This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LITUK test pass

Good news, my wife passed the LITUK test on Saturday It was her first attempt and only after a few months of studying the new 3rd edition.

I feel like we've taken a huge step forward towards ILR. There's a huge sense of relief at getting the pass under her belt.

Next up is achieving the B1 qualification. She's just started an ESOL course at our local college, it's an evening course, 1 night a week, which is all we could fit in around work and taking care of the baby.

Millsey

Congratulations to the wife, its not easy!

Comment

congrats, i don't think i would pass.

Comment

Congrats to the other half from here Millsey

colin 244

Comment

Another hurdle jumped with just one last hoop to go through and then it's time
          Tobias - โทเบียส
          It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

The B1 test is quite easy so it might be worth just giving it a go sooner rather than later you may well be pleasantly surprised. That said the courses are useful for every day living here and worth doing in their own right.
            Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Great news and a big well done Mrs Millsey
              bangkok mags

Comment

Many Congrats. We're doing it the other way around. B1 test is booked for next month then going to try for the LITUK when that's in the bag. If my wife can't pass LITUK it'll be an FLR extension for her

Comment

Well done! I go along with Ash on this. My wife did a "trial run" for the B1 and came out with a merit.

Comment

Congratulations Millsey. My wife's going through the questions on the Iphone app at the moment, wanting to get it out of the way. The book's a real slog - I'd be hard pressed to do it in Thai and her English was behind my Thai before she arrived here.

How's the baby? Eating any Thai food yet? I can't believe how much time babies eat up!

Comment

The baby's doing well, he's nearly a year old now, time has flown. He is always on the move and he keeps us on our toes!

Comment

My wife passed the LITUK test the other day. Second attempt. She's pretty pleased to have the hard one out of the way!

Our baby's walking/running around now. No words in English or Thai yet, apart from Dada!

Comment

Congratulations and nice one on both counts

Comment

Well done LWATG

when are you going for ILR?

Comment

Thanks Millsey. I guess pretty soon, because we arrived in the country at the end of May 2012.

I haven't read up much about it yet. Of course, the wife will have to pass the B1 test first. I'm relaxed about that but I have a few jitters about address proof. Someone I work with mentioned something to me about needing 6 items per year of proof of address, from different sources. We probably haven't got that. The wife has just the Nationwide bank account and we have a joint one in our name from the same institution. Though we bought a house together, the previous owners put the utility bills in my name only (and there doesn't seem to be an option to do joint names online). But we had a baby together too in that time - surely that's got to be enough! NHS letters, I guess?

Also I saw some mention of contractors like me needing to gather and submit all kinds of extra irrelevant rubbish that we didn't 2 years ago for settlement. Proof of dividend declarations, VAT certificates. I'm not looking forward to that! It's a real waste of trees and time and adds nothing to the knowledge of our finances. (I wake up and decide to pay myself a dividend and just do it, like any other contractor! It's like being asked to write down your shopping lists or something...)

Comment

Working...
                              X