Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your vpn give you an option of which country you can stream from. If it does, try setting to UK. If not try setting it to UK. I've forgotten to set location to UK in the past and there was no streaming,or catchup.

Comment

I use an app called Turbo VPN, which I downloaded for free from Google Playstore. Apart from an advert that briefly pops-up when you turn it on, it works a treat with all BBC services, Channel 4 and ITV, with no streaming delays.

Comment

I've used Filmon for years when in Thailand and elsewhere. Generally very stable, but can get jittery during high traffic use (Formula 1, High Profile Football games etc) where their bandwidth must be getting pretty squeezed for traffic.

I also took a Kodi Box to Thailand and worked fine last year. Not sure what its like now that there have been several sites banned due to court cases upholding licensing infringement complaints.

Comment

The boxes work well still.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I can choose from London or Southampton locations but both are blocked when trying to stream content (I can actually login to the app okay). Anyway, time to reduce how much TV I watch I think. :-)

Comment

BBC iPlayer working last night on Kodi.

Comment

Neilld where abouts are you in Thailand

Comment

BBC i player still working today with Turbo VPN.
                  ITV hub also works with Cyberghost VPN, both with UK server.
                  A good site for live UK TV is firstonetv,usually works well with perfect picture.

Comment

In Bangkok. As I said previously, the VPN is fine on all other services and I'm not so worried now that I found tvmucho Thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

I wish to stream content (BBC Iplayer and likes) from mobile phone to my TV however I do not have an internet wi-fi connection in my place in BKK (as do not spend much time there and do not wish to sign up for wi fi connection as it is rented and could move out any time).
                      Is it possible to do this via my phone signal/connection?
                      I will be in BKK for 1 month. Presumably I would need to buy a mobile phone data plan with unlimited data? How much would that be for 1 month (is it a cost effective way of getting what I need)?
                      The next question would be what would be the best way to access iplayer etc - I have seen numerous options suggested in this thread?
                      Thirdly, how would I get the content from my mobile phone on to my TV screen (picture & sound)?
                      I really am not good at tech stuff which is why I have split each question down - many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tudorowen1 View Post
                        It will not work in Thailand...I am in Hua Hin right now and mine will not work..I think it only works in the EU?
                        You need to access ITV/BBC player through a VPN server if you want it to work..
                        You need UK address so they check the post code for some reason

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrgordonb330 View Post
                          You need UK address so they check the post code for some reason

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
                          Just use Hola for bbc and itv players works perfectly in Thailand. As regards the post code from memory they ask when you sign up but thats all. As mine remains always logged in I never get asked subsequently

Comment

As far as I know, the only reason you are asked for a postcode is so you are shown the correct regional channels in the UK.

Comment

I use Pulse TV and it's great.

Comment

Working...
                              X