This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 mobile network

has anyone from Thailand-uk.com uses the 3 network? If so are they any good or do you think that's it better to choose a company like Vodafone or Orange?

Cheers

mobiles

you should look at your options and packages with each network then decide.i use orange myself,i have for years.your choice

Comment

Few mates tool 3 contracts a couple of years ago as they were giving good deals but the network coverage was pretty rubbish but they may have improved now...

Comment

As a very low mobile user, pay-as-you-go is obviously the way to go, for me. I now use Asda Mobile ..... 8p per minute for calls, and 4p per text. £5 lasts me about 6 months!

For heavy users, the new Tesco Mobile tariff might be of interest ..... £30 per month .... for unlimited UK calls and unlimited texts.
        John

Comment

I used to work for 3 and we still use them now, they do now have vastly improved coverage which rarely causes problems, but you should check the coverage in your area, they should do a coverage checker map on their website. They currently have some good deals including their Skype offer which is worth looking at if you have Thai relatives on Skype. Aom pays about £15 a month for her contract phone and she has had good upgrade options. My bill is more, but on business and so I get all the facilities I need and don't have to pay :-)

Comment

currently with Three ,signal ok customer service same as the rest of em but check your area , got a deal with them that was way to good to leave ...........

There are some cracking ten pound a month deals on other networks, six hunded min unlimeted txt etc , and various others poping up all the time ,and the deals change weekly/ daily , beter to search a non mobile persific deal forum for best upto date deals

Comment

Without doubt 3 is the worst mobile experience of my life. Rubbish coverage (despite a 3 Shop only 2 miles away). Couldn't wait for my 18 month contract to end. After 17 months 'phoned 3 to terminate on 18 month anniversary. On phone 45 minutes & STILL they refused - despite answering every one of their security questions. I was even asked to confirm the exact amounts of previous Bills - good job I kept them!! So.....off to the 3 Shop. Manager their said "nothing to do with him - I have to call 3". After demonstrating somewhat loudly - manager called 3 on my behalf. He was met with same questions & was astonished at their arrogance. When I threatened to cancel my Direct Debit they offered to blacklist me so I would not be able to get credit again. In the end 3 caved in & finally agreed to cancel contact. Never received confirmation by SMS, letter or e-mail. Last week received a final Bill for £1-36 representing 2 days rental. They tell me to pay by BGC - but NOT attached. Can't pay by Direct Debit because 3 cancelled it. So I expect my credit history will be hit because of no fault of mine. My message here - DON'T TOUCH 'EM EVER EVER EVER......

You have been warned !!

Martyn

Comment

I am having a similar issue with o2 ... they don't yet know who they are messing with
                Tobias - โทเบียส
                It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

I use 3 for my mobile broadband provider and find their coverage to be very poor indeed.

Lee
                  Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                    I use 3 for my mobile broadband provider and find their coverage to be very poor indeed.
                    I haven't had anything to compare my 3 mobile USB with but I suspect it's not the best. I'm happy enough with their phone deals/coverage though, have the whole family on 3 now, have reduced the contracts to the bottom end (except Lek's) but have decent packages on all of them, unlimited internet, texts etc and the free 3-to-3 calls never seem to run out.
                    Gordie T Geordie

Comment

Originally posted by GTG View Post
                      I haven't had anything to compare my 3 mobile USB with but I suspect it's not the best.
                      I use my laptop at work with the 3 mobile broadband modem. A young lad I work with uses a similar set up but has a virgin mobile broadband connection.
                      I connect with 1 bar whilst he connects with 4, I'd say at our location the virgin mobile is about 3 times quicker.

Lee
                      Lee

Comment

I now have only one mobile left on Three which I will chop as soon as the contract ends.
                        I also have a Three broadband dongle which will also be chopped as soon as.
                        You can expect poor coverage only to be matched by poor customer service.
                        My advice if you go ahead is to deal with a local Three shop so when you have an issue with Three you can seek support from the shop manager which I had to. Three courier deivered my order to the wrong address twice. The manager of the shop managed to find this out but it took several weeks for Three with the shop manager pleading my case to accept my word and the courier that I did not have the orderd product !
                        Take care.....
                        Janner

Comment

I now have only one mobile left on Three which I will chop as soon as the contract ends.
                          I also have a Three broadband dongle which will also be chopped as soon as.
                          You can expect poor coverage only to be matched by poor customer service.
                          My advice if you go ahead is to deal with a local Three shop so when you have an issue with Three you can seek support from the shop manager which I had to. Three courier deivered my order to the wrong address twice. The manager of the shop managed to find this out but it took several weeks for Three with the shop manager pleading my case to accept my word and the courier that I did not have the orderd product !
                          Take care.....
                          Janner

Comment

I have a 3 handset and Orange handset - service is comparable.

Comment

3 are the only company(AFASIK) to offer free voicemail. Useful for me personally as i rarely answer calls(left in the car usually).Coverage is comparable to T-mobile(company phone). I know 3 were crap in the past;but I believe their networks on a par with the rest now.

Comment

Working...
                              X