This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to Thailand from UK?

I sent an elderly friend some cheap numbers to call me on but it seems by the time she got the letter none of them worked. Can someone recommend a number that is likely to be around for a while, nothing computer based, just a low cost prefix landline-mobile, thanks

if your friend is in Thailand then get her to go to 7/11 and get true move sim card pre pay 199 bht then very cheap to call the UK on, if in the uk go on line to www.18185.co.uk log in give credit card details and you can use your land line or mobile to call Thailand on Land line or mobile, only 1.5 pence per min good quality reception.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Comment

Originally posted by db1 View Post
      if your friend is in Thailand then get her to go to 7/11 and get true move sim card pre pay 199 bht then very cheap to call the UK on, if in the uk go on line to www.18185.co.uk log in give credit card details and you can use your land line or mobile to call Thailand on Land line or mobile, only 1.5 pence per min good quality reception.
      I should have said she is in her 70's, lives in UK and has never used a computer. Guess I could give her the one advertised here 0131

Comment

0844 2009898 1p per minute to landline/mobile, virgin have a connection charge, BT do not as far as I know, We use it all the time via BT to call a mobile number, most of the time the line is very good, sometimes its best to redial. (We also have an orange live box which gives 2000 minutes a month to call Thailand land line numbers for free. if you are going to use this check that thailand is free for you, because newer connections have reduced countries to call for free.) I know the last part will not apply to you brian99 but may be helpful to others

edit should be .5p per minute see link - http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...hailand-mobile
        Last edited by steve187; 11 Nov 2009, 07:38. Reason: error in first post

Comment

brian99... you dont' say where you are at the moment but if you are in the UK 18185 would be a good option as you can add phone numbers other than the main one you register with.It does mean that the calls will be charged to your account though.
          When I'm going to Los I just add my mothers number to my account so if she wants to call my Los number she just puts 18185 before my number to call me (1p per min to my Los mobile) and the calls get charged to my account.
          It's also a very usefull feature for when I'm away from home as I just add the phone number of where I am staying to my account and I can use the phone there to call Los without that telephone line being charged for the call.
          Buy cheap, pay twice.

Comment

I sent an elderly friend some cheap numbers to call me on but it seems by the time she got the letter none of them worked.
            She does know to dial the "real number" after link number you have supplied to her?
            John

Comment

Originally posted by steve187 View Post
              0844 2009898 1p per minute to landline/mobile, virgin have a connection charge, BT do not as far as I know, We use it all the time via BT to call a mobile number, most of the time the line is very good, sometimes its best to redial. (We also have an orange live box which gives 2000 minutes a month to call Thailand land line numbers for free. if you are going to use this check that thailand is free for you, because newer connections have reduced countries to call for free.) I know the last part will not apply to you brian99 but may be helpful to others

edit should be .5p per minute see link - http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...hailand-mobile
              Good info thanks I will send her this one and see if she can manage it!

Comment

Working...
              X