• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Som Tam Recipe ?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...tam-thai-salad

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

It has to be baby mango but if your in LOS again can I suggest a visit to future park where I found a restaurant that had all manner of variations including a form made with unripe apple cut like crinkle cut chips. No doubt others will know better.

Comment

Somtam has become my favourite dish and I have two places in particular, where I think it is particularly good. One is in Korat, the other is the issan restaurant on Sukhumvit, near asok station on the south side of the road, well before soi 18. You can't miss it because of the somtan stall outside. They do umpteen versions there and I get it just as I like it, with lots of lime. Off to Bkk again this Friday and will no doubt be calling in for my dose!
      'Tis me

Comment

mai phet khap

Comment

Where I live the predominant local shops are Polish ( and nearby countries to be actually correct ).

I add a spoon or three of crunch polish pickled veg. Drained well, not to much vinegar tartness./acidity.

It works because the jar I choose is a crunchy pickle.

Had a great conversation with a shop assistant the other day who was concerned I had no idea what I was purchasing when I explained a lady in the check out que ( encouraged by the check out lady ) told me about her own pickle recipes

The pickle adds the sour and my Thai ingredients work round.

Well it is a version .

Richard

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Linne View Post
          It has to be baby mango but if your in LOS again can I suggest a visit to future park where I found a restaurant that had all manner of variations including a form made with unripe apple cut like crinkle cut chips. No doubt others will know better.
          Sour but not to sour apples

Could be genius or disaster.

Crispy. You could not pound it under a mortar. Toss The ingredients.

This could work.

Richard
          Last edited by richardb; 19 Oct 2015, 23:05.
          It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Comment

I don't like eating much Somtum, because after a while I then have to visit the gents.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Comment

Get mine from a street stall near Bang Na market (BKK) not sure about their " Recipe " but tastes Aroi Mak Mak
              bangkok mags

Comment

Isn't the joy of that there is no one perfect recipe, you adjust it to suit your taste.

Comment

Working...
                X