This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know exactly how many questions there is in the 3rd edition? My wife's been studying from a payed for app and has sat the test twice. She says there are lots of questions she's never seen before. Bit annoyed really as we need to apply in next couple of weeks
    Thanks
    Dave & jay
    Ddave & Jay

Comment

There are 24 questions and you get 45 minutes to answer them. You need 18 or more to pass.

I would say the only true way of studying for this test to to read the book and commit the relevant sections to memory rather than trying to answer questions from an app.
      Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

I meant how many questions are there in total, sorry about that. My wife's studied from a selection of around a thousand on an official app but when I do a Google search there is one set of practise questions that has 2100. Is ridiculous tbh lol
        Ddave & Jay

Comment

That is why I would say the best way to pass this test is to read and digest the book then you will be able to answer any question that comes up, regardless of how many there might be in the "random" bank.

Comment

Of course Gary. We left it a bit late and didn't realise they made it so hard, I mean a thousand questions is plenty, she's put loads of effort in too, I thought she'd smash it both times tbh
            Anyway will get the book read and keep trying
            Ddave & Jay

Comment

How many did your wife get on her 2 tests?
              Close or a world away?
              If it was close and she has studied more since taking the last one then taking it again she might crack it. 3rd time lucky and all that.

Comment

Really hope so lol, she got 15 out of 24 both times but averages over 90% on on the material she knows. Hopefully she'll get lucky, it's got to happen sooner or later just hope it will be the next go as her visa runs out at the end of the month. Wish we'd done this earlier haha
                Ddave & Jay

Comment

Only 3 away

Good Luck on the next one.

Comment

Also worth warning of NOT questions in case there are any and they might cause a trip up eg
                    Which of these is not a Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
                    A) David Cameron
                    B) Tony Blair
                    C) Gordon Brown
                    D) George Washington

To test what I mean you could try reading that question to your wife as if in real exam and see what the answer is.

Hope the pass happens next time, good luck

Comment

Cheers fellas
                      Ddave & Jay

Comment

Agree with Ian, the NOT questions threw my other half as well when taking the test. I had to say these were "trick" questions by farang visa people who didn't want her to pass to get her to understand them

colin 244

Comment

Do any of you guys know If it's definitely the FLR m application we need to complete to extend her previous FLR?
                          Going to do an ILR now too as I've only got a day to do it all after she sits her test

Dave & Jay
                          Ddave & Jay

Comment

This one extends the stay of a partner of a person present and settled in the UK

Comment

Cheers Gary,
                              FLR sent off today as Jay unfortunately failed the test yesterday. 15 again unbelievably, I'm starting to think the nasty woman who does the tests is fiddling the scores lol

Dave and Jay
                              Ddave & Jay

Comment

Keep plodding away at it ddave.... it is a big hurdle, but achievable.

My wife took it three times and after the last fail really got her head on for a solid week of study and passed it on her 4th attempt.

I swear, I have never seen her so happy.... (putting money in her bank - excluded).

Regards
                                Kev
                                A link to "How to obtain a Settlement Visa"

Comment

Working...
                                X