This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC Code 3 Mobile

Can anyone tell me how can I get my PAC code, because 3 Mobile are just messing me around. Yesterday after spending 30 minutes on the phone and being transferred from department to department, I was then spoke to a chap called Shailesha from 3 mobile, He said that your PAC code will be sent to your mobile phone within 15-20 minutes, but as yet nothing.

So Do I write a letter to OFCOM? Which ? or

te2008, did you call 333 from your Mobile phone? I would give them a call again and tell them that you called yesterday, how long it took and what you were told and that you still haven't received the text. I know that they are intent on having a great customer experience, http://www.three.co.uk/makeitright, whether you are leaving them or not, and so you should also let them know how you feel http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Conta...omplaints_code . I think you should also mention about the make it right and how would Wilson feel when you phone them again.

Comment

Ofcom say:

PACs have to be issued immediately over the phone or within a maximum of two hours by text message.

Use this letter template if you have not received your PAC code

Make sure you are receiving texts, I didn't and I was told to do a restart on my phone (vodafone). I did and received 3 messages straight away. Sounds daft, but it worked for me.
      Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Comment

Could also try http://www.paccodes.co.uk/networks/th
        Lucky

Comment

I would like to warn you of my experience with Three. I decided to move wife's phone to Tesco from Three and gave them notice and asked for a pac code however it also took a long time coming and as few people knew Jans no, took the new no from Tesco what I didn't know was if you didn't take up pac no they reinstate there contract ant took money from my a/c. Fort them for some time but didn't win.
          Be careful dealing with Three
          Melnathan

Comment

AS soon as I took my code from vodafone I cancelled the Direct Debit so they COULDN'T take any more money.

When I cancel any contract I always cancel the DD at the bank immediately so that no money can be taken without my knowledge.

Point in case:
            I have just changed Elec/Gas supplier (cancelled old supplier DD at bank).
            The old supplier is now saying I owe them money so I have asked for a bill to show this.
            So far they have not produced anything and they can't take any money because of cancelled DD and they won't get paid until they produce a bill to show what is owed.

Comment

I had a dickens of a job ending a contract with one mobile service provider (could never speak to the same person who I thought had dealt with my request) - put me off ever taking a contract again, though I since have with a supermarket.
              I'm always worried about cancelling a DD without clearing the matter up first with a company as they often have terms and conditions in their small print so legally they could pursue you for any monies they claim you owe. Even if as Gary says they would have to provide an itemised bill proving any outstanding amounts I'd personally still notify the company as I'm not knowelgeable enough to be certain I wouldn't end up with extra hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by marshall View Post
                I'm always worried about cancelling a DD without clearing the matter up first with a company as they often have terms and conditions in their small print so legally they could pursue you for any monies they claim you owe.
                Yes they can pursue you for any monies owed and you should pay these IF they can prove to you that you owe them.
                By cancelling the DD what you stop the company from doing is taking money that you do not agree you owe.

You wouldn't leave your wallet open in the bar for the barman just to keep taking money out of it when he wanted to just because you were still in the bar.
                Why would you leave your bank account open for a company to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary & Nok View Post
                  Yes they can pursue you for any monies owed and you should pay these IF they can prove to you that you owe them.
                  By cancelling the DD what you stop the company from doing is taking money that you do not agree you owe.

You wouldn't leave your wallet open in the bar for the barman just to keep taking money out of it when he wanted to just because you were still in the bar.
                  Why would you leave your bank account open for a company to do the same.
                  I paid to join a dating agency here a few months back for what I thought was a finite period (there were option plans involving re-newing automatically, which I dismissed - taking an option where I was sure I was paying just for 3 months service) turns out in the small print it stated unless you contact them and go into account settings to end subscriptions they would automatically charge my card at each renewal period - when I initially signed up I thought I was making a one off payment - I thought I'd read the page properly as didn't want any longer than a trial - obviously I missed a box to tick or similar (?) because when I recieved my statement another payment had been taken.
                  I phoned the bank (two days later) to try and re-coup my money which I couldn't (long story) and asked to cancel any future payments, to which my bank responded that I needed to contact the company who was taking payments for the radio broadcasters dating service (I thought I was dealing directly with a local radio station hence my trust). If I didn't and it was in their terms how you should end your membership through the site I could find myself in trouble with the company pursuing me.
                  In the past I've cancelled DD Gary but recently I've discovered if I had just done that with this company - without following their procedures I'd have given myself a big headache.
                  Once I logged back on and found where to unsubscribe (and many e-mails to them asking for my money back and cancellation) I then phoned my bank who said they would refund any future payments from this company.
                  I'm just making a point that in the past I've gone the 'John Wayne' route and cancelled without notifying a company - which in the past has been fine, but in this instance I would've been open to legal proceedings.

I understand your point that if you know you don't owe any money and someone is still trying to take it - then yes cancel the DD, im my instance I was sure I didn't owe money yet did because I must have missed something when signing up - which can't have been obvious as I'm usually quite thorough, especially making payment on-line.
                  Last edited by marshall; 24 Oct 2016, 15:10.

Comment

Working...
                  X