Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai pass journey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thai pass journey

    As posted elsewhere I spent Tuesday and Wednesday constantly printing/scanning forms and nagging hotel staff through an endless saga of phone calls. I think the participating hotels are going crazy with med consent forms and enquiry forms followed by scanned copies of bank cards. Some of the hotels are even asking for marriage certificates.
    My best guess is the authorities are being onerous with ASQ providers.

    Eventually got the thai pass application completed. The g/f application went through in 10 mins, mine took 3 days. Only the PCR to go .

    Nearly there :-).

  • #2
    72 hours (3 days) waiting for our applications (one English, one Thai Passport) to be processed so far. I believe the 7 days they mention is business days so probably excludes weekends !

    Travelling close to the end of the month, so not getting too nervous yet !

    Regards, Graham

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gwhiteuk View Post

      Travelling close to the end of the month, so not getting too nervous yet !

      Regards, Graham
      I WAS getting nervous . Travelling 14/11 . Normally if you need a travel doc like a visa it is visa first ticket second. Not the other way . BTW re the jpg/api issue talked about. I managed to print the doc s, then photo them and upload them as images. Seemed to work. I am sure there are better work arounds.
      Last edited by Happy in Isaan; 6 Nov 2021, 09:26.

      Comment


      • #4
        So after 7 days (inc weekend) I received a rejection !

        Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to Please submit a high-resolution photo of the medical insurance that contains your name. Please supply proof of insurance with a minimum medical expenditure of $50,000 USD and coverage for COVID-19.
        Admittedly, my Annual travel insurance with Columbus Direct doesn't specifically mention Covid on Schedule page (but medical treatment is covered - up to £10M), and only shows my initial rather than full name.

        Decided to resolve by purchasing a AXA Thailand policy (1540THB for under 20 days) rather than 'photoshopping' Covid clauses from the Columbus policy into a 1 page JPG !

        So looks like I have to be Double Insured as well as Double Vaccinated to successfully navigate through Thailand Pass !

        Have applied again, hopefully I get a quicker response this time ! I am still waiting for a response on my wife's application, made at the same time as mine.

        Fingers crossed - Graham

        Comment


        • #5
          I envisage the same problem now you mention that only 1 image of the insurance document can be uploaded.
          The cover I have shows unlimeted medical on the cover note but covid etc is noted on another page.
          Will see what I can do to create a one page image otherwise will have to follow your example.
          AXA don't seem to sell in the UK either so have to buy from Thailand eh....

          Comment


          • #6
            Sorry can I ask if you recall the jpg file size allowed and a link or where to find the thai axa insurance site.
            Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              I believe the JPG size limit is 5MB.

              I found a Thai COVID insurance comparison page, which compared the cost of the main providers, and AXA came out well as they had a up to 20 day package, but others seemed to be up to 30 days.

              Here is the link https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

              Check some of the providers here https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-19-in...ng-to-thailand or if you've decided AXA is best this is the link I used https://www.axa.co.th/en/axa-sawasde...avel-insurance

              Have you seen this https://t.co/YuKAtwluo9?amp=1 (Richard Barrow - the nightmare of a positive test on arrival) - my Annual policy would not have covered a no-symptoms forced isolation, but AXA does, so may be value if it gives me peace of mind.

              On the Thai AQ Hotels facebook group, more votes seem to be going for Luna / Tune insurance than AXA.

              Good luck - I was hoping for an Auto-Approval on resubmit, but no such luck so playing the Thailand Pass Lottery again !

              Regards & Thanks, Graham
              Last edited by gwhiteuk; 9 Nov 2021, 18:53. Reason: Added link to asq.in.th as I found it after posting

              Comment


              • #8
                Anyone got any thoughts on the best pre flight pcr i live near london. I have seen the moneysaving expert site.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gwhiteuk View Post
                  I believe the JPG size limit is 5MB.

                  I found a Thai COVID insurance comparison page, which compared the cost of the main providers, and AXA came out well as they had a up to 20 day package, but others seemed to be up to 30 days.

                  Here is the link https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

                  Check some of the providers here https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-19-in...ng-to-thailand or if you've decided AXA is best this is the link I used https://www.axa.co.th/en/axa-sawasde...avel-insurance

                  Have you seen this https://t.co/YuKAtwluo9?amp=1 (Richard Barrow - the nightmare of a positive test on arrival) - my Annual policy would not have covered a no-symptoms forced isolation, but AXA does, so may be value if it gives me peace of mind.

                  On the Thai AQ Hotels facebook group, more votes seem to be going for Luna / Tune insurance than AXA.

                  Good luck - I was hoping for an Auto-Approval on resubmit, but no such luck so playing the Thailand Pass Lottery again !

                  Regards & Thanks, Graham
                  Thanks very much Graham.

                  I did speak to my travel insurance prior to purchase and they did imply that asymptomatic cases are covered but when the proverbial hits the fan things can change, I always note these conversations though.
                  I will be there for a little less than 30 days.
                  The link to RB news is not good at all...feel for them really do.
                  Everything is in place to make an attempt at the TP so will crack on with that later today.
                  Good luck.
                  ​​​​​

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Happy in Isaan View Post
                    Anyone got any thoughts on the best pre flight pcr i live near london. I have seen the moneysaving expert site.
                    I just searched online and have booked one that works with the date of my departure which complicated things because the test needed to be done either late afternoon Saturday or Sunday so restricted choice.
                    Did see a reasonable priced option for llyods chemists but limited sites offered.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ouch I looked at the Lloyds site. 79 for a PCR. I searched on the link found on Moneysaving expert site under the BA banner. Eventually found drive thru for 39.99 at LHR and various sampling site services around 40 to 50 ish. Nearly there................. fingers crossed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The FAQ's on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs site (which is linked to the Thailand Pass website states the insurance no longer needs to include COVID although it must have a minimum coverage of 50,000 USD.

                        The following (extracts) are copied from a newsletter distributed by Richard Barrow (Twitter: @richardbarrow):

                        The Thailand Pass is run by the Department of Consular Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

                        VACCINATION CERTIFICATES

                        Although the Thailand Pass is a project under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it is the Ministry of Public Health who are responsible for verifying the vaccine certificates. This can quite often be done automatically. Thailand is part of a 30-member group of countries that share a PKI (public key infrastructure) for vaccination certificates. This will allow them to instantly authenticate the certificate. I haven’t seen a list of countries, but I am told that most are in Europe. Other certificates with QR Codes are relatively easy for them to authenticate too. But there are some certificates that are challenging for them which is why it sometimes takes time. Particularly if someone uploaded an image that is not clear.

                        One of the reasons a vaccine certificate is rejected is because the vaccine is not approved by the Thai government. Also, to be considered fully vaccinated, your 2nd dose must be administered at least 14 days before your travel. Here is the list of approved vaccines:
                        • CoronaVac (Sinovac)
                        • AstraZeneca
                        • Pfizer-BioNTech
                        • Moderna
                        • COVILO (Sinopharm)
                        • Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
                        • Sputnik V
                        You are allowed to mix vaccines on this list according to this guide:
                        • 1st dose (Sinovac) = 2nd dose after 2 weeks
                        • 1st dose (AstraZeneca) = 2nd dose after 4 weeks
                        • 1st dose (Pfizer-BioNTech = 2nd dose after 3 weeks
                        • 1st dose (Moderna) = 2nd dose after 4 weeks
                        • 1st dose (Sinopharm) = 2nd dose after 3 weeks
                        • 1st dose (Sputnik V) = 2nd dose after 3 weeks
                        "Don't buy the sun"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I read also that the requirement for insurance that specified Covid cover had been dropped, and there is no mention of it on the Thailand Pass website. However, gwhiteuk rejection email stated it as a reason for rejection. Clear as mud as usual
                          We'll never win the Premier League,
                          We'll never win a Cup,
                          We'll still follow UNITED !!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Happy in Isaan View Post
                            Ouch I looked at the Lloyds site. 79 for a PCR. I searched on the link found on Moneysaving expert site under the BA banner. Eventually found drive thru for 39.99 at LHR and various sampling site services around 40 to 50 ish. Nearly there................. fingers crossed.
                            Will not divulge the price I paid then but I'm just going with what works for me and have abandoned my usual MSE approach for this trip though I expect I can save a bit when there 555.
                            Good price you have, one more thing off the tick list.
                            I need to upload passport to test company at +14 days and take 2 photo id (passport and DL) for the test expect thats standard practice to avoid anything dodgy.
                            Good luck Happy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by N Barton View Post
                              I read also that the requirement for insurance that specified Covid cover had been dropped, and there is no mention of it on the Thailand Pass website. However, gwhiteuk rejection email stated it as a reason for rejection. Clear as mud as usual
                              Is the insurance part of the ASQ process so if you have the ASQ confirmation you must have the insurance ??

                              Might be an issue at check in or arrival. Flying sunday so keep folk informed unless someone else "enjoys" the process first.

                              BTW many moons ago I remember travelling to what was at the time part of the old USSR. I remember the old soviet customs declaration form. It was funny even at the time. This is not amusing at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X