This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I have just received the same shock, I am trying to book my wife on an ESOL course. I read the prospectus for the ESOL course which was quoted as £195, what I failed to spot was that this price was for EU students, for non EU students it is £1,008, over five times the price!!

Comment

May be a daft question but are any of these courses available in thailand ? also what makes you qualifiy for the free courses north of the border as i do have addresses/family that we could use !!

spider

Comment

IPP&spider0064, what are your locations in the UK?
        dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Comment

Hi Db1,

I live in Dunstable, Bedfordshire.

Comment

Hi IPP, check out this web site for more info on ESOL

www.galaxy.bedfordshire.gov.uk/webingres/bedfordshire/v...6_english_course.htm -

David & Aree

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Comment

Hi db1,

Were in east sussex, just trying to think ahead nam is on her first visitor visa and planning to return next april.
                Due to return with me on the 11th after nearly 5 months in the UK with me and has enjoyed her time even if being alone through the week as i am at work. ( i thought she may want to return sooner)
                I dont know why but she seems to think that the next visitor visa may prove hard to get, this after getting the first with no problems !!!
                I hope not.

spider.

Comment

H, Spider, if Nam returns without overstaying then applying for a new visit visa a couple of months later, there should be no problems, the only problem would be if she applied straight after her old visa expired.

You cannot do an ESOL course in Thailand, try this web site for esol near to you.
                  www.sussex.ac.uk/languages/1-4-1-2-2.html - 12k -

or this one,
                  http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/ESOL-courses-in-Ea...unty_id/512/page.htm

David & Aree

Comment

Having recieved a visit visa and complied with it's conditions then a second or subsequent application should be a formality.

However, please leave a suitable gap before applying again. She will probably be refused the visa (or, if the visa is granted, refused entry when she gets to the UK) if it means she would be spending more than 6 months out of 12 in the UK.

See 10.2 - Requirements for a visitor under the Rules-Frequency and duration of Visits.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info, nam & i return to thailand on the 11th (visa expires oct.) and we will apply for a second visitor visa next april.
                      I think nam speaks english fairly good and can hold a conversation with my family and friends but she needs to be more confident with others as i tell her not to be too shy !
                      I know there are many restrictions ref. a visitor visa so it may be difficult to enrol on some courses but any advise is welcome.

spider

Comment

Working...
                      X