This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voip discount

I have been following this thread with some interest. Mam and I have two accounts with Voip Discount. One, the first we set up is with Voip Discount, the second is with SmartVoip. Until,now we have no problem with either.

Reason we have two is that Mam does tend to spend a long time on the phone to LOS and we can change between the two should free days run out.

Point of post.....if you want to cancel your account, cancel your credit card reference with Voip, as some of you have posted this to be a problem, you simply go to "buy credit" and there you have the option to change your cc number or to delete it. Seems to work, as I did it earlier this pm, in the interests of research for this website.

Seems odd, I know, to go to "buy credit" to cancel everything, but that seems to be the way it's set up.

Let me know if I am missing something. I will be watching to see if I am wrong.

John B
    nao faz mal means mai pen rai

Comment

Originally posted by sumrit View Post
      I've read of another 'cheap phone call scam' on another forum recently, again originating from Germany (predeal 01056, PM2 Telecommunications).

This involves the system like we have in the UK where we phone an 0844 number first then dial the Thai number. After dialing their access number there used to be a message saying the call would cost 2 cents per minute. that message disapeared and when people got their next phone bill they found the cost had been increased to 1.50 Euros per minute, resulting in some very hefty bills.

This may or may not be part of the same scam/company you're talking about but for anybody using an 0844 number it's probably worth making sure you hear the '1p per minute' message before you proceed.
      Don't worry about this happening with a UK 084 number. In the UK if you call an 084 number in the UK (0843, 0844, 0845) the maximum price is 5p per minute from a BT landline depending on the number - other providers may charge more or a fixed rate. Mobile companies will rip you off and charge anything from 15p per minute up to 50p per minute.

Once a number has been assigned a charging rate, from 0.5p per minute up to 5p per minute, it cannot normally be assigned a 'higher' charge rate and never more than 5p per minute in any event (from BT landline).

Originally posted by Gary & Nok View Post
      For £3.39 per month we would get 11 hours 18 minutes of talk time using the 0844 1/2p per minute number.

Even Nok can't talk to her family for that long each month
      The only comment I would make on that statement is don't forget to include the 'call connection fee' many companies now charge for calling 07, 08 and 09 numbers - this can range from 3p to 9.3p per call on BT (depending on tariff, probably the 9.3p rate as standard) and from 10p per call on cable - other landline providers charge up to 20p per call, I've read somewhere that Virginmedia for example charge 12p in some parts of the country.

So calling Thailand once a day using an 0844 number charged at whatever pence per minute could cost from £3.10 per month and that's before you start paying for the actual time of the call.
      Tobias - โทเบียส
      It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
        Just a thought, is there anyone here who has a voipdiscount account who can log in, open their invoices and see if there is an address, telephone number and VAT number?
        hi . i have a phone card called cobra an having money taken out from vodafone acount , mobile totalling £ 24 , i have tried contacting them but cannot do so have tried erasing this from mu mobile , but cannot how do i delete this number

Comment

For £3.39 per month we would get 11 hours 18 minutes of talk time using the 0844 1/2p per minute number.

Even Nok can't talk to her family for that long each month
          She's not trying! my missus managed 96 hours 50 mins and 42 seconds between September and November last year! £74.52!
          Lucky

Comment

I think phone calls abroad are a mine field. I use 18866 from a BT line. Thailand 1p min to mobiles and 4p to land line also phone son in OZ 2p all with 5p connection charge. I think my wife can beat Nok. Used over 900 free mins in 2 months in UK alone last month. You definately cannot beat this forum for a learning curve.

Comment

Blimey, glad Nok can not manage that level of chat, that is horrendous I shall not be pointing these posts out to her.

Quiet girl, my little misses
              Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

... I shall not be pointing these posts out to her.
                Indeed, she might see it as a challenge
                Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Originally posted by discokidd View Post
                  hi . i have a phone card called cobra an having money taken out from vodafone acount , mobile totalling £ 24 , i have tried contacting them but cannot do so have tried erasing this from mu mobile , but cannot how do i delete this number
                  Do you have the numbers involved - if it is charge to a mobile there should be a text received each time they claim funds - you "should" be able to reply to the text with the word:

STOP

and that should cease the service immediately. Do not type anything else apart from the single word STOP.
                  Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

Been using VOIPbuster for many years now with no problems at all.

They provide several local dial in numbers -London, Manchester and it's just 1euro cent a minute to a Thai mobile. We have free national off peak calls so if she calls at the weekend it's just 1euro cent a minute.

You can also download an app for the iPhone or Symbian phone and call thro wifi with no landline charges.

As for billing, I put 10euro on each time through PayPal and it lasts for months. Going through PayPal it is completely independent from VoIPbuster.

Comment

What was the end result of all this or was it just an error on the OP's part.....??

Comment

No error on my part Boonvilai, the monies taken without my authority were charged back by the bank. Voipdiscount ignored all communications from me. I am still owed €39 of call credit but there is no way of getting this back without going 'legal'. I do not have the time nor inclination to do that, far too busy. As a result of their apparently underhanded activities several of my friends and colleagues have stopped using them, a significant loss of business over the years - certainly in to four figures.
                        Tobias - โทเบียส

Comment

just a quick question regarding voip discount . ive just started to use this service and would like to know can you print your call history using voip discount. I can see call history but can I print the history. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bould View Post
                            I can see call history but can I print the history.
                            If you can see it you could do a screen shot (if there is no print option).
                            Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

that's a thought screen shot .thank you.

Comment

you can print your last 6 months call history by logging into your voip discount account and click on calls tab.
                                I wish ide started saving the history now as we have used voip discount since 2007 and now we need the history.

Comment

Working...
                                X