X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 5c & Iphone 6

Hi

Ive been told that at the airport in BKK there is a desk or desks that sort your phone out so you can use it in LOS.

Do they give/sell sims etc.?

Anyone know how it works these days please?

Thx

There are several booths on the arrival floor - one for each network - DTAC, TRUE, AIS etc

I usually stick with TRUE as I find it works well for me.

They have a price sheet so you pick your package & hand over your phone, cash & passport. Then the boys & girls set up your phone to work with the new SIM & make sure its live. They then tape your UK SIM to an instruction pack.

Very Important to make sure that your phone is SIM Free otherwise it wont happen.

You can do a top up at 7eleven stores if your package runs out. I think its substantially cheaper to get a PAYG SIM at any 7eleven but then you have to set it up yourself which can be tricky and if it doesn't work your on your own which is why I use the booths. They always seem to be very busy but you can normally get sorted within 15 mins or so.

Comment

The last time I was there I picked up a free DTAC sim at the airport and just added money on a credit card online. The wife's village gets a better 4G signal using True.

Both True and DTAC have a button to switch them to English on their websites to top up. It's easy enough to do. I would never let anybody near my phone with software, pin numbers or anything else and I certainly wouldn’t let it out of my sight.

Comment

Ok thx all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No need to let the phone go out of your sight - the kids are there in front of you doing the work. They need you there to punch your PIN in - they do not ask for your PIN. They don't install software - why would they?

Surprised that you can top up a Thai SIM with a foreign credit card that wasn't allowed before as I wanted to do that for my Nephew & Niece - will need to look into that again now.

Comment

I'm just getting the phones unlocked

I agree that no software gets installed & that they do it in front of you

Thx again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No need to let the phone go out of your sight - the kids are there in front of you doing the work. They need you there to punch your PIN in - they do not ask for your PIN. They don't install software - why would they?

A nice small keylogger app is enough to get all of the details off your phone or banking info or anything else. I am very happy to do it myself knowing how much cyber crime that is now going on.

Surprised that you can top up a Thai SIM with a foreign credit card that wasn't allowed before as I wanted to do that for my Nephew & Niece - will need to look into that again now.

Last time I used Paypal but the Entropay virtual card can be very handy. You top it up and it's the same as a debit card.

Comment

Working...
              X