day, 1 hour, 28 minutes having resubmitted on Friday evening !

Having the ability to check the status using a reference number (now returned on application acknowledgement) is useful, and proves it's the second submission that's been approved.

Regards, Graham

Comment

Got here. All clear. Flew out and saw łhr t4 all deserted. T2 looked busy. Word of advice if using Thai arrive early. . Everything done the old fashioned way. Only one check in until someone panicked and all of sudden check in s started opening. Half empty flight. Someone asked if they could move seat. “NO YOU CANNOT”. Everyone ignored that. Only alcohol with meal service. Food ok but no mid flight snacks. Swampy looked deserted. Rows of stored aircraft. The 380 looking lonely.
              Airport all deserted. Travelator closed off and a charade with rows of chairs next to the travelator whilst they went through the paperwork. Immigration deserted all rushed through the Thai channel actually I went through the crew channel or similar. No rows of tensa barriers . All very civilised and relaxed. No mobs of Chinese. Got to the asq and tested on arrival at 1000. Test back at 1600 and suggested we leave which we did not but told to be out by 0800 the following morning. Freedom and the open road awaits. It was ok all in all something to chat about over a beer .

oh yes and something to watch out for I went to the ATM for some cash to take out . Withdrawals in gbp are 2.5 a go. Drop off charge 5 pounds and that includes taxis so it s a fiver extra for a taxi to LHR .
              Last edited by Happy in Isaan; 15 Nov 2021, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy in Isaan View Post
                Test back at 1600 and suggested we leave which we did not but told to be out by 0800 the following morning. Freedom and the open road awaits. It was ok all in all something to chat about over a beer .
                Nice of the hotel to be so welcoming, did they give any reason for the requests?

I'm hoping to switch hotels all going well, will book online should the test come back ok (the alternative doesnt bare thinking about) then spend another couple of nights in bkk so my wife can drive over, spend a night then we can drive home the next day, safer idea all round in my mind.

Didnt happen to notice if any money change booths were operating in bkk?
                Glad you made it ok. Enjoy that beer.

Comment

Applied for Thailand Pass for the Missus at 10:14 this morning and received QR Code at 14:49 = 4 hrs 34 mins. Is that the record so far ??

Unfortunately can't apply for mine yet as some idiot at AXA put my wrong passport number on the policy. Advised them on friday, they replied saying they would amend and send through, still waiting !!
                  We'll never win the Premier League,
                  We'll never win a Cup,
                  We'll still follow UNITED !!

Comment

Perhaps I should take that second part of my post back. I went with Luma Tune Insurance so it wasn't an idiot at AXA at all PMSL
                    We'll never win a Cup,

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post
                      Sorry can I ask if you recall the jpg file size allowed and a link or where to find the thai axa insurance site.
                      Thanks.
                      Axa insurance link found on er another forum . Can I mention tigers . I did not use jpg in the end due to what I later discovered was their it issue. I uploaded as an image. It worked

Comment

Originally posted by Natty View Post

Nice of the hotel to be so welcoming, did they give any reason for the requests?

I'm hoping to switch hotels all going well, will book online should the test come back ok (the alternative doesnt bare thinking about) then spend another couple of nights in bkk so my wife can drive over, spend a night then we can drive home the next day, safer idea all round in my mind.

Didnt happen to notice if any money change booths were operating in bkk?
                        Glad you made it ok. Enjoy that beer.
                        Not sure about the 0800 eviction . The uk based g f had the discussion. Airport looks like a apocalypse type film. Very very quiet.
                        3 change booths open down stairs. kasikorn sr 1965 and another. I am making reference to the railway station change booths. I got told off for using wrong channel coming out of the railway station into the airport basement. The whole place was deserted.
                        Last edited by Happy in Isaan; 17 Nov 2021, 17:10.

Comment

Little update. Got my altered insurance docs 10 o'clock yesterday morning so went on Thailand Pass straight away, my QR code came through just after 5 this morning, so less than 24hrs. Looks like teething problems all ironed out - for now
                          We'll never win a Cup,

Comment

Next in the travel episode. I am struggling with the “morchana” app . Is it mandatory. Need to do the 7 day antigen test as well.

Comment

My RT-PCR tests with Eurofins went smoothly. I did it via their 'Sampling Station' in a small portacabin like structure in the car park of a local ASDA.

Cost was around £44 each. Some airline specific discount codes are available for 10% off, but there isn't a specific one for Thai.

Samples (self swab, nose only) quickly taken at midday. Email acknowledgement of reaching lab @ 11PM. Results available just before 7AM the next day !

Based on this experience I would recommend them.

Getting close !

Regards, Graham

Comment

Only the airports and the Bangkok prison to go. I would suggest keeping a few masks around. I got a verbal mauling the other day for walking into a 7/11 minus a mask.

Comment

Working...
                                X