TripAdvisor warns users over Thai hotel that legally pursued reviewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Keith- View Post
    My wife used to work in the Ambassador City, she'd love to see some of the photo's.
    Am I allowed to post them ??

Comment

• https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/...ew-goes-viral/

Plenty of photos here

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave and Tia View Post
        The military comment is “You cannot expect it to function like a normal hotel since people are in their room for 24 hours for 14 days,” Lt. Gen. Kongcheep said. “As for the food, it is in accordance with the standards of quality, portion size, and hygiene,” he said.

So I guess the question remains, is it becoming dangerous to give an honest bad review on Thailand Hotels or at least some Thailand hotels even when true ?? One word against another ?? This could be the stat of anew trend to travel the world, complain at your own peril !!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickj1000 View Post

The military comment is “You cannot expect it to function like a normal hotel since people are in their room for 24 hours for 14 days,” Lt. Gen. Kongcheep said. “As for the food, it is in accordance with the standards of quality, portion size, and hygiene,” he said.
          Mr Military man has to say that as all these hotels were meant to be subject to strict inspection before being approved for use. Remember when the plans were first approved? The first thing that happened was all the hotels complaining they were being asked to pay bribes to get on the list. Pinnochio said he'd investigate as that was unacceptable, so I guess his nose just grew a bit longer, as clearly someone has been benefitting.
          'Tis me

Comment

• My wife is in the Citrus Grande Pataya. Room is a little small but okay for one person. Food is excellent and wifi normally okay but some have problems on the upper floors probably because the place is full. She fills out a medical form every day and has to take her temperature. Staff are excellent, always on time and today she ordered a special spicy fish dish from the kitchen and it was apparently top class (and she is an excellent cook). Today she tells me that they are checking on how she is feeling to make sure she is okay in the room on her own as 14 days is a long stretch, very good of them. Unknown to them she is not on her own as I am on the phone with her 3 hours a day keeping her ticking over ! ... Very grateful to the hotel for being so good. Pot luck I guess !

Comment

​​​ Very grateful to the hotel for being so good. Pot luck I guess !
              To be honest, from most resorts I have read, the paid for hotels generally get a thumbs up. The only feedback I have read about unpaid accommodation, was a member of a forum relaying his daughters experience, which was in a hotel and also positive. But you can understand most bad experiences will be in the freebie or cheaper accommodation.

'Tis me

Comment

• Story in the Bangkok Post today regarding the review at the Ambassador City(Jomtien) : https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...acebook-review
                bangkok mags

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaket View Post
                  Story in the Bangkok Post today regarding the review at the Ambassador City(Jomtien) : https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...acebook-review
                  Looks like they have no choice but to close with these bad reports. Giving up State Quarantine status for them must be a blow but clearly there must be something afoot for the guest to post all these pics, seems unlikely to be making it up. My wife says that his posts on Facebook were not all bad as some rooms are ok. He changed 3 times and all rooms he had were poor and then they would not move him again. The food though was not fresh apparently. Sad state of affairs regardless
                  Last edited by nickj1000; 19 Feb 2021, 10:08.

Comment

• My wife's breakfast at the Citrus Grande Pataya. Two more meals to come after this ! I see the word diet in my minds eye :-)
                    Attached Files

Comment

My wife's breakfast at the Citrus Grande Pataya
                      Think this needs to be moved to Richard's "What's on the table" thread .....To be fair, looks pretty decent

"Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Pad Kapow for breakfast, Mmmmmmmm where do I sign up ?
                        If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

My wife's breakfast at the Citrus Grande Pataya. Two more meals to come after this ! I see the word diet in my minds eye :-)
                          I don’t know if the Citrus hotels are part of a group, or if the name is just a coincidence, but I’ve stayed in one at BKK and it’s been great. Modern, clean, the most comfortable bed ever. Everyone had a good time, every time.

Comment

• Special meal my wife ordered from the Citrus. You can eat the free food but order something different and pay if you want. Very nice too for 150 baht !
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Just had a call from my wife saying that her COVID tests do not match, ie they run 2 tests on the from same swab test. The hotel staff say it is the laboratory and not her that is the issue whatever that means. She has just had another test and we are awaiting the results but she is pretty scared now about going to hospital with no symptoms. 3 People from 35 on the Thai Airways flight in this hotel have gone to hospital. Probably on the wrong thread for this but we were surprised to find that the repatriation flight from London was at least 80 per cent full with pretty well no social distancing. My wife sat next to a Thai couple and there were 3 young European ladies sat behind her. When she flew with Qatar there were spaces between everybody and the same with me when I flew with EVA Air. I presumed Thai Airways were applying the same COVID safety conditions but I was clearly wrong, Wish I had booked Qatar now

Comment

• Good news, second test is Covid free, so smiles all round. The doctors phoned her very quickly to let her know so she could sleep. Phew

Comment

Working...
                                X