This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Feet

Gade bought a pack of frozen chicken feet from the Chinese Supermarket, she tell's me there is a way to remove the bones by soaking them in something but cannot tell me what, as she does not know, anyone know? Thanks for any info.
    (never ever steal! the government hates the competition.)

oldoldgit my ex wife used to buy the chicken feet frozen and after removing the bone made a spicy salad.i am not sure of the procedure but tomorrow she will bring Jack our son back home to me and i will ask for you.

Comment

Tell her to pop them in the microwave for an hour or so. That should do the trick and render them unfit for consumption by even the most devoted Thai.

Someone, please explain the attraction of chicken feet. So much hassle for a few scraps of fatty, gristly meat? OK, they are scarce, only 2 per chicken, but the rest of the bird is hardly the most expensive of food, is it? Does anyone here actually think that feet meat tastes better than a nice bit of moist breast (and DON'T take that off-topic!)?
      Gordie T Geordie

Comment

My missus boils the feet to remove bones then adds to salad, however my son likes her to leave the bones in. he wanted to take some to school in his lunch box
        I have tried them on a few occassions but find then rather lacklustre and quite chewy. My son fights the missus for who gets to eat the fish head (inc eyes); he also loves chicken gizzards, duck tougue, frogs. Now my daughter Lily (aged 18 months)is eating fish eyes.
        Mook is now eyeing up wildlife in the garden for the pot, no kidding!!

Comment

i don't mind my wife eating chicken feet but if i know that she has done i make her brush her teeth before she can even think about kissing me.

Comment

I think they are disgusting, when you think what they trod in for most of the day when alive, thanks Micheal001 I am sure my Wife will appreciate the know how from your ex.

My wife's know all Thai friend says they should be soaked in something before cooking and the bones can be pulled out, but she knows not what.

Comment

oldoldgit

Do you eat eggs?
              Lucky

Comment

Argos have foot spas for chicken feet
                Buy cheap, pay twice.

Comment

oldoldgit

I am not sure if your wife meant to Caustic Soda or "Soda Fai" in Thai?

Jarucha

Comment

Yes Lucky, but not the shells. Fish, Have only seen the eighteen inch ones in Argos.

Comment

My wife posted this in the Thai Language section - I assume they're chicken feet?!

Another menu option perhaps?

Enjoy.

'Tis me

Comment

quote,

My wife posted this in the Thai Language section - I assume they're chicken feet?!

Another menu option perhaps?

Enjoy.

........................................................................................................................

Looks like ET drowning to me?
                        Cheers/Kob Khun, Ron-Tik.

Comment

Jarucha, Wife says a chemical is used, so sounds right, do you know how it is done?

Comment

From Thai recipes
                            Chicken Feet & Spicy Noodles ( Kao Noom Jean Nam Ya Tin Gay )

Ingredients
                            500 gms Rice Noodle
                            400 gms Chicken Feet
                            500 gms Soft Meat Flat Fish
                            20 gms Dried Red Chillies
                            20 gms Red Onion
                            20 gms Garlic
                            20 gms Kasay
                            20 gms Lemon Grass
                            10 Kaffir Leaves
                            50 gms Chopped Spring Onion
                            3 Tablespoons Old Fish Sauce
                            1 Tablespoon Salt
                            3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
                            1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
                            2 Litres Water

Preparation
                            1. Boil the water, add the old fish sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar, dried chillies, red onion, garlic, lemon grass, kasay and kaffir leaves and continue to boil.
                            2. Clean the chicken feet carefully, clean the fish too, remembering to gut it. Add to the boiling pan and simmer for 1 hour.
                            3. Remove the chicken feet and fish from the pan and set aside.
                            4. Strain the liquid from the pot into another pan. Take the chillies, kaffirs leaves etc. you strained out into a Thai mortar and pound them to a pulp.
                            5. Add the pulped seasonings back into the strained sauce-pan.
                            6. Remove the meat from the cooked fish, pound that too and add that to the sauce pan. Be careful to remove all the fish bones.
                            7. Finally put the chicken feet back into the pan and cook for a further 20 minutes.
                            8. In a separate pan of boiling water, cook the noodles for 3 minutes, rinse with cold water.
                            9. Serve some of the noodles, together with some chicken feet and sauce.

Serve With
                            Raw Green Beans
                            Green Aubergine
                            Cucumber
                            Mint
                            Coriander Leaves
                            Lettuce
                            Raw Green Cabbage

ash
                            Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Comment

Thank Ash, noticed 'Old fish sauce' (smelly fish)in the recipe, that's when I leave the house and work in the garden to avoid the smell.

Comment

Working...
                              X