This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothie type thingies

I've recently started experimenting with the blender I bought years ago and never really used before. I've been using various combinations of skimmed milk, yoghurt, honey and fruits but I'm not sure if that even constitutes a smoothie.

Any tips?
    เจมี่

Hi Jamie

I have smoothie for breakfast everyday during week. Find best tips:

* I always include banana as that helps thicken
    * Natural yoghurt (I use an organic vanilla flavour live one) for added taste/protein/thickness) 4 tablespoon
    * Strawberries freeze really well for using in smoothies and act like ice cubes chilling the smoothie and add lots of vitamin c
    * Fresh pineapple will last 5 days in fridge .. use a slice a day
    * Vary the liquid .. sometimes I use fresh orange juice .. sometimes skimmed milk... sometimes 50/50 mix.

Just vary the fruit ingredients according to what is in season and what is cheap ... but always use orange juice or skimmed milk as the base and always include bananas for the complex carbs and potassium.

Hope that helps
    Follow my photography on Facebook

Visit my website - guavaphotos

Comment

Take 2 rashers of cooked bacon, 10 cocktail sausages, 2 slices of black pudding, a tomato, 3 raw eggs and a good dash of tabasco. Blend for 1 min and drink. Sets you right up for the day
      Mark
      ควาย

Comment

Take 2 rashers of cooked bacon, 10 cocktail sausages, 2 slices of black pudding, a tomato, 3 raw eggs and a good dash of tabasco. Blend for 1 min and drink. Sets you right up for the day
        but Mark, where do your complex carbs come from ?
        If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith&Mol:
          but Mark, where do your complex carbs come from ?
          Are there any in beer ?
          Mark
          ควาย

Comment

Are there any in beer ?
            Undoubtedly
            If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Comment

I dont know why I even bother to post anymore on these forums seem to have the **** taken so many times

Hmmmmm yes I do... must have had too many complex carbs last night
              Follow my photography on Facebook

Visit my website - guavaphotos

Comment

Hmmmmm yes I do... must have had too many complex carbs last night

Comment

Working...
                X