Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to have a look into skype as well.
    My wife is on 3 and I am on O2. I have had a skype ID for years but hardly use it

Comment

Many thanks for all the helpful advice. I have setup skype country to call thailand. Let's see how long it takes Bee to get used to it.

Comment

ok another question.
        I was up the shops the other day and saw a 3 pay as you go phone with skype for i think £30.
        so if i was to buy two of these phones and keep one here in the uk and the other in Thailand would they work?
        only the inlaws do not have a computer ,only a landline and of course mobiles but the mother in law only uses the landline.
        Or do any of the Thai networks do a mobile pay as you go phone that can use skype and call me in the UK?

Comment

Don't know about the Thai networks question but we had no success at all with Skype to Skype on a 3 mobile in Thailand. However the 'Skype Country' service works from a 3 mobile to any Thai mobile or landline. All the MIL would need to do would be to call you and hangup and you can return the call via Skype. You and your wife could both use the same Skype login so it wouldn't matter who the MIL called.
          Gordie T Geordie

Comment

We use talktalk - talkmobile to phone Thailand as it is cheaper than skype ( skype calls to a mobile phone in Thailand ) We phone thailand using our skype internet and the bill was expensive. So we now use talkmobile from talktalk

Comment

Originally posted by lamai View Post
              We use talktalk - talkmobile to phone Thailand as it is cheaper than skype ( skype calls to a mobile phone in Thailand ) We phone thailand using our skype internet and the bill was expensive. So we now use talkmobile from talktalk
              Not sure if you've read the previous posts in this thread but if you sign up to 'Skype Country', specifiying Thailand obviously, you get unlimited calls to landlines AND mobiles for £3.39 a month incl VAT. You can use the same account to call from any computer or Skype-enabled mobile.
              Gordie T Geordie

Comment

We are using Skype country for £3.30 a month or whatever the exchange rate is at the moment.
                My wife and sons were averaging about £10 a month on talktalk, so we have even managed to save some cash here.
                Pat never complains about the call quality when he calls his dad in Thailand so it must be ok.

Comment

We have been using various cheap numbers etc but want to give Skype Country ago as it sounds like we could save a few bob

I want to get a (house phone) to use with skype, can anyone let me know what kind is best? I have no clue and generally a bit rubbish with technology!

Comment

lamai

Hi

you say about Talk Talk..but I presume - not having thsi service that you have to pay per minute plus connection to phone Thailand. As said before - if you add a subscription called Unlimited Country and specify Thailand as your country it only costs £3.39 per month...that's it.....if Talk Talk can beat that then it's an amazing deal but I would be surprised........

Happy New Year......for 2010

Rob and Aksorn

Comment

skype phone

Originally posted by Scally View Post
                      We have been using various cheap numbers etc but want to give Skype Country ago as it sounds like we could save a few bob

I want to get a (house phone) to use with skype, can anyone let me know what kind is best? I have no clue and generally a bit rubbish with technology!
                      Just go to your local big retailer - Cirrys or PC World and ask for Skype phones....my wife loves our phone...coneected to the computer and all you have to do is plug it in and put in the CD it will come with for the Driver...it's so easy....the phone we have was about 13 pounds (skype phone - Linkys) but there are so many....we personally don't liek the headset ones....because the ladnline tye one we have has speakers on it anyway.

good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X