X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0844 problems

hi everyone
    has anybody else having problems calling thailand at the moment? i try mabe 10 times using 0844 numbers and most of the time can not get to call the mrs, anybody have a number
    that works first time?

Hi Bigone, Try using this web site www.18185.co.uk register with them and you can use landline or mobile to call it costs 1.5p per min very clear and I always get through no problem, they bill your credit card every month.
    dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Comment

Try using this site. You can select mobile or landline. The cheapest at the moment is 0.5p/min. This is the one Nok uses and gets through nearly everyday without problem.
      Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

I have whats called a crazy card; if you purchase £5 worth of credit, you get £5 free; ie £10 and so on. This uses my free minutes and works out much cheaper if calling mobiles in Thailand. Their are quite a few 0844 numbers and never have trouble only at peak times in Thailand. Hope this helps.

Comment

You talking about Thailand not receiving or your call not being connected? My wife has been having a few "for English, please press two" messages, so we are definitely connecting. The only answer she can give is that it's raining over their (all her family switch off their phones during the rain) so it maybe the case here.

Comment

I've had problems with 0844 numbers in the past. The phone of the person I'm trying to contact will ring but doesn't connect. I'll try a hour later and everything is fine. The Little Lady phoned home this morning without any problems.

Comment

The only answer she can give is that it's raining over their
              The mobile networks can get a bit iffy if there's a major rain or thunderstorm, especially during peak periods. In some areas, microwave transceivers are used instead of cable to relay landlines across remote distances, so even landlines can be affected if there's a storm somewhere along the route of the call.
              Paul พอล
              กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

thanks for all your answers

Comment

Originally posted by maokaang:
                  The only answer she can give is that it's raining over their
                  The mobile networks can get a bit iffy if there's a major rain or thunderstorm, especially during peak periods. In some areas, microwave transceivers are used instead of cable to relay landlines across remote distances, so even those can be affected if there's a storm somewhere along the route of the call.
                  If there's a storm or threats of thunder and lightening especially in rural areas most Thais normally switch there phones off for fear of electrocution.

There was a case a couple of years ago where a Thai teenager died through a bolt of lightening hiting her,she apparantly put her mobile under her arm whilst running for shelter.

Come to think of it my wifes cousin who lives in bangkok switches her phone off if thunderstorms persist hence the probable reason why connection is'nt possible.

Comment

My wife uses 0844 no's regular but today they cut her off twice. The low call rates are fine but each re-connection with BT is another 6p so short calls get expensive if you keep having to redial. You get a 0.5p/min call rate but the connection can be costly so keep track of your phone bill/s. However, Still way cheaper than it used to be some years back.
                    "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

Comment

If there's a storm or threats of thunder and lightening especially in rural areas most Thais normally switch there phones off for fear of electrocution.
                      ... despite the fact that there is virtually no increase in risk of being hit by lightning with a mobile phone.

I think the Thai teenager you mentioned would have been hit at that moment with or without her mobile phone. The colour of her blouse probably had as much to do with it as her phone did - nothing.

They should instead be unplugging, or at least staying away from, their landline phones which do pose an increased risk of electrocution during a thunderstorm.
                      Paul พอล
                      กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

Comment

Originally posted by maokaang:
                        ... despite the fact that there is virtually no increase in risk of being hit by lightning with a mobile phone.

I think the Thai teenager you mentioned would have been hit at that moment with or without her mobile phone. The colour of her blouse probably had as much to do with it as her phone did - nothing.

They should instead be unplugging, or at least staying away from, their landline phones which do pose an increased risk of electrocution during a thunderstorm.
                        As maybe the case but i'm no expert on the matter but Thai superstition accounts for a lot as well you should know Paul

Comment

TUK Telecom 0844 555 0131 works for me every time unless the wife is in the village where calls are "hit and miss" but she calls me from the City to warn me when she is going there!

colin 244

Comment

you should try and get a add on with your mobile network provider 15 pounds a month 3,000mins free a month well happy and good conection to thailand apart from the rain

Comment

Originally posted by panya:
                              15 pounds a month 3,000mins free a month
                              Hardly free, you are paying £15 a month
                              Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

Working...
                              X