Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ash View Post
    The Hilton Pattaya is open ? Well according to Hiltons website it is
    Next time I'm passing I'll double-check. It looked desolate when I went past on my bike. If it is open I doubt it has many customers unless of course it has become another Covid isolation accommodation. If I could work out how to attach photos I could show you.
    Get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by Gary & Nok View Post
      As of Monday 30th August Thailand goes on the UK Red List so that is not going to help.

I have a friend in Pattaya who was going home but got caught by the lockdown and has since decided to stay but she says it is very very quite, hardly any food, no work, but still being expected to pay for her room each month. Things are not great for the locals.
      She (last Thursday) travelled to Bangkok and bought herself her first dose of AZ, at a cost to her of 2200 baht. Her next shot is in 5 weeks time, if she can afford it. She is very scared of catching Covid19 and just felt she could not wait for the Government to get around to vaccinating her age group. Sad!
      Can you find out what hospital is selling vaccines? I want to get my wife vaccinated, and we've not found any hospital selling vaccines. She could get Sinovac but as we know that's not very effective. Plenty offering to register you if you pay upfront. I have a friend who has paid 3,200 baht for Modena back in May. He's still waiting, they told him October, but I have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Shrimper View Post

Can you find out what hospital is selling vaccines? I want to get my wife vaccinated, and we've not found any hospital selling vaccines. She could get Sinovac but as we know that's not very effective. Plenty offering to register you if you pay upfront. I have a friend who has paid 3,200 baht for Modena back in May. He's still waiting, they told him October, but I have my doubts.
        Medpark hospital in BKk. You can register with BCCT, who will arrange inoculation for Brits and families for free (AZ). But you have to travel to Bkk. In fairness, vaccine availability is increasing now and Pfizer is becoming more common. In HH, sinovac is offered as the first jab, followed by AZ 3 weeks later. Thats via the public hospital.
        'Tis me

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Shrimper View Post
          Can you find out what hospital is selling vaccines?
          I have asked my friend, just waiting for her to get back to me.
          As soon as I find out ill let you know.

When will I see you again
          When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Originally posted by Gary & Nok View Post
            I have asked my friend, just waiting for her to get back to me.
            As soon as I find out ill let you know.
            Thanks, Gary. I went onto the MedPark hospital website and you can purchase Moderna for 3,300 baht for 2 jabs. Unfortunately, it's another pay now and we'll contact you when we have it scenarios. What I'm hearing this could be next year?
            I think it's just a case of hanging on for the call from the local hospitals. As mentioned they seem to be looking after the ex-pats in Pattaya at the moment, I go for my 2nd Pfizer jab next week.

Comment

Spoke with my friend and for some reason she was very evasive about giving the name of the hospital, only to say that she paid upfront for the first jab and was contacted a few days later to have it. She is now back in Pattaya waiting to be contacted for the second jab, which she needs to pay upfront again when called, and then will go back to Bangkok when appointment is made.
              Very strange but I didn't want to push her as to why the evasiveness of her answers. Sorry.
              When will I see you again
              When Thai Air give me my money back

Comment

Working...
              X