This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap calls from Thailand

Amongst the usual negative information on Stickman's website this week. I read this which may be of interest to members.

“If you don't want to stuff around with an Internet connection to call overseas on the cheap, go to any 7 Eleven and get yourself a "True Inter SIM card". With this type of SIM card inserted in your mobile you can call most Western countries from your mobile for just 1 baht a minute. That's a hard deal to beat. Remember it must be the "Inter SIM" - a regular True SIM card does NOT have this promotion.”

No mention of how much the SIM actually costs ???

Dylan

Thanks for that Dylan, that may be very useful for members here. I've found this link to the service.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Comment

phew I wish I had this in the summer when the bank card went walkabouts. Am I the only one who finds skype so unusuable FROM thailand to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by the gardener View Post
        Am I the only one who finds skype so unusuable FROM thailand to the UK.
        Skype's pretty good from an ADSL connection in Thailand.

I wouldn't attempt it via a mobile phone or internet cafe.
        Paul พอล
        กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

um i lost it(in frustration) in the internet cafe in korat near the uni and told not to bother by a thai national, mind it was saturday night. Maybe things are a bit different in bkk or was it that overloaded hub in the caf.

Comment

Originally posted by the gardener View Post
            um i lost it(in frustration) in the internet cafe in korat near the uni and told not to bother by a thai national, mind it was saturday night. Maybe things are a bit different in bkk or was it that overloaded hub in the caf.
            I'm a lot further from Bangkok than Korat, but get some really good Skype connections regardless of the time of day.

I think your latter guess the most likely. Despite any claims to the contrary, many internet cafes here operate off a single, shared ADSL connection no better than one you can get at home, except they're loading it with 20+ users all at once. Not a hope in hell of getting anywhere with Skype if that's the case.
            Paul พอล
            กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

Its post pay 199 baht per month http://www.truemove.com/EN/postpay-n...il.rails?Id=37
              Buy cheap, pay twice.

Comment

i,m confused it has a monthly fee regardless ??
                Last edited by maokaang; 6 Oct 2009, 07:01. Reason: My apologies, I've deleted part of your message in error while running some tests

Comment

You can buy this sim as a pay as you go sim from any 7 eleven for 49 baht. Credit lasts for one year.

Comment

New and Hello

thank you and welcome, please feel free to voice your opinions any time. Hope Telford is looking after you.

Comment

true international sim 1 b per min

just purcased one from 7/11, if you read the small print it is only 1baht per minute to uk landlines ,if you are calling to a mobile in uk the cost is 6 baht per minute also if you are calling somone on a different thai network the cost is 1.5 baht per minute

Comment

Working...
                      X