Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fresh Outlook is writing an article on Thailands election of its 1st female PM

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Every government has been aware of these problems. Every government's been trying to tackle the problems but so far no one is successful yet."

A coup stopped the last attempt :-S

"Any chance those 25% he referred to were the scapegoats arrested and prosecuted during his administration's "Fight Against Drugs" campaign?

No

"Not to mention many got killed during supposedly arrests. One case, it was a woman who just won a lottery, but alas the immediate fortune made her become under suspicion of being a drugs dealer. "Fight Against Drugs" squad shot her during the arrest. She didn't have a chance to enjoy her wealth that long.""

Are you saying there shouldn't have been a war on drugs and Thaksin was ultimately responsible for all deaths under his elected term? Did those who did the actual killings of the innocents get rewarded?

The brain washing to me seems to be the other way around, anything he tried to do went under the microscope to find any possible negative, once found that was them magnified exponentially.

Comment

I always find it interesting to do research on people. A couple of years old but interesting article, re Yingluk.

http://www.thailand-property-guide.c...cle&NewsID=679

My favourite quote, by Yingluk,from the article is -

"Now, when we do business, we do everything in line with the legal process."

Amazing the difference the word 'now' makes to a sentence.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
        The brain washing to me seems to be the other way around, anything he tried to do went under the microscope to find any possible negative, once found that was them magnified exponentially.
        Anyone can put as much ink on paper or words on the web as they like to try and either condemn or deify this man. But there is one very important fact which cannot be denied, the difference in his personal wealth before he came to power and after he was ousted, it sort of magnified exponentially.

How? Why?

Answer both those questions correctly and you will see the real man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddeus View Post
          But there is one very important fact which cannot be denied, the difference in his personal wealth before he came to power and after he was ousted, it sort of magnified exponentially.

How? Why?

Answer both those questions correctly and you will see the real man.
          Yes, exactly!! But it seems a lot of people are in denial!!
          Regards,
          Tai

Comment

"How? Why?"

Because everyone was buying mobile phones and using air time during his time in power when he also happened to own a telecommunications business amongst other things. Because the people had the opportunity and he was a succesful business man as well as politician.

Do you think it would have been better for him to lose money over the years or that even if he had just left his money in a bank it would not have grown :-S

Comment

"How? Why?"

Because everyone was buying mobile phones and using air time during his time in power when he also happened to own a telecommunications business amongst other things. Because the people had the opportunity and he was a succesful business man as well as politician.
              Which is called a conflict of interests, and illegal, not that he cared one jot, exactly the same amount of care that he really has for the ordinary Thai people.

Comment

Which is called a conflict of interests, and illegal, not that he cared one jot, exactly the same amount of care that he really has for the ordinary Thai people.
                But surely the question has to be why was he singled out? Many of the senior politicians over the years have been and are involved in businesses and are able to make decsions that bolster that business. I don't think thats a secret, even to Thais and it's hardly a trait unique to Thailand. So why not go after all of them? At the end of the day the military had to try and justify the coup and this was one way of doing so. And then one of his successors liked to cook a bit..........

I'm not saying that makes it right as all through this debate I have not hid my views on Toxin. The question for me is whether he is the better or worst of two evils? From what I can gather, the Thai public have decided?
                'Tis me

Comment

This can go on forever. But for the last time, for the sake of the truth being told!

"Every government has been aware of these problems. Every government's been trying to tackle the problems but so far no one is successful yet."

A coup stopped the last attempt :-S
                  If one isn't so biased, one should know the real reasons behind the coup.

"Any chance those 25% he referred to were the scapegoats arrested and prosecuted during his administration's "Fight Against Drugs" campaign?

No

"Not to mention many got killed during supposedly arrests. One case, it was a woman who just won a lottery, but alas the immediate fortune made her become under suspicion of being a drugs dealer. "Fight Against Drugs" squad shot her during the arrest. She didn't have a chance to enjoy her wealth that long.""

Are you saying there shouldn't have been a war on drugs and Thaksin was ultimately responsible for all deaths under his elected term? Did those who did the actual killings of the innocents get rewarded?
                  Don't be hasty to say "No."

Where did I give the impression about that? No problem with the "War on Drugs" operation but how they did it. They didn't actually catch the real drugs lords, but just the small dealers and frame innocent people. You can read it here, another case of how messed up it was. I couldn't find the actual news. It's been a long time. Oh, and the person who tipped the narcotic squad was Mr Yongyuth, the same one as in my previous post. After this incident, he got the nickname as "Yongyuth the Refrigerator" but he was still a prominent figure in the TRT Party back then.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...empted-murder/

http://www.ahrchk.net/hrday/2005/pdf/HRDay-Thailand.pdf
                  (In this document, p2 and p7 mention about the WOD operation.)

I don't know about you but I admit that I might be a little prone to be brainwashed, that's why I have to immune myself with facts. Otherwise I could find myself being lost in delusion!!
                  Regards,
                  Tai

Comment

Real-time unofficial vote counts by The Nation Multimedia Group

http://203.150.244.91/web/en/
                    Regards,
                    Tai

Comment

Interesting link Tai, so it seems only the South has voted clearly in favour of the Democrats! I wonder why that it is?
                      'Tis me

Comment

Originally posted by caller View Post
                        But surely the question has to be why was he singled out?
                        For one very simple reason, all politicians seek to feather their own nests to one degree or another, in other countries it is kept well under wraps, in Thailand it was a little more open for decades...... and then there came this one man, a man of the people, a man working tirelessly for the little guy (not me btw) a man that would be rewarded for doing so as you would expect, and no one would object.

But then he tried to secure his position by replacing all the big pigs at the trough with his piglets, this upset the big pigs, and that he is why he is singled out by them.

He is singled out by me for completely different reasons, and the ordinary Thai people have got no idea what they have just done.

Comment

@Thaddeus - Big thanks for the last paragraph, exactly how I feel.

@Caller - The same reason as the northern and northeastern people voted for the PT.

BTW, though it's unofficial, but congratulations to the PT supporters wherever they are! Now I'll just wait and see what's going to happen in the next chapter of Thailand.
                          Regards,
                          Tai

Comment

Originally posted by Tai View Post
                            @Thaddeus - Big thanks for the last paragraph, exactly how I feel.

BTW, though it's unofficial, but congratulations to the PT supporters wherever they are! Now I'll just wait and see what's going to happen in the next chapter of Thailand.
                            Yes, congratulations to them, I hope that they live up to their promises, not for me, but for the people I live with, the real engine of this country.

If it were within my power, I would have huge placards erected at every town intersection with the list of promises with a tick box on every line (the original promises, not the amended ones, ie every child gets a tablet PC, amended to, first year students only, and heaven only knows what benefit a tablet PC is to a five year old anyway)

And then, and only then, when none of the boxes have been ticked, maybe, just maybe, some of them may begin to think "hang on a second"

I have a dream.

It's a long way off, and in the meantime, everyone else gets a nightmare.

Comment

Spot on as usual Thad.

We fly to BKK Tuesday, not sure what we will find...I guess it will take more than a few days to kick off again. Saw Thaksin on BBC news like the cat with the cream. Almost as good as City beating United !...but probably will turn out rather messier.

JohnB
                              nao faz mal means mai pen rai

Comment

But then he tried to secure his position by replacing all the big pigs at the trough with his piglets, this upset the big pigs, and that he is why he is singled out by them.
                                Yes, that's pretty well documented, but what does it say about those who singled him out? And why does that make him any more an ogre than those responsible for ousting him?

Tai - you say that the south vote for the Democrats, just as those in the N/NE vote for Thaksin, but this is a recent change, isn't it? And in this instance, according to your link to the Nation, everywhere but the south voted for him, with Bkk being split virtually 50/50 - one consequence of Thais being displaced no doubt. There's a certain irony in that.
                                'Tis me

Comment

Working...
                                X