Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line Messenger [App malfunctioning]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Line Messenger [App malfunctioning]

    Hi All, before I travelled to Thailand, the line messenger what I have been using was fine. Since I have got back. None of my contacts are not receiving my messages .
    I can receive theirs. But they can't receive Mine. So what's gone wrong?
    Do I have to delete the line messenger and then reinstall it? Or.

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

  • #2
    I use Line. Not sure why? It's very slow loading. I much prefer Messenger. te2008, try uninstalling, but make sure you know your user name and password. It can be a real pain if you forget these. Not sure why your contacts cant receive but they can contact you? Go into settings and check your privacy settings and notifaction settings. Check your account settings too. Right at the bottom of settings is a help icon, not sure if that will sort your problem out. If not, get on Messenger Good luck.
    Get busy living or get busy dying

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by te2008 View Post
      Hi All, before I travelled to Thailand, the line messenger what I have been using was fine. Since I have got back. None of my contacts are not receiving my messages .
      I can receive theirs. But they can't receive Mine. So what's gone wrong?
      Do I have to delete the line messenger and then reinstall it?.
      I recently got back (oh, perhaps not, its a few months now) and use LINE to.
      I've not had any problems sending or receiving, and I swap to a Thai SIM when out there and Back to UK once back here. So I would say defo something your end, rather than the app.

      Try logging on to a PC and see if you can send and receive them on there before deleting the app off your phone.
      Back up chats etc before you delete app too, just in case there are any problems
      Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

      Comment


      • #4
        Try checking if it needs to update , I have had a few issues in the past where after update its not working properly, currently when the Mrs calls me then only half the time my video will actually start, if I call her then never an issue.

        Comment


        • #5
          Mine seems fine and havent noticed any issues this year or any year for that matter. Lose conversations but not contacts if you switch phones but am sure theres a way to back them up if you wanted
          On mine I want no evidence so are deleted daily anyway

          Comment


          • #6
            So last night, I decided to delete the app and then reinstalled it. Now it will not let me add my telephone number.

            Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by te2008 View Post
              So last night, I decided to delete the app and then reinstalled it. Now it will not let me add my telephone number.

              Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
              Reads invalid phone number.

              Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Can't really comment on the "invalid number " issue but will say that LINE uses massive amounts of data compared to whats app. It may be that's it's over taxing the 'phones available memory. Download a line cleaner and run it from time to time.

                As for the invalid number are you remembering to drop the zero on the international format?

                As with others although there has been a major line update it's working fine on my android.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by James HKT View Post
                  Can't really comment on the "invalid number " issue but will say that LINE uses massive amounts of data compared to whats app. It may be that's it's over taxing the 'phones available memory. Download a line cleaner and run it from time to time.

                  As for the invalid number are you remembering to drop the zero on the international format?

                  As with others although there has been a major line update it's working fine on my android.
                  I again deleted the app. I then added my Mobil number 07123654 etc but nothing.

                  Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by te2008 View Post
                    I again deleted the app. I then added my Mobil number 07123654 etc but nothing.

                    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
                    Doesn't the app insert +44 ? If so drop the first zero.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by James HKT View Post
                      Doesn't the app insert +44 ? If so drop the first zero.
                      I had an email from line messenger saying that I have been suspended due to their terms and conditions. Hmmmm. Within a couple of minutes, my line messenger is now up and running.
                      Does anyone know whether you can have WhatsApp and line messages both installed on to your phone at the same time.?

                      Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As long as you have enough memory on the telephone you can have as many messenger aps as you wish. I have LINE, What's App, Viber, BBM, WeChat and Skype. All work perfectly.

                        Some of the cheaper Android 'phone's only have 8GB of internal memory and this will run out pretty fast, you could probably only run a few decent sized apps, and as I say LINE is pretty data hungry, several times the size of What's App.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X