This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• english language

hi out there i need some help my wife has been in the u/k now for 1 month she has just started college but wants to learn english quicker she has tried to purchase a thai english dvd to no avail any ideas out there thanks ben

Look on the first page of Thailand UK, look under learning English right hand side of your computer screen.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Comment

I'd personally recommend Rosetta Stone. I'm currently working through their Thai course. Try a free demo here. It's a very clever way of learning a language.
      Cliff - คลิฟฟ์

Comment

Cliff,

I have been looking at the Rosetta Stone stuff and was a bit put off by the disclaimer about running it on Vista, which my notebook uses.
        Any problem for you?

JohnB
        nao faz mal means mai pen rai

Comment

JohnB - I use Windows XP Professional and it works just fine with that. Perhaps you should give them a buzz and ask what the specific problem is. Maybe it wasn't specifically designed for Vista, but works fine. Their number is 0800 3777 939. Hope it works out for you.
          Cliff - คลิฟฟ์

Comment

hi thank you for the help regarding rossetta stone dvd which i have now purchased could you help me again has i have only been in the u/k a short while my husband is unsure as what i am intitled to he is a working man does he pay extra council tax for me is thai wife allso he asks am i intitled to dental care and NHS CARE we are unsure of all of this i would be gratefull if you could help me on this subject
            thanking you panya

Comment

Panya,

Welcome to the Forum and all your questions can be answered here but it all depends on your type of Visa so more info please.
              colin 244

Comment

Assuming that you are here as a resident, then you are entitled to the full range of NHS services.

Your husband can also claim Working Tax Credit and any other benefit not listed under 9.2 - Public funds.

If he has been recieving the single occupancy discount on his council tax then he should tell the council that you are now living there immediately; he is no longer entitled to this discount as he is no longer a single occupant.

If you are here with a 2 year spouse visa or similar than you can work immediately, if you wish. However, if a fiance visa then you cannot work until after your marriage and you have obtained your Further Leave to Remain.

Comment

HI NOI AND NICK THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY I GOT MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND BEN ON JULY 2008 THEN I HAD A 2 YEAR VISA WITH WORK PERMIT TO ENTER THE U/K I UNDERSTAND I MUST APPLY FOR A ISL IN 2 YEARS TIME SO THE INFORMATION YOU SENT ME DOES THAT STILL APPLY TO ME OR DOES IT APPLY TO ME WHEN I GET A ISL IN 2 YEARS TIME
                  PANYA

Comment

So you have a 2 year spouse visa?

Then yes, it does apply to you now.

Comment

thanks for that where does my husband go to find out about these tax credits and to obtain information 9.2 public funds

Comment

Click on the links (that's the blue writing) in my earlier post.

Comment

Panya,
                          trust the PM was ok.
                          Regards
                          colin 244

Comment

Working...
                          X